Did the event of 1948 Israel fulfill any Bible prophecy?

Did event of Israel 1948 fulfill any Bible prophecy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Terrible things have happened to the Jews. All as prophesied, that they would be profaned among the nations. Has anything changed?
No: the Jews remain in rejection of Jesus, they rely on their own strength for their safety, Tel Aviv is touted as the gay capital of the world, etc, etc.
Paul makes a good case against them in Romans 2:17-29 and plainly states that a true Jew is one who is circumcised of the heart. Very few Jews today would qualify for that.

You and many Christians want to deny the truth of a forthcoming Judgment of the Jewish people. Those who call themselves Jews, whether they are true descendants of Judah or not.
Jesus will swing His winnowing fork and those chaff will be burned up by His fiery wrath. Ezekiel 21:1-16

I don't know abou tthat. I have been to Israel and there are thousands of Messianic congregations (granted some are only 3-4 people) but I went to one on Mount Carmel and we in my group worshipped with over 300 messianic Jews! In America there are many Messianic Jews and a dight that burdened my heart to pray for Israel was the wailing wall!

So many are praying for Messiah to come. I pray 2 Cor 3:
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do some serious reading of Josephus, if you dare. The combined physical and spiritual suffering of the Jews was, and ever will be, unequaled.

Believers were the elect before they fled, and they continued to be the elect after they fled.

Been there and done that several times!

Do you think Ezekiel's IQ was three or less?

Ezekiel 21:2
Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

You should learn context! the holy places were where Israel had set up their high places and istareth poles and worship of Ba'al.

To a Jew there is only one holy CITY Jerusalem, One holy building the TEMPLE, and one Holy place- the court between the outer court and the inner holy of holies!

REad Eddersheim or Fruchtenbaum. THE holy place as Jesus said was only understood as in the temple.

You still did not answer who and when Paul was speaking of when He said the man of sin would sit in the temple of God, declaring Himself he is God!

Do some serious reading of Josephus, if you dare. The combined physical and spiritual suffering of the Jews was, and ever will be, unequaled.

Believers were the elect before they fled, and they continued to be the elect after they fled.

Well I guess you can read minds if you knew the Spiritual suffering of the Jews! But so I do not misunderstand you :

You are declaring that the siege of 66-70 AD was the worst tribulation that world had evere seen and will ever see? Nothing prior to that siege was worse and nothing since the siege of 66-70AD measures to the events of Rome destroying Jerusalem?

Matt. 24:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

So you are saying that Jesus when He said this was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem in 66-70 AD. Even though millions of Jews still lived in the land, still worshipped in synagogues still lived in peace, and even for a time threw off Roman rule under the bar-Kochba revolution

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 66:7-14 refers to the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, that will be established in all of the holy Land, soon after that area is cleared and cleansed by the Lord. Deuteronomy 32:34-43
It is impossible for the Jewish State of Israel to have fulfilled this prophecy. They took 50 years from proposal, in 1898 to declaring that State in 1948.
They have not had the Blessings as described and many prophesies tell of their virtual demise and only a remnant will survive to join with their Christian brethren. Romans 9:27, Jeremiah 50:4-5

BTW, pretty please: spell Israel correctly

That is because they are still in the in-gathering phase!

Ez. 36:20-24:
“And when they entered unto the nations to which they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land.

“But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations, to which they went.

“Therefore, say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God: I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the nations, to which ye went.

“And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

“For I will take you from among the nations, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.”

Ezekiel 20:33-39 King James Version (KJV)
33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

The remnant of each generation is still getting saved. Israel is the troubling thing to teh nations as God prophesied!

They are entering back in unbelief so that god will pour out His wrath ojn tehm and force them into teh bond of teh covenant.

They still have the vail on when MOses is read- but one day8 that vail will be removed as foretold! And Also as soon as the fiull number of Gentiles come in-ALL Israel will be saved! This is Goids promise for HIS names sake!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Terrible things have happened to the Jews. All as prophesied, that they would be profaned among the nations. Has anything changed?
No: the Jews remain in rejection of Jesus, they rely on their own strength for their safety, Tel Aviv is touted as the gay capital of the world, etc, etc.
Paul makes a good case against them in Romans 2:17-29 and plainly states that a true Jew is one who is circumcised of the heart. Very few Jews today would qualify for that.

You and many Christians want to deny the truth of a forthcoming Judgment of the Jewish people. Those who call themselves Jews, whether they are true descendants of Judah or not.
Jesus will swing His winnowing fork and those chaff will be burned up by His fiery wrath. Ezekiel 21:1-16

Romans 10
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Ethnicity is irrelevant, though you want to deny it.

