• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Did New York fail to protect its citizens?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Need answers, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,596
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Are they hoarding them, or are they waiting for when they will need more as this thing peaks?

2. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

+1,979
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    They have no idea. Numbers are out of thin air that's why they range from 17,000 to 40,000. Just like I was told I have an 80% chance of getting this thing (I remember in early march it was at 50%) and being dead by now.

3. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+11,794
    Christian
    Married
    Hoarding is going to happen when higher authority declines to lead. The president rather deliberately set the governors in competition for resources.

4. RDKirk

+11,794
    Christian
    Married
    They're still saying that the public should not use manufactured masks, but home-made masks. They're saying all manufactured masks should go to healthcare workers.

The 3M company is predicting that they should be able to produce a million masks a day by the end of this month. The US workforce requires 50 million masks a day.

5. RDKirk

+11,794
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, and even from what they did say, it should have been obvious that everyone should have been wearing masks.

They said: "Masks help control contagion spread by infectious people."
    They also said: "People may be infectious for two or more weeks without knowing it."
    The lie was: "Don't wear a mask unless you feel sick."
    In fact, everyone should have been wearing masks from the beginning.
    And they certainly must have known that.

6. Need answers

Need answers Well-Known Member

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thats why many gun owners resist any gun control.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+2,084
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    That has already happened.

8. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    But New York previously said they had enough supplies. Guess they were wrong?

9. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No he didnt, he is rationing. New York previously boasted they have enough supplies but now they cry that they dont. Poor leadership on their part. But i forgot this whole mess was Trumps fault, lol, we cant criticize liberal New York.

10. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+2,084
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Further "the experts" that people are treating as if they could do no wrong admitted they lied about face mask. Should we trust these "experts" when they knowingly lied once already

11. RDKirk

+11,794
    Christian
    Married
    Rationing is totally what he is not doing. Rationing would be explicitly identifying how many items would go to whom at what time increments. That certainly did not come out of the White House.

12. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No the problem is you want to criticize Trump but when it comes time to criticize New York then you want to keep blaming Trump more. Your partisan bias is showing.

13. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hes not going to give New York all our national supplies, truth is we are running out. Trump is rationing.

14. RDKirk

+11,794
    Christian
    Married
    Okay, you've never been in a real rationing situation.

15. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,282
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    So you are talking about surgical masks I wasn't I was talking about respirator masks such as the N95.

16. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,282
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    As a voter who has voted for both Democrats and Republicans and in 2018 voted a straight Republican ticket I am not partisan. I call them as I see them. No, I don't like Trump and I didn't vote for him but I didn't vote for Clinton either.

17. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+6,125
    Presbyterian
    Single
    New York started its first serious distancing rules March 16, with NJ. Washington started March 15. You could argue that the whole US should have started sooner, but I don't think NY was behind.

Rules got stricter over the next week.

My reaction at the time was that given what was going on in NY, they should have moved to stricter rules a few days earlier. On the other hand, death rates seem to be stabilizing. Given the delay between onset and death, that makes it look like the actions of May 16 actually had a significant effect.

18. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You are playing with semantics. What i mean is hes not going to give every state exactly what they might need in the future because there are only so many in the stockpile. so for now they only get what they currently need. If that isnt rationing then maybe we could call it sharing?.

19. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Good for you. I happen to like Trump and dont think he should be blamed for every thing. Democrats believe hes evil and blame him for anything it seems., but to me hes just a man with flaws like myself. I believe hes doing a good job in a difficult situation.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  20. Need answers

+715
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So lets hope the doom and gloom isnt a reality.