Did President Trump fulfill Prophecy of Ezekiel?

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I saw the flags of Israel and the USA flying together Wednesday it reminded me of the two sticks being brought together in Ezekiel 37. The final prophecies were obviously not fulfilled there, but I thought it to be a meaningful sign that we are in the latter days. I made a post about it on the "end times forum" and being a Christian Jew myself, I would be interested in your opinions, if you care to give them. Thanks. James.

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I saw the flags of Israel and the USA flying together Wednesday it reminded me of the two sticks being brought together in Ezekiel 37. The final prophecies were obviously not fulfilled there, but I thought it to be a meaningful sign that we are in the latter days. I made a post about it on the "end times forum" and being a Christian Jew myself, I would be interested in your opinions, if you care to give them. Thanks. James.

My opinion is that we have no clue as to when the latter times will be. The bible tells us that even Jesus has no knowledge as to when the end will be and therefore no "signs" as to even a hint when the end will be.

In this case, it is best to follow what scripture reads,

Matthew 24
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Jesus describes here that first, He doesn't have a clue when the end will be. Second, no signs are even given as to even hint to us of an end day. Third, because we have no signs, and even Jesus Himself doesn't have a clue, the end is described in a way that is spontaneous, sudden, without foreknowledge, no warning.

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Actually, everything that falls out unto us is a fulfillment of prophecy, it is a matter of properly recognizing and aligning Worldly events with Heavenly events, for as it is above, so it is below, in that, whatsoever we bind (or release) here on earth shall be bound (or released) in Heaven.

The Ezekiel 37 prophecy pertains unto the making of two men One new Man, and making two kingdoms One new Kingdom.

The Stick of Apʰréyîm (Yowsepʰ) is the Birthright of Israel, today he is recognized as Portugal, Manasseh (Spain) is his older twin brother, these two were born unto Yowsepʰ in Egypt, and David represents the Stick of Yéhûʷdah;

Subsequently, Sephardic Spain and Portugal (and the assorted Latin tribes represent the Lost Sheep of Israe| to whom the Apostles were strictly Sent, by faith, they represent Christianity, as David signifies the Jews of Judaism.

Your Faith as a Jewish Christian is indicative of the prophecy fulfillment of Ezekiel 37 than an event involving America and Israel.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why? Do you see the US in the Bible?

A Disciple of Yésʰûʷəʰ recognizes a Tree by the Fruit it bears.

According to Daniel 2 Babylon is the Nation that Exercises World Domination, and is depicted by a Statue where the head is represented by the Chaldea (Kʰeldi-Celtic), whose empire is overthrown by the Persians and Medes, whose empire is overthrown by the Macedonian (Greeks), and Romans who are finally replaced by a Nation that is comprised of every seed of man mingled together, yet the prophecy declares they shall not remain United;

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My opinion is that we have no clue as to when the latter times will be. The bible tells us that even Jesus has no knowledge as to when the end will be and therefore no "signs" as to even a hint when the end will be.

Matthew 24
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Jesus describes here that first, He doesn't have a clue when the end will be. Second, no signs are even given as to even hint to us of an end day. Third, because we have no signs, and even Jesus Himself doesn't have a clue, the end is described in a way that is spontaneous, sudden, without foreknowledge, no warning.

Perhaps it is just a matter of your comprehension skills, for when Y'shua said, No sign will be given but the Sign of Jonah, he was providing the story of Jonah as the Only Clue, and Hint that IS Given unto the Adulterous and Wicked folk in the World.

Then again, perhaps it is a simple matter of Knowledge and Faith, for Unto us a Child is born, and unto us a Son is given (Isaiah 9:6), for heaven has declared, that We (collectively) are Elohéyîm;

"Yésʰûʷəʰ answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, You are Elohéyîm?
If he called them Elohéyîm, unto whom the Word of Elohéyîm came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Say you of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of Elohéyîm?" [John 10:34-36]

Elohéyîm is his Father, and he is calling us Elohéyîm, as the prophet Isaiah indicated, he is Our Son, thus a Believer is able to Ascertain and Declare both the Day and Hour, but a Worldly person who does not Trust and Rely on Yéshûʷəʰ/The Word of Elohéyîm, they are Adulterous and Wicked.

