Did the event of 1948 Israel fulfill any Bible prophecy?

Did event of Israel 1948 fulfill any Bible prophecy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
jgr said:
John disagrees.
Revelation 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
"Shortly come to pass" was written before John entered the Spirit on the Lord's Day (v. 10). It is thus relative to the time at which John wrote it. He had not yet entered the Spirit.

Nor after John entered the Spirit did he suggest or imply that he was "projected into the future". Rather, he began to witness what he had been told would "shortly come to pass".

Dispensational-style extreme indeterminate futurization is neither chronologically, nor logically, tenable.
LittleLambofJesus said:
Both in Swiftness and the time was Nigh.............

"THE TIME IS NIGH AT HAND" AND "COMING IN SWIFTNESS" REVELATION PROPHECY
OldWiseGuy said:
Do you believe that Christ has returned?
LittleLambofJesus said:
Why not just give your view of my post.

FWIW, I am Amill/Partial Preterist

Amillennialism Safe House

The Partial Preterist Believers Safe House
OldWiseGuy said:
Regarding your post; sure these prophetic events did occur, but not in their end time fullness.
parousia70 said:
What you are espousing here is preterism.
Only preterists believe what you have just said.
OldWiseGuy said:
Don't Preterists believe that all prophecies have been fulfilled?
Full preterists believe all eschatology is fulfilled.
Partial preterists, (or classical, orthodox preterists) on the other hand espouse exactly what you have espoused.
Congratulations. You are a preterist.
^_^ :ebil:
This is a nonsense statement.
Believing in provable historical facts does not make one a preterist.
It is when people believe in fulfilments that cannot be shown to have happened, that preterism shows its error. I see Preterism as a shameful avoidance of probable future difficulties. They simply can't see how the great Plan of God for His people will unfold for their eventual good.
I see fantasy futurists as a deplorable denial of proven past fulfillments. It simply can't see how the great Plan of God for His people has unfolded for their good and His glory in the completed accomplishments of His Son at Calvary.

Daniel 9:24; Matthew 5:17,18; Mark 1:15; Luke 24:44; Acts 3:18; Acts 13:22,27,29,33
I guarantee you, if the Jews would read the Olivet Discourse and Revelation, they would become Preterists and quit waiting on their own future Messiah to come........

Daniel 11:33
And ones being intelligent<7919> of people they shall cause to understand to many-ones,
and they stumble<3782> in sword, and in blaze<3852>, in captivity<7628> and in plunder days<3117>
[Sword and captive/captivity are mentioned together in only 2 verses of the NT:]

Preterists......please visit this thread:

Captivity and sword Luke 21:24 Revelation 13:10

Jeremiah 15:2
“And it shall be, if they say to you, ‘Where should we go?' then you shall tell them, ‘Thus says the LORD:
“Such as are for death, to death;
And such as are for the sword, to the sword;
And such as are for the famine, to the famine;
And such as are for the captivity, to the captivity.” '

Luke 21:
23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
For there will be Great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Deuteronomy 28:68/Reve 11:2/13:10]

Revelation 13:10
If any to-captivity into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed.
Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
The Destruction of Jerusalem

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover................

Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive. The Jews, for of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen. In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal ; and had actually eaten one half thereof, when the soldiers, allured by tile smell of food, threatened her with instant death if she refused to discover it. 'Intimidated by this menace, she immediately produced the remains of her son, which petrified them with horror.

Of the Jews destroyed during the siege, Josephus reckons not less than ONE MILLION AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND, .................
Of the captives the whole was about NINETY-SEVEN THOUSAND.

........the tallest and most beautiful youths, together with several of the Jewish nobles were reserved by Titus to grace his triumphal entry into Rome.
After this selection, all above the age of seventeen were sent in chains into Egypt, to be employed there as slaves,
or distributed throughout the empire to be sacrificed as gladiators in the amphitheatres ;
whilst those who were under this age, were exposed to sale.[Deuteronomy 28:68]

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But not for all?

Where has He told us that His grace alone is not sufficient for all of us?

Here's what Paul said earlier in 2 Corinthians:

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Is that merely "sufficient for some"?

You're making my case.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Full preterists believe all eschatology is fulfilled.

Partial preterists, (or classical, orthodox preterists) on the other hand espouse exactly what you have espoused.

Congratulations.
You are a preterist.

Thanks. I'll add that distinction to my ever growing list of accomplishments. :D

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When's the 1st one?

1 Corinthians 15:22-23

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I’ll do so AGAIN.

Do you believe John was correct in believing and teaching this, or do you assert John believed and taught this in error, that he was wrong?

What does history reveal?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In post #630, You didn't provide any evidence. there was not even one supporting quotation of LLOJ's to substantiate your claim, that LLOJ had violated forum rules.

From Post #630, this is a question, as it ends with a question mark:

Now, From #630, this not a question, as did doesn't end with a question mark. This is an accusation, which by definition, is a claim that someone did something wrong:

Additionally, the above quote of yours from post #630 is not evidence, it is an accusation that LLOJ violated forum rules based on your misunderstanding of partial preterism.

Why so serious about this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I see fantasy futuritis as a deplorable denial of proven past fulfillments
Please tell us when the cosmic events of Isaiah 30:26-30, Isaiah 34:4, Isaiah 13:13, Revelation 6:12-14, +, happened.
As well as the judgment/punishments of the Seven Trumpets and Seven Bowls.

We know you can't, as they plainly have not occurred yet. You are basically discounting scripture to say they have.

• Agree
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Scripture is making mine.

James 2:16
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled (with God's grace); notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Parenthesis mine.

Combine this scripture with the last part of yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a nonsense statement. Believing in provable historical facts does not make one a preterist.

It does when that provable historical fact is the fulfillment of an eschatological prophecy, Which, if you would have been actually following the conversation, you would’ve seen that our friend old wiseguy did indeed affirm his belief in the first century “partial” fulfillment of some eschatological prophesies, while he awaits a greater fulfillment of them in the future.

This is classic partial preterism. It is nonsense to claim otherwise.

It is when people believe in fulfilments that cannot be shown to have happened, that preterism shows its error.

Still waiting for you to show how the events of 2 Samuel 22 “happened”, Even though you believe that stands as fulfilled...

Perhaps you have granted yourself special exemption from your own rule?

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please tell us when the cosmic events of Isaiah 30:26-30, Isaiah 34:4, Isaiah 13:13, Revelation 6:12-14, +, happened.

We know you can't, as they plainly have not occurred yet. You are basically discounting scripture to say they have.
As well as the Seven Seals.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When has the mark of the beast ever been implemented in regards to the future prophecy??

What do you believe scripture teaches that the mark of the beast is exactly?
A microchip? A tattoo? An etching? What?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James 2:16
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled (with God's grace); notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Parenthesis mine.

Combine this scripture with the last part of yours.

What does James claim is the substitute for grace?

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Isaiah 30
30 And the Lord shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.
31 For through the voice of the Lord shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.