• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Did that guy made an accidental promise?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A guy is getting tired doing an ocd compulsions that is copypasting a reddit post, in this forum.

He is tired and automatically, a part of him, knows that when he gets tired about a compulsion, some words without his will about a new promise to God will pop up in his head. the words without his will, will be about making a promise to God not to copypaste anymore. because that is his tiring compulsion.

He can use the fake promise to God as an excuse to his ocd for not doing the tiring compulsion, in order to leave him alone.

He has told God that sometimes he may play with his ocd thoughts just to feel relieved. they are still thoughts without his will.

So, a part of that guy, waits for the thoughts without his will to come to his head that will relieve him. sometimes, it may seem as if, a part of the guy, on purpose, allows or forces the thoughts without his will to pop up. does that count as he is doing them with his will?

probably, the words without his will popped up and the guy felt so relieved. he could stop copypasting and use the excuse to his ocd, that he may have made a promise to God.

he knows they are without his will, but instead of ignoring them, he may act as if the words that popped up are maybe valid and that he should do what they say. since they say that he should stop copypasting, which is something that he wants, he just does what the thoughts without his will say.

He cant remember. the only thing he remembers is him in the forum, and saying stuff like " I should not have allowed these thoughts without my will to pop up in my head" he cant remember why he allowed them. probably, it was an uncontrollable part of him, that allowed the thoughts. or they were probably, just thoughts without his will. he cant remember. everything happened so fast. maybe 1-2 seconds. he cant even remember what words without his will were popped up in his head.

one day, he wanted to say no to some of his ocd compulsions. so he copypasted on purpose a post. he could not remember if the words were really without his will or not. the whole "no copypasting thing" he cant remember it. he cant remember if the words popped up without his will or if a part of him, uncontrollably, allowed the thoughts without his will to pop up.

the only thing he remembers, is him saying to himself stuff like that he should stop copypasting because he may have made a valid promise to God.

By copypasting on purpose, did that guy broke a valid promise to God or not? Did he did good by copypasting just to say no to his ocd? how can he be sure that it was really ocd and not a real promise? he has fallen in the same trap many times. why he just does not ignore the thoughts since he knows that if he plays with them, he will get bigger worries? he has told God that no matter how much he plays with his ocd, he does it because he can't control himself. does that count as they are without his will? he has told God to protect Him from these thoughts and promises and ocd. no matter how much or what he thinks or says or relieves himself. there is a chance that a part of him, for a second, probably uncontrollably, allowes or forces the words without his will to pop up in his head. and instead of ignoring them, he acts as if they are maybe valid. does that make them valid? why he cant remember about the copypasting case?

Sy89ian

Nov 27, 2019
Melbourne
✟15,515.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to suffer from OCD and in the process of healing, I must say that I am thankful that I had several friends and family members to help me. But, I often find that the solutions or the advice that people give me do not really fit my needs. I realized I had difficulties in conveying my thoughts and that is when I began to seek for help on my own. I had no money for counseling but what I did instead was to look for advice online. The best part is they do not tell you what to do but you figure out how to help yourself. This video was particularly helpful

Upvote 0