• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Did the Obama Administration spy on Trump?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Of course they did and thought they would get away with it

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Barbarian observes:
    Cohen has confessed to colluding with Trump to protect his campaign by paying off women he was sleeping with.

As you learned, that was not the whole purpose. Read the authorization letter.

What matters is what the law says. And the law says it is a crime, if it was intended to help him get elected. Both Cohen and David Pecker admit that it was.

I notice the republicans, after years of effort, and millions of our tax dollars, got nothing in the way of convictions for Hillary Clinton. So either Clinton is exceptionally honest, or you're badly mistaken.

Republicans spent years trying to make crimes out of that, and finally admitted that they could not.

I know you want to believe it. But there's that evidence problem, again.

Not yet. He will be, now that the House isn't run by Trump apologists. Trump has repeatedly tried to overrule the Constitution, but the founders made the state too deep for him to get away with it. No one person can take control like that.

It is what makes the U.S. different than a banana republic.

How fortunate.

The Founders are surely pleased to see how well the separation of powers works.

2. The Barbarian

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Integrity and competence do matter. He's a republican, but an effective and honest one. Because of the current leadership of the republican party, it's easy to assume that all republicans are unpatriotic crooks. But it's not true.

3. The Barbarian

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    An Australian [, who reported it to his intelligence people, who passed it on to American intelligence people.

The the Trump collusion actually happened.

I believe he was charged with lying about it to FBI, but I can check if you like. Or you could look here; the details were posted earlier.

I believe Trump's national security advisor pleaded guilty to lying about his contracts with Russian agents. Would you like me to look that up for you? I believe Trump's campaign manager, Paul Manafort was convicted in part for hiding the payoff he got from Russian agents for work he did in Ukraine. Would you like to see more?

Because Feinstein didn't have people in her organization, hiding collusion with unfriendly nations.

Show us that. Checkable sources.

Becasuse Trump isn't allowed to just jail people he doesn't like. He threw a tantrum, but it was explained to him that he doesn't have that kind of power.

Three and a half years, at least. Republicans threw one accusation after another, spent tens of millions of our tax dollars, and came up with exactly nothing. Meuller has a year and a half and is taking down perps from Trump's organization, one after the other.

In the sense that prosecution depends on evidence.

Constitution. Our Anglo-Saxon tradition. Stuff like that.

So far, they've only caught right-wingers dealing with foreign agents and lying about it.

Lying, conspiracy, stuff like that.

Can you show us something?

Oh, it was much more than that:
    In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos, paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference. Trump only had to speak for an hour at each one, but audience members say he gave them their money’s worth by staying to answer audience questions. This was after Trump had already raked in one million per speech speaking at the same seminars in 2005
    10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers In the World