Those who call upon Him will be blessed.
Those who do not will be punished.

As it has always been.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You should learn context! the holy places were where Israel had set up their high places and istareth poles and worship of Ba'al.

To a Jew there is only one holy CITY Jerusalem, One holy building the TEMPLE, and one Holy place- the court between the outer court and the inner holy of holies!

Did Ezekiel consider Jerusalem to be an unholy place?

You still did not answer who and when Paul was speaking of when He said the man of sin would sit in the temple of God, declaring Himself he is God!

I've already explained why there is no connection between Matthew 24 and 2 Thess. 2, if you'd bother to read the posts.

The Protestant Reformation was born out of a recognition of the apostate papacy as the man of sin, but that is a whole other discussion.

We do know with certainty that the abomination of desolation was not the man of sin.

Well I guess you can read minds if you knew the Spiritual suffering of the Jews! But so I do not misunderstand you :

You are declaring that the siege of 66-70 AD was the worst tribulation that world had evere seen and will ever see? Nothing prior to that siege was worse and nothing since the siege of 66-70AD measures to the events of Rome destroying Jerusalem?

If you need to ask that question, then you need to read Josephus yet again.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is because they are still in the in-gathering phase!
For 72 years? That argument doesn't wash.
I proved that Isaiah 66:7-14 cannot apply to the Jewish State of Israel, you only need to read the prophecy to see that.
The teaching that it refers to the Jews, is just a tenet of the 'rapture to heaven' theory, making it a falsehood upon a lie.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 10
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Ethnicity is irrelevant, though you want to deny it.

Those who call upon Him will be blessed.
Those who do not will be punished.

As it has always been.

for entry into the body of Christ.

But before the church there werew differences. And for the promises and prophesies God has made- Israel is still Israel.

They are His covenant people and He will perform all He said He will for HIs names sake- not for the sake of Israel.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Ezekiel consider Jerusalem to be an unholy place?

Once again contesxt matters and Ezekiel is prophesying against Israels Holy Places and not Gods!

For the Record Yes Jerusalem waqs and still is the holy CITY!

But biblically it is not the holy PLACE! That is the interior room between the outer court and the holy of holies!

Some even include the holy of holies (also called the most holy).

YOu should stop trying to translate 1st century thought with a 21st century mindset.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For 72 years? That argument doesn't wash.
I proved that Isaiah 66:7-14 cannot apply to the Jewish State of Israel, you only need to read the prophecy to see that.
The teaching that it refers to the Jews, is just a tenet of the 'rapture to heaven' theory, making it a falsehood upon a lie.

Are you trying to tell God how long He should take????

Well it is a lie in your opinion.

But show another point in History where Israel was birthed in a day!

I wish I had control of the rapture. Having the sarcastic sense of humor that I have, When God calls for the rapture (tells the son to fetch His bride) I would just have those who know the rapture is a pre trib event get caught up! Let the rest stay and panic! Then after an hour- have the Father say- " I am only kidding, you can come up too"! :clap:

But I can be patient. If it happens in our lifetime you will see teh following acually and ot allegorically happen:

1. The Russian invasion (Gog/Magog) of Israel with its allies.
2. God destroys the invaders.
3. Great revival because of that.
4. a One world govt.
5. That govt. fail and a ten head rule of the world
6. Somewhere along the line the church is caught up and snatched away!
7. The third temple rebuilt (Israel already bought back by the sword as Ez. 38 prophesied) and the restoration of animal sacrifice begun, though not accepted by God.
8. The rise of the antichrist.

Now as the rapture has been imminent since Jesus left- The church may not be here to see any of these events. Gods promise to the church is that they will not be here for the wrath to come! And wrath when used prophetically (unless specifically8 modified) is always the 70 th week of Daniel.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

I find it saddening that you cannot disagree without calling your borthers and sisters keepers of lies and falsehoods. Also once wolves in sheep clothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
for entry into the body of Christ.

But before the church there werew differences. And for the promises and prophesies God has made- Israel is still Israel.

They are His covenant people and He will perform all He said He will for HIs names sake- not for the sake of Israel.

There were never differences.

Genesis 17
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

From the very beginning, God extended His same Covenant to both Jew and Gentile, without ethnic distinction.

He blessed faithful and obedient Jews and Gentiles, without ethnic distinction.

He punished unfaithful and disobedient Jews and Gentiles, without ethnic distinction.

His Covenant conditions were faith and obedience alone, without ethnic distinction.