Yésʰûʷəʰ called them Hypocrites because they could forecast the weather but not discern the signs of the times.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 24

Scripture does give us signs: In Matthew and Luke Yeshua said he will return when Israel can say baruch haba baShem Adonai. Revelation tells that there will be two witnesses laying, dead, on the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days. These are tangible signs that must occur on or before the end time. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

The two sticks to which you refer represented the future time to those in captivity. Ezekiel, the Priest, writes of the joining together of G_d's chosen people, Judah and Ephraim and the Israelites with them, under one king - the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. See Isaiah in the earlier prophecies he gave about the future times when the Lion shall lie down with the Lamb. The same metaphor is applied in the one King, the Shepherd of the sheep - Yeshua haMashiach - in John 10 and the I AM sayings in the Christian Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it is just a matter of your comprehension skills, for when Y'shua said, No sign will be given but the Sign of Jonah, he was providing the story of Jonah as the Only Clue, and Hint that IS Given unto the Adulterous and Wicked folk in the World.

My reading and understanding comprehension is just fine sir. I thank you for the concern.

The bible scripture is more or less written at a 5-10th grade reading level pending on the make (KJV, ASV, ESV, etc) and the colleges I have attended and tested at all say that I have a 96% reading and understanding comprehension. I even understand what you are trying to say here. I believe that I can understand the 5-10th grade style reading level.

The bible is quite straight forward in matters. Some books understandably give people trouble like Revelation, that is smothered with symbolic references pulling from the OT.

Because you have not refuted the scripture I posted yet, and went straight to denouncing my intelligence, please inform me of your opinion on Matthew 24, especially the verses I posted previously.

Thank you in advance.

Then again, perhaps it is a simple matter of Knowledge and Faith, for Unto us a Child is born, and unto us a Son is given (Isaiah 9:6), for heaven has declared, that We (collectively) are Elohéyîm;
"Yésʰûʷəʰ answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, You are Elohéyîm?
If he called them Elohéyîm, unto whom the Word of Elohéyîm came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Say you of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of Elohéyîm?" [John 10:34-36]

No, I understand the bible has said before, "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" in Hosea. So I make sure to study Gods perfect word, the bible.

What it doesn't say, is that we are literally Gods. What it does say, and perhaps you might take someone else's word for it since you think I do not understand, is...

"
VII. Christ's reply to their accusation of him (for such their vindication of themselves was), and his making good those claims which they imputed to him as blasphemous (v. 34, etc.), where he proves himself to be no blasphemer, by two arguments:-
  • 1. By an argument taken from God's word. He appeals to what was written in their law, that is, in the Old Testament; whoever opposes Christ, he is sure to have the scripture on his side. It is written (Ps. 82:6), I have said, You are gods. It is an argument a minore ad majus-from the less to the greater. If they were gods, much more am I. Observe,
    • (1.) How he explains the text (v. 35): He called them gods to whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken. The word of God's commission came to them, appointing them to their offices, as judges, and therefore they are called gods, Ex. 22:28. To some the word of God came immediately, as to Moses; to others in the way of an instituted ordinance. Magistracy is a divine institution; and magistrates are God's delegates, and therefore the scripture calleth them gods; and we are sure that the scripture cannot be broken, or broken in upon, or found fault with. Every word of God is right; the very style and language of scripture are unexceptionable, and not to be corrected, Mt. 5:18.
    • (2.) How he applies it. Thus much in general is easily inferred, that those were very rash and unreasonable who condemned Christ as a blasphemer, only for calling himself the Son of God, when yet they themselves called their rulers so, and therein the scripture warranted them. But the argument goes further (v. 36): If magistrates were called Gods, because they were commissioned to administer justice in the nation, say you of him whom the Father hath sanctified, Thou blasphemest? We have here two things concerning the Lord Jesus:-
      • [1.] The honour done him by the Father, which he justly glories in: He sanctified him, and sent him into the world. Magistrates were called the sons of God, though the word of God only came to them, and the spirit of government came upon them by measure, as upon Saul; but our Lord Jesus was himself the Word, and had the Spirit without measure. They were constituted for a particular country, city, or nation; but he was sent into the world, vested with a universal authority, as Lord of all. They were sent to, as persons at a distance; he was sent forth, as having been from eternity with God. The Father sanctified him, that is, designed him and set him apart to the office of Mediator, and qualified and fitted him for that office. Sanctifying him is the same with sealing him, ch. 6:27. Note, Whom the Father sends he sanctifies; whom he designs for holy purposes he prepares with holy principles and dispositions. The holy God will reward, and therefore will employ, none but such as he finds or makes holy. The Father's sanctifying and sending him is here vouched as a sufficient warrant for his calling himself the Son of God; for because he was a holy thing he was called the Son of God, Lu. 1:35. See Rom. 1:4."
Information found here: Commentary on John 10 by Matthew Henry

Yésʰûʷəʰ called them Hypocrites because they could forecast the weather but not discern the signs of the times.

