Did the event of 1948 Israel fulfill any Bible prophecy?

Did event of Israel 1948 fulfill any Bible prophecy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Those are the blessings of grace, not race.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you are espousing here is preterism.

Only preterists believe what you have just said.

Don't Preterists believe that all prophecies have been fulfilled?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have stated the apostles believed and taught something you personally believe they were wrong about.

That's your own conundrum to sort out, but I am fascinated how you can simultaneously hold the position that the apostles taught both error and truth.

Maybe someday you'll share how you reconcile this.

Point out exactly what I stated and I'll address it. Thanks.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Try the YLT:

19 `Write the things that thou hast seen, and the things that are, and the things that are about to come after these things;

"abut to come" is not indefinite, indeterminate, nor can it be stretched into 2 millennia and counting....

So everything that John saw has taken place?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And your point is?
In it's beginnings, Christianity was Jesus and His 12 apostles. A minority view for certain.

We're talking about millions, not a dozen.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those are the blessings of grace, not race.

They are blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, are far beyond sufficient for me.

They are blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, are far beyond sufficient for every true child of God.

Why are they blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, not far beyond sufficient for you?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, are far beyond sufficient for me.

They are blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, are far beyond sufficient for every true child of God.

Why are they blessings that, by themselves with the need for no others, not far beyond sufficient for you?

I'm enjoying both. :bow: John wished that we "prosper and be in health". I see nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm enjoying both. :bow: John wished that we "prosper and be in health". I see nothing wrong with that.

Multitudes of God's children are not prosperous and in health, yet God's spiritual blessings are far beyond sufficient for them.

Why not for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Multitudes of God's children are not prosperous and in health, yet God's spiritual blessings are far beyond sufficient for them.

Why not for you?

Why would anyone want to remain sick and impoverished? God, speaking through Paul, said to be content (spiritually) in one's present state, but didn't say to remain in that state. If God blesses a nation with prosperity shouldn't his people living there enjoy the blessings as well? God instructs us to work, so that we will have to give to those in need, but "if the blind lead the blind..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone want to remain sick and impoverished? God, speaking through Paul, said to be content (spiritually) in one's present state, but didn't say to remain in that state. If God blesses a nation with prosperity shouldn't his people living there enjoy the blessings as well? God instructs us to work, so that we will have to give to those in need, but "if the blind lead the blind..."

God speaking through Paul:

2 Corinthians 12
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No mention of birthright or race for sufficiency.

Only grace.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God speaking through Paul:

2 Corinthians 12
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No mention of birthright or race for sufficiency.

Only grace.

Paul was speaking of a particular infirmity, which God declined to heal.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you a full Preterist? So far you have expressed only full Preterist opinions, which is a violation.

Are you sure you're not a full Preterist pretending to be a partial Preterist so you can safely post on these forums?

Oh yeah that's no secret to many of us on this forum. It's only to the moderators he's hidden under their radar.

That's loony. How can there even be full Preterism?

To the question. Do you believe Christ has already returned?

As stated in the Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose, partial preterism is allowed. And partial preterism, as stated in the Eschatology forum statement of purpose, can hold the belief that Christ came in judgement in 70ad.

Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As stated in the Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose, partial preterism is allowed. And partial preterism, as stated in the Eschatology forum statement of purpose, can hold the belief that Christ came in judgement in 70ad.

Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero.

Interesting. So we can safely assume that the Holocaust was The Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. So we can safely assume that the Holocaust was The Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ as well?
No. That's not a "safe" assumption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What about Generalplan ost? What about Holodomor? What about the Nazi genocide of the polish people? I believe this style of argument is known as whataboutism.

Let's stick to what I mentioned: judgment coming of Christ IN 70AD, in regards to what is allowed to be posted in the eschatology forums in regards to preterism.

the partial preterist is allowed to hold the position, and post on such position in the eschatology forum, that the olivet discourse associates the wrath on the Jews with the great tribulation at the destruction of the temple with the judgment coming of Christ in 70ad

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No. That's not a "safe" assumption.

As horrendous as the siege of Jerusalem was in 70 AD it pales compared to the slaughter of six million Jews. It should be noted as well that the Jews were under the judgment of God way before 70 AD, and that judgment continues to this day.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about Generalplan ost? What about Holodomor? What about the Nazi genocide of the polish people? I believe this style of argument is known as whataboutism.

Let's stick to what I mentioned: judgment coming of Christ IN 70AD, in regards to what is allowed to be posted in the eschatology forums in regards to preterism.

the partial preterist is allowed to hold the position, and post on such position in the eschatology forum, that the olivet discourse associates the wrath on the Jews with the great tribulation at the destruction of the temple with the judgment coming of Christ in 70ad

The fall of Jerusalem was just one in a continuing series of judgments against the Jews, judgments that were declared even while they were captives in Babylon. The prophecies in Revelation, and Matthew 24 are dual, predicting soon to be events as well as end time events.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

OldWiseGuy said:

The fall of Jerusalem was just one in a continuing series of judgments against the Jews, judgments that were declared even while they were captives in Babylon. The prophecies in Revelation, and Matthew 24 are dual, predicting soon to be events as well as end time events.
The holocaust could have been "A judgement" on the Jews, but not "THE" judgement shown in the 70ad Olivet Discourse and Revelation. They were in different cities of Nazi occupied Germany.

Revelation concerns one Great City of which the Jews are told to flee.......1st century Jerusalem/Judea.. Study your Bible more..

Isaiah 61:2
To proclaim the year of the good pleasure of Yahweh,
And the day of vengeance<5359> of our 'Elohiym, To comfort all mourners.

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized

Luke 21:21
then those in the Judea, let them be fleeing
into the mountains;
and those in midst of Her, let them be coming out to country;
and those in the countries placed, let them not come be entering into Her
22 That days of vengeance these are, of the to be fulfilled<4130> all the having been written 23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great Distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.

Revelation 18:4
And I hear another Voice out of the heaven saying "come forth! out of Her My people......................
======================================
Jeremiah 19:
2 “And go out to the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the Potsherd Gate; and proclaim there the words that I will tell you,
6 “therefore behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “that this place shall no more be called Tophet or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. [LOOK AT MAP BELOW]

Isa 30:25
There will be on every high mountain And on every high hill
Rivers and streams of waters,
In the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. [Towers of Herod's Temple]

James was writing to the Jews........

James 5:
5 ye luxuriate upon the land and ye squander, ye nourish the hearts of ye, in Day of-Slaughter;
8 be ye patient! also stand-fast the hearts of ye, that the Parousia <3952> of the Lord has-neared/hggiken <1448>;
===================================
Jeremiah 19:

2 “And go out to the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the Potsherd Gate; and proclaim there the words that I will tell you,
6 “therefore behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “that this place shall no more be called Tophet or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.

Titus sieges Jerusalem on Feast of Passover/Destroyer in Revelation

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

304807_fe76ada45ae387c4178052fe52f3f292.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.