LDS Did the Mormon Jesus (aka Jehovah) lie?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
From lds.org:
Jehovah
The covenant or proper name of the God of Israel. It denotes the “Unchangeable One,” “the eternal I AM” (Ex. 6:3; Ps. 83:18; Isa. 12:2; 26:4). The original pronunciation of this name has possibly been lost, as the Jews, in reading, never mentioned it but substituted one of the other names of God, usually Adonai. Probably it was pronounced Jahveh, or Yahveh. In the KJV, the Jewish custom has been followed, and the name is generally denoted by Lord or God, printed in small capitals.

Jehovah is the premortal Jesus Christ and came to earth being born of Mary (see Mosiah 3:8; 15:1; 3 Ne. 15:1–5; D&C 110:1–10). Although Ex. 6:3 states that the God of Israel was not known by the name Jehovah before Moses’ time, latter-day revelation tells us otherwise; see JST Ex. 6:3 (Ex. 6:3 note c); Abr. 1:16; 2:8; see also Gen. 22:14.
Jehovah

Did Israel worship the Son?

If Jehovah is Jesus as Mormons claim, did he lie wheh he said there is no other God?

Exodus 20
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Isaiah 44
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

There is no other god like our Father. In truly worshipping him, we will strive to be worthy of all that we are and can become.
S. Michael Wilcox
“No Other Gods before Me” - Ensign Jan. 1994 - ensign

God is the Supreme Being in the universe.

1. 1.
    God the Father is greater than all (see Ephesians 4:6; John 10:29).

2. 2.
    As the Supreme Being, God the Father should be the object of our love and worship (see D&C 18:40; 20:29; Joshua 22:5; Mark 12:30; D&C 4:2;Luke 4:8).
Doctrines of the Gospel Student Manual Chapter 3: God the Eternal Father

God is the Supreme Being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is all-powerful and all-knowing, and He is full of love, mercy, charity, and compassion. He is the Author of the plan for our happiness.
God Is Our Father

God the Father is the Supreme Being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is the ultimate Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things. He is perfect, has all power, and knows all things. He “has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s” (D&C 130:22).
True to the Faith God the Father

The supreme Governor of the universe and the Father of mankind. We learn from the revelations that have been given that there are three separate persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. From latter-day revelation we learn that the Father and the Son have tangible bodies of flesh and bone and that the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit without flesh and bone (D&C 130:22–23).
When one speaks of God, it is generally the Father who is referred to; that is, Elohim. All mankind are His children. The personage known as Jehovah in Old Testament times, and who is usually identified in the Old Testament as Lord (in small capitals), is the Son, known as Jesus Christ, and who is also a God. Jesus works under the direction of the Father and is in complete harmony with Him. All mankind are His brethren and sisters, He being the eldest of the spirit children of Elohim. Many of the things that the scripture says were done by God were actually done by the Lord (Jesus). Thus the scripture says that “God created the heaven and the earth” (Gen. 1:1), but we know that it was actually the Lord (Jesus) who was the creator (John 1:3, 10), or as Paul said, God created all things by Christ Jesus (Eph. 3:9). The Holy Ghost is also a God and is variously called the Holy Spirit, the Spirit, the Spirit of God, etc.
God

The Savior taught: “But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted” (Matt. 23:11–12). The Savior lived His teachings. He showed us the way. The God of this earth, the Redeemer of the world, condescended to minister to the humble, despised, despairing, hopeless, and helpless.
“The Condescension of God” - Ensign Dec. 2001 - ensign

Did the Mormon Jesus lie?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Did the Mormon Jesus lie?

The Mormon Jesus never was alive - it is a false and deceiving thing, a pagan god of idolatrous worship/ never existed, never lived, never born, never could help anyone nor save anyone nor deliver anyone from sin
and
could never deliver anyone from death.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Mormon Jesus never was alive - it is a false and deceiving thing, a pagan god of idolatrous worship/ never existed, never lived, never born, never could help anyone nor save anyone nor deliver anyone from sin
and
could never deliver anyone from death.

That's true. However, if they think he's real, why do they accept his lies?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That's true. However, if they think he's real, why do they accept his lies?
Why wouldn't they ?
That's par for mankind. (following frauds, believing lies of other 'gods' instead of believing the TRUTH: YHWH and Y'SHUA, )

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's obvious that they believe Isaiah was either translated incorrectly or their "god of this earth" didn't know of "heavenly father elohim"; the other option would be that he lied. If they think he's real, why do they accept his lies?

I'm aware that they aren't understanding the word of God.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's obvious that they believe Isaiah was either translated incorrectly or their "god of this earth" didn't know of "heavenly father elohim"; the other option would be that he lied. If they think he's real, why do they accept his lies?

