Did Satan retain his Physical Beauty after sinning?

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The book of Ezekiel describes the angel Lucifer as beautiful. Yet he is depicted traditionally as hideous. Did he indeed lose his physical beauty after sin? If indeed so, what scriptural evidence can you provide to support that concept?

Last edited:

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think that fallen angels can and are confused with the angels of God, so I think that they can take on the type of characteristics that they want to be seen as. Satan worshipers say they see demons as looking vile and evil.

God's Word also talks about those who are wolves in sheep clothing, that want to be seen as sheep so they can then get close to the real sheep.

Those are my thoughts off the top of my head, but others probably have more scripture to add.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that fallen angels can and are confused with the angels of God, so I think that they can take on the type of characteristics that they want to be seen as. Satan worshipers say they see demons as looking vile and evil.

God's Word also talks about those who are wolves in sheep clothing, that want to be seen as sheep so they can then get close to the real sheep.

Those are my thoughts off the top of my head, but others probably have more scripture to add.
Yes, but I am not referring to masquerading.
I am referring to the natural way they always might appear to one another and to other angels while they are in the spirit realm.

So Lucifer when he became Satan was divested of his physical beauty?
Not that it matters to our salvation. But just curious since he and his cronies are depicted as intimidating monsters.

One thing is for sure, when they materialized in order to mate with Earth women during Noah's day they must have assumed very handsomely attractive male forms. So if indeed they are monstrous in the spirit realm that did not prevent that particular masquerade.

Genesis 6:1–4 (ESV)

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but I am not referring to masquerading.
I am referring to the natural way they always might appear to one another and to other angels while they are in the spirit realm.

So Lucifer when he became Satan was divested of his physical beauty?
Not that it matters to our salvation. But just curious since he and his cronies are depicted as intimidating monsters.

One thing is for sure, when they materialized in order to mate with Earth women during Noah's day they must have assumed very handsomely attractive male forms. So if indeed they are monstrous in the spirit realm that did not prevent that particular masquerade.

Genesis 6:1–4 (ESV)

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
That's a good point.

I'm not sure that you are going to find the answer in the Bible to your question. And if it is not in the Bible it would just be opinion.

But I think your verse above shows that at least to mankind they can show themselves with some kind of beauty.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's a good point.

I'm not sure that you are going to find the answer in the Bible to your question. And if it is not in the Bible it would just be opinion.

But I think your verse above shows that at least to mankind they can show themselves with some kind of beauty.
Well, to the females of our species to get them in bed they did go of their way perhaps to look appealing.
However, please notice that when possessing people they behave as if sadistically insane. Even to the point of requesting being allowed to get into pigs in order to experience the pleasures of possession. I recently had an encounter that seems to be relevant to this issue. It is about this very pretty woman who suddenly seemed ugly via the use of her facial expressions which were temporarily full of vicious unjustifiable suspicion and murderous hatred. There was an ugly snarl on her lips which revealed her teeth in a way that resembled a dog about to bite. Her eyes shifted in a malicious semi-predatory way as if a vulture desperately seeking carrion. Her narrow shoulders were hunched in a feline manner that resembled a feral cat's.

It appeared as a complete transformation which had NOTHING to do with her physical nature but with what was going on in her mind which influenced the way she projected herself.

Since the Devil and fallen angels harbor such thoughts all the time-then one is justified in concluding they they also project such a negative aspect to those who can see them in their natural state in the spirit realm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The book of Ezekiel describes the angel Lucifer as beautiful. Yet he is depicted traditionally as hideous. Did he indeed lose his physical beauty after sin? If indeed so, what scriptural evidence can you provide to support that concept?

Revelation 12.

Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that a rhetorical question?
Yes because it very well might be an indirect reference to his loss of beauty. I always understood it as totally symbolical. But you have introduced a new possibility which must be given serious consideration.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some ideas:

Satan is a spirit. He doesn't have a physical body. A vision of him would show him as whatever the vision-giver wanted.

Physical beauty of a wicked being requires not knowing what the person is like, otherwise they would be ugly. Since spirits know what other spirits are like, they would be ugly to all other spirits. (spirits have spiritual perception!)

If Satan took on a physical form, it would look like whatever he wanted, but someone with spiritual discernment and the help of the Holy Spirit would perceive ugliness. Others would have to be deceived and blinded from the truth to see him as beautiful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some ideas:

Satan is a spirit. He doesn't have a physical body. A vision of him would show him as whatever the vision-giver wanted.

Physical beauty of a wicked being requires not knowing what the person is like, otherwise they would be ugly. Since spirits know what other spirits are like, they would be ugly to all other spirits. (spirits have spiritual perception!)

If Satan took on a physical form, it would look like whatever he wanted, but someone with spiritual discernment and the help of the Holy Spirit would perceive ugliness. Others would have to be deceived and blinded from the truth to see him as beautiful.

That's like saying Michael or Jesus doesn't have a true form/appearance because they are spirit beings.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's like saying Michael or Jesus doesn't have a true form/appearance because they are spirit beings.
Jesus acquired a physical form. Otherwise, you are correct. I think Michael can appear to us however he wants.

• Agree
Reactions: Jared R
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Angels are purely spiritual beings, not physical ones... How can something evil also be beautiful?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Angels are purely spiritual beings, not physical ones... How can something evil also be beautiful?

Being a purely spiritual creation does prevent him from being described as beautiful in Ezekiel. Beauty isn't reserved for the material universe. Beauty is also part the heavenly realm. God's angels are described as morning stars. Stars are beautiful. Neither does being evil prevent a creature from retaining physical form beauty. Example? There are humans who are evil of character but beautiful of form. They are not mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think Michael has a true form and appearance?
The Apostle Paul tells us that spirit beings have bodies.

1 Cor 15: 44
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Satan can attract unbelievers very very easily. He is the most beautiful being created by God before human.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being a purely spiritual creation does prevent him from being described as beautiful in Ezekiel. Beauty isn't reserved for the material universe. Beauty is also part the heavenly realm. God's angels are described as morning stars. Stars are beautiful. Neither does being evil prevent a creature from retaining physical form beauty. Example? There are humans who are evil of character but beautiful of form. They are not mutually exclusive.

I knew a very nice girl once who wasn't perceived as physically attractive, but was beautiful because she was kind hearted. Her personality made her beautiful.

• Agree
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0