Did the Obama Administration spy on Trump?

Obama administration spied on Trump?

• Of course they did and thought they would get away with it

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Cohen has confessed to colluding with Trump to protect his campaign by paying off women he was sleeping with.

Note that is not Russian collusion, the whole purpose for the starting of the Mueller investigation.

As you learned, that was not the whole purpose. Read the authorization letter.

Also, lawyers differ if that was a campaign contribution at all, for it was a private matter paid with private funds.

What matters is what the law says. And the law says it is a crime, if it was intended to help him get elected. Both Cohen and David Pecker admit that it was.

There are always endless criminals to nail, if you focus hard enough and for long enough on just any one politician and his or her people.

I notice the republicans, after years of effort, and millions of our tax dollars, got nothing in the way of convictions for Hillary Clinton. So either Clinton is exceptionally honest, or you're badly mistaken.

For example, if Mueller focused on Clinton and her people, there would be endless criminals to nail, such as with regard to Clinton Foundation pay-to-play, or the Uranium One deal, with its $500,000 speech-bribe.

Republicans spent years trying to make crimes out of that, and finally admitted that they could not.

Similarly, if Mueller focused on Obama and his henchpeople, there would be endless criminals to nail, such as with regard to their collusion with b.i. in illegally spying on U.S. citizens.

I know you want to believe it. But there's that evidence problem, again.

This is not to say that Clinton, Obama, and their people should be investigated, but that Trump and his people should be given a break just as Clinton, Obama, and their people are being give a break.

Not yet. He will be, now that the House isn't run by Trump apologists. Trump has repeatedly tried to overrule the Constitution, but the founders made the state too deep for him to get away with it. No one person can take control like that.

It is what makes the U.S. different than a banana republic.

How fortunate.

The Founders are surely pleased to see how well the separation of powers works.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you saying Mueller is simply a lot better at his job then any other Republican is at investigating?

Integrity and competence do matter. He's a republican, but an effective and honest one. Because of the current leadership of the republican party, it's easy to assume that all republicans are unpatriotic crooks. But it's not true.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A drinking session with who?

An Australian [, who reported it to his intelligence people, who passed it on to American intelligence people.

how was his wanting to get email dirt on Clinton from Russia any different than Clinton actually getting dossier dirt on Trump "from Russia"?

The the Trump collusion actually happened.

Was he charged with "collusion"? How long did he serve in prison?

I believe he was charged with lying about it to FBI, but I can check if you like. Or you could look here; the details were posted earlier.

Also, has anyone in Trump's orbit been charged with "collusion"?

I believe Trump's national security advisor pleaded guilty to lying about his contracts with Russian agents. Would you like me to look that up for you? I believe Trump's campaign manager, Paul Manafort was convicted in part for hiding the payoff he got from Russian agents for work he did in Ukraine. Would you like to see more?

Then why didn't they even more urgently warn Trump like they warned Feinstein?

Because Feinstein didn't have people in her organization, hiding collusion with unfriendly nations.

You mean like how the d.s. went after a whistleblower regarding Clinton Foundation pay-to-play,

Show us that. Checkable sources.

Why is the d.s. protecting her?

Becasuse Trump isn't allowed to just jail people he doesn't like. He threw a tantrum, but it was explained to him that he doesn't have that kind of power.

How long do you think that she (or almost any other politician) would stand up to the same level of d.s. scrutiny that Trump is undergoing?

Three and a half years, at least. Republicans threw one accusation after another, spent tens of millions of our tax dollars, and came up with exactly nothing. Meuller has a year and a half and is taking down perps from Trump's organization, one after the other.

This is a case of selective prosecution.

In the sense that prosecution depends on evidence.

Constitution. Our Anglo-Saxon tradition. Stuff like that.

What about the left-wing conspiracy theory of "collusion"?

So far, they've only caught right-wingers dealing with foreign agents and lying about it.

For what? A charge of "collusion"?

Lying, conspiracy, stuff like that.

Also, was there collusion with regard to Uranium One?

Can you show us something?

Or do people just pay $500,000 for one speech without expecting to play?

Oh, it was much more than that:
In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos, paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference. Trump only had to speak for an hour at each one, but audience members say he gave them their money’s worth by staying to answer audience questions. This was after Trump had already raked in one million per speech speaking at the same seminars in 2005
10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers In the World

Upvote 0