As they have always been.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were never differences.

Genesis 17
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

From the very beginning, God extended His same Covenant to both Jew and Gentile, without ethnic distinction.

He blessed faithful and obedient Jews and Gentiles, without ethnic distinction.

He punished unfaithful and disobedient Jews and Gentiles, without ethnic distinction.

His Covenant conditions were faith and obedience alone, without ethnic distinction.

As they have always been.

Being saved therer has never been a difference- But once Israel became a nation- God established a difference between a natural Jew and a proselyte. Both saved but in the inheritance there wasd a huge difference!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being saved therer has never been a difference- But once Israel became a nation- God established a difference between a natural Jew and a proselyte. Both saved but in the inheritance there wasd a huge difference!

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

No difference there.

Christ is the Heir of all of the inheritance.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once again contesxt matters and Ezekiel is prophesying against Israels Holy Places and not Gods!

For the Record Yes Jerusalem waqs and still is the holy CITY!

But biblically it is not the holy PLACE! That is the interior room between the outer court and the holy of holies!

Some even include the holy of holies (also called the most holy).

YOu should stop trying to translate 1st century thought with a 21st century mindset.

Since when was Jerusalem not a place?

John 4:20
Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since when was Jerusalem not a place?

John 4:20
Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

That is not what I said and you know it! Or are you always this nit picky? I have told you in th ehistoric context what THE holy place was in Jesus day- you just refuse to accept it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
....and He HAS:

Joshua 21 (I'm going to quote the whole passage in case people aren't interested in looking it up - for the sake of convenience):

Cities for the Levites

1 The heads of the levitical families approached Eleazar the priest, Joshua, Nun's son, and the heads of the families of the Israelite tribes.
2 They spoke to them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan: "The LORD gave a command through Moses to give us cities to live in and their pasture lands for our cattle."

3 So the Israelites gave the Levites the following cities and their pasturelands out of their own legacy. This was in agreement with the LORD's command.
4 The lot went out for the clans of the Kohathites. The descendants of Aaron the priest from among the Levites acquired thirteen cities by lot from the tribes of Judah, Simeon, and Benjamin.

5 The rest of the descendants of Kohath acquired ten cities by lot from the clans of the tribes of Ephraim, Dan, and half of Manasseh.
6 The descendants of Gershon acquired thirteen cities by lot from the clans of the tribes of Issachar, Asher, Naphtali, and the half of Manasseh located in Bashan.
7 The descendants of Merari acquired twelve cities for their clans from the tribes of Reuben, Gad, and Zebulun.

8 So the Israelites gave these cities and their pasturelands to the Levites by lot, exactly as the LORD had commanded through Moses.
9 They gave the following cities, identified here by name, from the tribe of the Judahites and the tribe of the Simeonites.
10 The cities belonged to the descendants of Aaron, one of the Kohathite clans of the Levites, because the lot had fallen to them first.

11 They gave them Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the highlands of Judah and the pastures around it. (Arba was the father of Anak.)
12 But they had already given the fields of the city and its surrounding areas to Caleb, Jephunneh's son, as his property.

13 To the descendants of Aaron the priest they gave: Hebron, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; Libnah and its pastures;
14 Jattir and its pastures; Eshtemoa and its pastures;
15 Holon and its pastures; Debir and its pastures;
16 Ain and its pastures; Juttah and its pastures; and Beth-shemesh and its pastures. Total from these two tribes: nine cities.
17 From the tribe of Benjamin: Gibeon and its pastures, Geba and its pastures,
18 Anathoth and its pastures, and Almon and its pastures. In total: four cities.
19 This is the total of all the cities of the priests descended from Aaron: thirteen cities with their pastures.

20 Other clans from the levitical descendants of Kohath still remained from among the descendants of Kohath. Some of their allotted cities were from the tribe of Ephraim.

21 They gave them: Shechem, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures in the highlands of Ephraim; Gezer and its pastures;
22 Kibzaim and its pastures; and Beth-horon and its pastures; in total: four cities.
23 From the tribe of Dan: Elteke and its pastures, Gibbethon and its pastures,
24 Aijalon and its pastures, Gath-rimmon and its pastures; in total: four cities.
25 From half the tribe of Manasseh: Taanach and its pastures, and Gath-rimmon and its pastures; in total: two cities.

26This is the total of all cities for the clans of the remaining descendants of Kohath: ten cities with their pastures.

27 To the descendants of Gershon, one of the clans of the Levites, from half the tribe of Manasseh: Golan in Bashan, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; and Beeshterah and its pastures; in total: two cities.
28From the tribe of Issachar: Kishion and its pastures, Daberath and its pastures,
29 Jarmuth and its pastures, En-gannim and its pastures; in total: four cities.

