Did Satan retain his Physical Beauty after sinning?

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
arent demons fallen angels?

Could be but I have heard people describe them as different creatures so depends on a person's understanding of them so it's easier just to use angels as the example.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He is described as being infinite in power and knowledge and lifespan. But I don't see any biblically provided reason to conclude that his body doesn't have limits. In fact, he is described as having a location-heaven. Others might disagree and quote scriptures that mention him as being everywhere or being omnipresent. But I understand that as meaning that he is capable of being aware of all that occurs in his creation. I do not imagine God inhabiting every nook and cranny of his material universe. That would place him personally in some very nasty places indeed such as the bottom of festering latrines and places where gross violations of his laws are occurring. He is descriobed as being located in heaven ad that's were I imagine him to be.

Psalm 103:19
The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which are in heaven, …

Psalm 123:1 To you lift I up my eyes, O you that dwell in the heavens.

Isaiah 66:1
This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Matthew 5:34,35 But I say to you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne…

What about the thread where it was mentioned that the laws of nature are different in another dimension and that Heaven could be infinite because of it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What about the thread where it was mentioned that the laws of nature are different in another dimension and that Heaven could be infinite because of it?

Something of infinite size whether it be infinitely small or infinitely large cannot be observed in its totality-correct? If we had an infinitely powerful microscope and we finally focus on something infinitely small then it would no longer be infinite because it is observable. If our universe is infinite and God can see it in its entirety then it is no longer indefinite is it?

So in order for us to imagine that something is infinitely small or large we would need to deny God the power to see it in its totality because seeing it would mean that it isn't infinite at all but has definite boundaries which are observable providing we have enough power to observe. That applies in reference to our material universe.
How exactly such a limitation could be violated or work in some other hypothetical dimension such as heaven I have absolutely no idea. If indeed God's heaven is infinite then he would not be able to observe it in its entirety. That principle seems to be pretty stable regardless of dimensional differences.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something of infinite size whether it be infinitely small or infinitely large cannot be observed in its totality-correct? If we had an infinitely powerful microscope and we finally focus on something infinitely small then it would no longer be infinite because it is observable. If our universe is infinite and God can see it in its entirety then it is no longer indefinite is it?

So in order for us to imagine that something is infinitely small or large we would need to deny God the power to see it in its totality because seeing it would mean that it isn't infinite at all but has definite boundaries which are observable providing we have enough power to observe. That applies in reference to our material universe.
How exactly such a limitation could be violated or work in some other hypothetical dimension such as heaven I have absolutely no idea. If indeed God's heaven is infinite then he would not be able to observe it in its entirety. That principle seems to be pretty stable regardless of dimensional differences.

God has seen the infinite future, and eternity is real. If heaven is infinite, is there some sort of wall?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Did Satan retain his Physical Beauty after sinning?

The answer is quite simple: Scripture doesn't say.

But we can look at passages such as II Corinthians 11:14 for help in answering the question: "No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

There are two possibilities that we can draw from the above passage. Either it's easy for Satan to disguise himself as an angel of light because all angels look the same (angelic), and so if Satan chooses to appear to someone in his "natural" angelic form then there's no reason why we wouldn't think he was a "good" angel.

Or, as Satan is by nature a spiritual being and not flesh and blood, he has the capacity to temporarily appear as any physical form he likes.

I suspect the first option is the right one, though the second one may also be an option. There's nothing in Scripture about Satan or any of the angel's losing their created appearance when they disobeyed God.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Apostle Paul tells us that spirit beings have bodies.

1 Cor 15: 44
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

I read an article online where it stated angels are spiritual beings and do not have matter and therefore don't have bodies or wings.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn't speak of demons. Yes, angels look like "people". Fallen angels also look this way.
That's true only to the extent that the few who have appeared to men have taken on human form. This doesn't mean for a minute that that is their natural state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's true only to the extent that the few who have appeared to men have taken on human form. This doesn't mean for a minute that that is their natural state.

What about in Daniel where he saw an angel-do you think that wasn't their natural state?

Upvote 0