The sign of the times spoken of here was THEIR time, not ours. They were in a time that was prophesied of Christ.

A truly remarkable time, in which that generation would see those miracles talked about in scripture that we read today.

However, when it refers to the actual end of times, when everything here will cease and we christians are called, there are no signs spoken of that day in scripture. You cannot find one verse that proves such.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The bible is quite straight forward in matters. Some books understandably give people trouble like Revelation, that is smothered with symbolic references pulling from the OT.

Really? It has taken me nearly 40 years of studying the Bible, mostly at a professional level, and there are still parts that are a mystery to us, but you claim have it all fathomed out and straight forward, except Revelation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture does give us signs: In Matthew and Luke Yeshua said he will return when Israel can say baruch haba baShem Adonai. Revelation tells that there will be two witnesses laying, dead, on the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days. These are tangible signs that must occur on or before the end time. :)

I am assuming you are referring to Matthew 24 and Luke 21?

Once I know which specific verses you are referring to, although I am certain I already know, then I will respond accordingly.

As far as Revelation goes, it is a symbolic/code book written for the people of that time. Over 340 times does it allude to the OT and out of the 404 verses in Revelation, it pull directly from the OT about 390 times.

One reason it was in code talk is because Rome was heavily persecuting the christians.

Besides, you are missing some very key elements in Revelation. Allow me to surface them for you please....

Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This verse tells us that God gave John knowledge of things that would "shortly come to pass". Shortly does not mean 2,000 years into the future. Never has meant that in any language and never will.

Revelation means (as one dictionary describes it) = "a surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way."

signified means = "the thing or concept denoted by a sign."

Shortly means = "in a short time; soon."

The Koine Greek definition of these same words:

Revelation = ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, ap-ok-al'-oop-sis; from G601; disclosure:—appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

Shortly come to pass = τάχος táchos, takh'-os; from the same as G5036; a brief space (of time), i.e. (with G1722 prefixed) in haste: quickly, shortly, speedily.

Signified = σημαίνω sēmaínō, say-mah'-ee-no; from σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate:—signify, to give a sign, to signify, indicate

Rev. 1:3 = Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Key words here: "for the time is at hand"

Never, in all the history, does this mean 2,000 years into the future. I would like anyone to find me were "time is at hand" means such a thing.

Rev. 22:6 = And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Rev. 22:10 = And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev. 1:9 = I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John is "brother and companion" in that tribulation that has already happened, that you seem to think has not.

Also, the kingdom of our Lord and Savior has already been here since that day on Pentecost in Acts 2.

Mark 9:1, for example, tells us that those of THAT generation will not perish til they see the Kingdom come.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? It has taken me nearly 40 years of studying the Bible, mostly at a professional level, and there are still parts that are a mystery to us, but you claim have it all fathomed out and straight forward, except Revelation?

In this matter we are discussing, yes. If you refer to my very first post of Matthew 24.

We know from the OT, God sent the flood right?

We know in Matt 24 starting at verse 36 and following, what Jesus is talking about now right?

We now understand with our "professional" level of understanding verses like 39, when it says, "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. "

That is pretty straight forward my friend, no matter how you wish to cut it.

Edit: Also, no one is a pro as we are always learning the scripture. Maybe you know more of whats in it than others, but you are no pro.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am assuming you are referring to Matthew 24 and Luke 21?

Once I know which specific verses you are referring to, although I am certain I already know, then I will respond accordingly.

As far as Revelation goes, it is a symbolic/code book written for the people of that time. Over 340 times does it allude to the OT and out of the 404 verses in Revelation, it pull directly from the OT about 390 times.

One reason it was in code talk is because Rome was heavily persecuting the christians.

Besides, you are missing some very key elements in Revelation. Allow me to surface them for you please....

Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This verse tells us that God gave John knowledge of things that would "shortly come to pass". Shortly does not mean 2,000 years into the future. Never has meant that in any language and never will.

Revelation means (as one dictionary describes it) = "a surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way."

signified means = "the thing or concept denoted by a sign."

Shortly means = "in a short time; soon."