30 From the tribe of Asher: Mishal and its pastures, Abdon and its pastures,
31 Helkath and its pastures, and Rehob and its pastures; in total: four cities.

32 From the tribe of Naphtali: Kedesh in Galilee, the refuge city for the killer, and its pastures; Hammoth-dor and its pastures; and Kartan and its pastures; in total: three cities.

33 This is the total of all cities of the Gershonites for their clans: thirteen cities with their pastures.
34 To the clans of the descendants of Merari, the rest of the Levites, from the tribe of Zebulun: Jokneam and its pastures, Kartah and its pastures,
35 Dimnah and its pastures, Nahalal and its pastures; in total: four cities.

36 From the tribe of Reuben: Bezer and its pastures, Jahaz and its pastures,
37 Kedemoth and its pastures, and Mephaath and its pastures; in total: four cities.
38 From the tribe of Gad: Ramoth in Gilead, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; Mahanaim and its pastures;
39 Heshbon and its pastures; Jazer and its pastures; in total: four cities.
40 As for the cities of the descendants of Merari for their clans, the remaining clans of the Levites, their total allotment was twelve cities.

41 This is the total of all the cities of the Levites within the property of the Israelites: forty-eight cities with their pastures.
42 Each of these cities had its pastures around it. This was the case for all these cities.

Summary of the conquest

43 The LORD gave to Israel all the land he had pledged to give to their ancestors. They took it over and settled there.

44 The LORD gave them rest from surrounding danger, exactly as he had pledged to their ancestors. Not one of all their enemies held out against them. The LORD gave all their enemies into their power.
45 Not one of all the good things that the LORD had promised to the house of Israel failed. Every promise was fulfilled. ~ Joshua 21 - CEB Bible - The heads of the levitical families approached...

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Being saved therer has never been a difference- But once Israel became a nation- God established a difference between a natural Jew and a proselyte.
What "saves" a natural Jew, then (in your belief)? The Law? I believe that's addressed in Romans 3:30:

Romans 3:29-30 ~ Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What "saves" a natural Jew, then (in your belief)? The Law? I believe that's addressed in Romans 3:30:

Romans 3:29-30 ~ Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

No the blood of Jesus saved the OT saints. They did not know at the time, but their faith in God credited them with righteousness until Jesus shed His blood!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....and He HAS:

Joshua 21 (I'm going to quote the whole passage in case people aren't interested in looking it up - for the sake of convenience):

Cities for the Levites

1 The heads of the levitical families approached Eleazar the priest, Joshua, Nun's son, and the heads of the families of the Israelite tribes.
2 They spoke to them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan: "The LORD gave a command through Moses to give us cities to live in and their pasture lands for our cattle."

3 So the Israelites gave the Levites the following cities and their pasturelands out of their own legacy. This was in agreement with the LORD's command.
4 The lot went out for the clans of the Kohathites. The descendants of Aaron the priest from among the Levites acquired thirteen cities by lot from the tribes of Judah, Simeon, and Benjamin.

5 The rest of the descendants of Kohath acquired ten cities by lot from the clans of the tribes of Ephraim, Dan, and half of Manasseh.
6 The descendants of Gershon acquired thirteen cities by lot from the clans of the tribes of Issachar, Asher, Naphtali, and the half of Manasseh located in Bashan.
7 The descendants of Merari acquired twelve cities for their clans from the tribes of Reuben, Gad, and Zebulun.

8 So the Israelites gave these cities and their pasturelands to the Levites by lot, exactly as the LORD had commanded through Moses.
9 They gave the following cities, identified here by name, from the tribe of the Judahites and the tribe of the Simeonites.
10 The cities belonged to the descendants of Aaron, one of the Kohathite clans of the Levites, because the lot had fallen to them first.

11 They gave them Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the highlands of Judah and the pastures around it. (Arba was the father of Anak.)
12 But they had already given the fields of the city and its surrounding areas to Caleb, Jephunneh's son, as his property.

13 To the descendants of Aaron the priest they gave: Hebron, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; Libnah and its pastures;
14 Jattir and its pastures; Eshtemoa and its pastures;
15 Holon and its pastures; Debir and its pastures;
16 Ain and its pastures; Juttah and its pastures; and Beth-shemesh and its pastures. Total from these two tribes: nine cities.
17 From the tribe of Benjamin: Gibeon and its pastures, Geba and its pastures,
18 Anathoth and its pastures, and Almon and its pastures. In total: four cities.
19 This is the total of all the cities of the priests descended from Aaron: thirteen cities with their pastures.

