Did N.C. Republican Candidate Russell Walker Say ‘God Is a Racist and a White Supremacist’?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the republican party disowned russell walker....

however some in America have no fear of God.....
I have heard over and over people say this.....
God gave me the gift of homosexuality...!!!!!

whatever blasphemy is????...this is awfully close.....

I pray for their souls because they are calling God a liar...
as God says homosexuality is an abomination and a perverted sin.......

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the republican party disowned russell walker....
well...the leaders of the Republican Party in his state did, but then again he did get 65% of the Republican votes in the primary he was running in. So while the "leaders" can protest as much as they like the actual Republicans in the area seemed to like him a lot. :sorry:

this thread isn't about that, if that's what you'd like to discuss you should start a thread about it. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well...the leaders of the Republican Party in his state did, but then again he did get 65% of the Republican votes in the primary he was running in. So while the "leaders" can protest as much as they like the actual Republicans in the area seemed to like him a lot. :sorry:
How many Republicans voted? He got only 829 votes. This district is Democratic and voter turnout was low. Guess we'll have to wait for the general election to see how that goes. I'm am curious to see how many people vote for him.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll just leave this here:

Self-described Nazis and white supremacists are running as Republicans across the country.
The Republican base appears to be giving considerable support. Even FOX News is commenting on this.

Nazis and anti-Semites slip through GOP primaries, causing - Fox News

“This is horrific. An avowed Nazi running for Congress,” Cruz tweeted. “To the good people of Illinois, you have two reasonable choices: write in another candidate, or vote for the Democrat. This bigoted fool should receive ZERO votes.”

This was the will of the Republican membership in this area. And it is not the only area Republican membership is making similar choices. And Trump has made public support of this side.
Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟449,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But the Republican membership chose him. Leadership is not reflecting membership and so I suspect new leadership is coming. There is already Trump.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'
That article does not say what you think it says, and Trump certainly did not say the Nazis and White Supremacists were very fine people. Read it. That was a twisted headline.

Words matter. Accuracy matters. Something the mainstream media seems to have forgotten.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That article does not say what you think it says, and Trump certainly did not say the Nazis and White Supremacists were very fine people. Read it. That was a twisted headline.

Words matter. Accuracy matters. Something the mainstream media seems to have forgotten.
I agree with you that the headline was disingenuous.

Do you agree that 'very fine people' protest and rally with white supremacists, KKK, Neo-Nazis, groups that march with torches chanting 'blood and soil' and 'the Jews will not replace us.'

I don't know maybe they would, I can only speak for myself and I know I would not.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟449,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you that the headline was disingenuous.

Do you agree that 'very fine people' protest and rally with white supremacists, KKK, Neo-Nazis, groups that march with torches chanting 'blood and soil' and 'the Jews will not replace us.'

I don't know maybe they would, I can only speak for myself and I know I would not.
I would not either. But would I object to the removal of historical statues? Possibly, if I were a historian.

Trump condemned white supremacists and KKK members in Charlottesville, but he also said that some people who were not extremists were there to voice a legitimate grievance against the removal of the statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee.

Is this true? Some think so:
"Alfred L. Brophy, the Judge John J. Parker distinguished professor of law at UNC Chapel Hill, warns against the rush to rid the country of these tactile reminders of Jim Crow and the codification of white supremacy.

“My initial thought is that removing these monuments leads to forgetting,” says Brophy. “We need to be aware that people in power at that time thought it was appropriate to celebrate slavery and Jim Crow.”

Brophy believes that making these artifacts disappear allows certain people to rewrite history,
whereas, keeping them in place stands as a salient reminder of the times."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/are-removing-confederate-monuments-erasing-history-n750526

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But would I object to the removal of historical statues? Possibly, if I were a historian.
And if your grandparents had been slaves that were sold on the auction block like mere cattle by white landowners, do you think you would feel differently about statues that honor those who fought to keep them slaves?
Trump condemned white supremacists and KKK members in Charlottesville, but he also said that some people who were not extremists were there to voice a legitimate grievance against the removal of the statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
Not the point, would good people march with the bad ones? Good people have a choice to not march with this bunch and put on their own rally.
Brophy believes that making these artifacts disappear allows certain people to rewrite history, whereas, keeping them in place stands as a salient reminder of the times."
That would be great if it were true, they don't want to rewrite history, they are proud of that history. And blacks surely aren't going to want to rewrite it, but they would like to live their lives without daily reminders. To go to the park with their kids without being reminded of the horrors of slavery.
Have you ever forgotten the Crucifixion?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

The leaders of the party seem to have lost control to the Trump forces. Hence an avowed white supremacist may be denounced by the remnant of decent republicans, but he's the darling of the rank and file GOP.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
And if your grandparents had been slaves that were sold on the auction block like mere cattle by white landowners, do you think you would feel differently about statues that honor those who fought to keep them slaves?

Not the point, would good people march with the bad ones? Good people have a choice to not march with this bunch and put on their own rally.

That would be great if it were true, they don't want to rewrite history, they are proud of that history. And blacks surely aren't going to want to rewrite it, but they would like to live their lives without daily reminders. To go to the park with their kids without being reminded of the horrors of slavery.
Have you ever forgotten the Crucifixion?

It doesn't help the statues themselves were part of an orchestrated campaign to create a false history, to make people forget that after the Civil War during Reconstruction, blacks could vote and hold office and that the government was committed to their social equality. Most of the statues were not about reminding people of the past, but about romanticizing an objectively evil past.

Upvote 0