The Koine Greek definition of these same words:

Revelation = ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, ap-ok-al'-oop-sis; from G601; disclosure:—appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

Shortly come to pass = τάχος táchos, takh'-os; from the same as G5036; a brief space (of time), i.e. (with G1722 prefixed) in haste: quickly, shortly, speedily.

Signified = σημαίνω sēmaínō, say-mah'-ee-no; from σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate:—signify, to give a sign, to signify, indicate

Rev. 1:3 = Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Key words here: "for the time is at hand"

Never, in all the history, does this mean 2,000 years into the future. I would like anyone to find me were "time is at hand" means such a thing.

Rev. 22:6 = And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Rev. 22:10 = And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev. 1:9 = I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John is "brother and companion" in that tribulation that has already happened, that you seem to think has not.

Also, the kingdom of our Lord and Savior has already been here since that day on Pentecost in Acts 2.

Mark 9:1, for example, tells us that those of THAT generation will not perish til they see the Kingdom come.

Given your opening statement in an earlier post I assume you know the Bible back to front, so I need only tell you the text to which I am referring, as was the tradition in Yeshua's day.

I am confused that you wish to teach me scripture, so making an assumption that I am not able to work it out for myself. Apart from being down right rude it is rather foolish to bait someone you do not know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In this matter we are discussing, yes. If you refer to my very first post of Matthew 24.

We know in Matt 24 starting at verse 36 and following, what Jesus is talking about now right?

We now understand with our "professional" level of understanding verses like 39, when it says, "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. "

Edit: Also, no one is a pro as we are always learning the scripture. Maybe you know more of whats in it than others, but you are no pro.

Please give me your theodicy on America's 9/11disaster... and explain the 'error' in Luke 2:4...and the metaphor used by Yeshua in the account of the lady at the well, as you believe it is all straight forward. Oh, by the way, do not use commentaries.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

The people DID know - the problem was that they did not take heed, if you read the account of the flood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given your opening statement in an earlier post I assume you know the Bible back to front, so I need only tell you the text I m referring, as was the tradition in Yeshua's day.

I am confused that you wish to teach me scripture, so making an assumption that I am not able to work it out for myself. Apart from being down right rude it is rather foolish to bait someone you do not know.

The scriptures also tell me to spread the word of God and to teach others. If one is in error or even doesn't know of God, I am to teach them. I bait no one.

As a matter of fact, to me anyway, this response is more of a deflection. I mean no disrespect toward you and we can end our conversation on this note if you wish not to debate with me scripture.

Please give me your theodicy on America's 9/11disaster... and explain the 'error' in Luke 2:4

I am confused how this relates to the OP.

I am confused as to how 9/11 relates to Luke 2:4.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people DID know - the problem was that they did not take heed, if you read the account of the flood.

So you do not believe verse 39 then. You have just now indirectly told me you think scripture is in error. Or maybe you just didn't understand this part?

Whatever the case, I must go now. I appreciate your time and bid you good day.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Your reading skill left you behind a bit here. I said I had studied the Bible at a professional level. A professional is merely someone who works for themselves without a 'boss' to give them orders. As I am self employed, and have been for 20+ years, yes, I fall into that category of worker, but it was you who made the outlandish claim that the Bible is easy to follow and understand. Please do not charge me with what you, yourself, have claimed for yourself

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The scriptures also tell me to spread the word of God and to teach others. If one is in error or even doesn't know of God, I am to teach them. I bait no one.

As a matter of fact, to me anyway, this response is more of a deflection. I mean no disrespect toward you and we can end our conversation on this note if you wish not to debate with me scripture.

I am confused how this relates to the OP.

I am confused as to how 9/11 relates to Luke 2:4.

It doesn't, and was not meant to, in the same way the woman at the well relates to neither of the other two. I was testing your ability to explain G_d and scripture in relation to your professed knowledge on all matters in the Bible, except Revelation. I can give you alternatives to answer, if you wish.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Disciple of Yésʰûʷəʰ recognizes a Tree by the Fruit it bears.

According to Daniel 2 Babylon is the Nation that Exercises World Domination, and is depicted by a Statue where the head is represented by the Chaldea (Kʰeldi-Celtic), whose empire is overthrown by the Persians and Medes, whose empire is overthrown by the Macedonian (Greeks), and Romans who are finally replaced by a Nation that is comprised of every seed of man mingled together, yet the prophecy declares they shall not remain United;
The legs are iron and represent the Roman Empire. We are in agreement up to this point.

Which exact scripture says that the toes become one nation?

Upvote 0