20 Other clans from the levitical descendants of Kohath still remained from among the descendants of Kohath. Some of their allotted cities were from the tribe of Ephraim.

21 They gave them: Shechem, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures in the highlands of Ephraim; Gezer and its pastures;
22 Kibzaim and its pastures; and Beth-horon and its pastures; in total: four cities.
23 From the tribe of Dan: Elteke and its pastures, Gibbethon and its pastures,
24 Aijalon and its pastures, Gath-rimmon and its pastures; in total: four cities.
25 From half the tribe of Manasseh: Taanach and its pastures, and Gath-rimmon and its pastures; in total: two cities.

26This is the total of all cities for the clans of the remaining descendants of Kohath: ten cities with their pastures.

27 To the descendants of Gershon, one of the clans of the Levites, from half the tribe of Manasseh: Golan in Bashan, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; and Beeshterah and its pastures; in total: two cities.
28From the tribe of Issachar: Kishion and its pastures, Daberath and its pastures,
29 Jarmuth and its pastures, En-gannim and its pastures; in total: four cities.

30 From the tribe of Asher: Mishal and its pastures, Abdon and its pastures,
31 Helkath and its pastures, and Rehob and its pastures; in total: four cities.

32 From the tribe of Naphtali: Kedesh in Galilee, the refuge city for the killer, and its pastures; Hammoth-dor and its pastures; and Kartan and its pastures; in total: three cities.

33 This is the total of all cities of the Gershonites for their clans: thirteen cities with their pastures.
34 To the clans of the descendants of Merari, the rest of the Levites, from the tribe of Zebulun: Jokneam and its pastures, Kartah and its pastures,
35 Dimnah and its pastures, Nahalal and its pastures; in total: four cities.

36 From the tribe of Reuben: Bezer and its pastures, Jahaz and its pastures,
37 Kedemoth and its pastures, and Mephaath and its pastures; in total: four cities.
38 From the tribe of Gad: Ramoth in Gilead, the refuge city for a killer, and its pastures; Mahanaim and its pastures;
39 Heshbon and its pastures; Jazer and its pastures; in total: four cities.
40 As for the cities of the descendants of Merari for their clans, the remaining clans of the Levites, their total allotment was twelve cities.

41 This is the total of all the cities of the Levites within the property of the Israelites: forty-eight cities with their pastures.
42 Each of these cities had its pastures around it. This was the case for all these cities.

Summary of the conquest

43 The LORD gave to Israel all the land he had pledged to give to their ancestors. They took it over and settled there.

44 The LORD gave them rest from surrounding danger, exactly as he had pledged to their ancestors. Not one of all their enemies held out against them. The LORD gave all their enemies into their power.
45 Not one of all the good things that the LORD had promised to the house of Israel failed. Every promise was fulfilled. ~ Joshua 21 - CEB Bible - The heads of the levitical families approached...

Well without going into scores of promises , I will list just one:

Jeremiah 31:31-37 King James Version (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

Teh covenant has been made- just not executed yet!

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The way the Greek Orthodox expresses God's saving work on the cross has been the most profound to me - it also demonstrates there's been ONE plan since the beginning. This is called the Victory of Christ:

resurrection2007.jpg

Some key features:

• Christ’s cape/robe is flowing upward, this symbolizes his radical descent into Hades to save those who have died in the flesh.
  • The golden bars by his feet are the gates of Hades, which he has broken and torn apart. There are keys floating in the abyss below, which symbolizes that he has entered and conquered both death and Hades.
  • You may also note the skeletal figure who is chained up: that is Death and/or Satan. He has been bound and killed by Christ, which is why all throughout Pascha we sing “Christ has trampled down death by death.” The icon depicts Hebrews 2:14, “that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil.” The power of the devil and death have been destroyed through the life-giving death of our Savior.
  • The two figures whom Christ has grasped and is pulling from tombs are Adam and Eve, symbolizing that his victory redeems all mankind, even back to the beginning. It also foreshadows the general resurrection of the body before the Final Judgment.
  • To the left, we see three characters: David and Solomon, two of his ancestors according to his fleshly nature. We also see, closest to him, John the Baptizer, who was his forerunner in both life and death.
  • The figures on the right vary from icon to icon, but usually represent Old Testament prophets and saints such as Moses, Able as a shepherd, and the three youths who were thrown into the fiery furnace (Daniel 3). ~ Christ’s Descent into Hades – icon explanation

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.