I'm aware that they aren't understanding the word of God.
You know for the life of me why do you what we Believe is a lie since it's teachings are found in the Bible. Do you believe the Bible is lying?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All mormon persuasion, teaching, practice, practices, doctrines,dogmas and life
is opposed to YHWH,
is contrary to JESUS,
and is completely in motive, origin, and purpose and results death dealing and opposed to SCRIPTURE.

Any appearance or claim of being found in the BIBLE is deception.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All mormon persuasion, teaching, practice, practices, doctrines,dogmas and life
is opposed to YHWH,
is contrary to JESUS,
and is completely in motive, origin, and purpose and results death dealing and opposed to SCRIPTURE.

Any appearance or claim of being found in the BIBLE is deception.
We believe in loving our fellow man. Is this against Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
According to the BIBLE, All of the BIBLE, no one in darkness, in sin, outside of Christ,(that includes all the ekklesia before they were born again)

is able to give or to receive love , let alone discuss it,
the same, without prejudice at all, the same as all other religions outside of Christ.
i.e. deception is everywhere, and Jesus offers you the same offer everyone gets: to turn to YHWH(GOD) through faith in Jesus, by His Grace.
It costs everyone everything, not just you - so it is not as if Jesus is asking you for something not required of everyone else.

It cost Jesus His life, willingly sacrificed, His Blood Shed,
for
those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose.

He was resurrected, never to die again, as the HOPE for all who believe in HIM.

Reactions: Justaman0000
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By itself, loving your neighbor does not make one a Christian. Plenty of non-Christian and/or non-religious people do that already. So really, your post is pointless.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to the BIBLE, All of the BIBLE, no one in darkness, in sin, outside of Christ,(that includes all the ekklesia before they were born again)

is able to give or to receive love , let alone discuss it,
the same, without prejudice at all, the same as all other religions outside of Christ.
i.e. deception is everywhere, and Jesus offers you the same offer everyone gets: to turn to YHWH(GOD) through faith in Jesus, by His Grace.
It costs everyone everything, not just you - so it is not as if Jesus is asking you for something not required of everyone else.

It cost Jesus His life, willingly sacrificed, His Blood Shed,
for
those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose.

He was resurrected, never to die again, as the HOPE for all who believe in HIM.
Do you believe that faith in Christ saves you? Since you are not Christ and you are not perfect how can I have faith in what your saying is correct understanding of Gods word? You are a puny mortal man compared to the least of the prophets who received revelation from God that we now call scripture. Unless you can claim revelation from God in which God has revealed more of his words to you and you can now claim more scripture than your opinions then it will be just that. Opinions and everyone has one. You have neither the authority or power to judge whether or not what I believe is false. The only authority you do have is the choice you make in disregarding it our follow it. Other than that you have no idea if the path your following is more correct than mine. You can have faith in Christ but if it is a incomplete faith in Christ does it save you? If you can show me that your interpretation of the scriptures is correct I would follow it in a second. The problem you would have in proving this is the fact that your faith in Christ and your understanding of him is incomplete. Not only that it makes little sense in the whole of what mainstream Christianity believes from the creation to the judgement. You have some parts correct but have added as truth the parts to try and force it to be more complete but are left with gapping questions because much of it is not biblical. For example. You believe that God is good. If God was not good could he be our God or a God? I would assume your answer would be God is good and would not be evil. If there was no such thing as evil before God created, who do you feel is responsible for creating evil? That's just one question that I have asked and has never been answered. Bothered have been attempts to answer it but makes little sense. Such as God created lucifer but lucifer chose to do evil. I believe that is true except that God didn't create evil. It has always existed. That makes more sense to me

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Having faith in the true God allows a person to glorify Him.

I'm glad you love all of us --- that is a gift of common grace.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you can show me that your interpretation of the scriptures is correct I would follow it in a second.

Only God can open your eyes.

Romans 10
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

John 15
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Think about it. You can't show us that your interpretation is correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Romans 10
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

John 15
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If God is the only one that can open my eyes and if your not God then why are you here attacking my beliefs? Leave it to God.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Romans 10

John 15

If you were sincere in wanting to know I would leave it to God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If God is the only one that can open my eyes and if your not God then why are you here attacking my beliefs? Leave it to God.

God wants me to point out the differences between Biblical Christianity and Mormonism. If you don't believe God opens a person's eyes and ears to truth, you don't believe the Bible or revelation from God to man. If you believe that God doesn't reveal truth to humans, you can't even ask someone to pray about the Book of Mormon.

• Winner
Reactions: Evan Briggs
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you were sincere in wanting to know I would leave it to God.

I went to the real God for truth and He answered me. I know by the power if the Holy Spirit that Mormonism is false.

Book of Mormon, Moroni 10
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

• Winner
Reactions: Evan Briggs
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I went to the real God for truth and He answered me. I know by the power if the Holy Spirit that Mormonism is false.

Book of Mormon, Moroni 10
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
How was it manifest to you?

Upvote 0