May 15, 2013
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
While I'm not catholic - I'm still figuring things out. I currently go to an Anglican Church. I love the Marian devotions of Catholics. Anyways I finally did the rosary prayer. It was a bit tricky. How do Catholics memorize it all?
If anyone has any resources on the rosary I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
It's really easy.

Crucifix is always the Apostle's Creed. Every large or single bead is an Our Father, every series of beads is the Hail Mary, and then remember the Glory Be and Fatima Prayer after the series of Hail Mary's. Holy Queen and Rosary Prayer at the end. It seems like a lot at first, but it Will become very easy after a few times. The only thing that takes time is remembering all the steps of the mysteries.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I'm not catholic - I'm still figuring things out. I currently go to an Anglican Church. I love the Marian devotions of Catholics. Anyways I finally did the rosary prayer. It was a bit tricky. How do Catholics memorize it all?

It will certainly become 2nd nature. After a week or so, you will also memorize it all. One tip...do not rush through. As you say the prayers, be thoughtful and think about what your prayers are saying. I love the rosary....I pray it almost every day.

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I just responded to this type of question yesterday and I would like to share my response with you in hopes that it may help you out. I know the Rosary can be tricky at first. I will quote myself so you don't have to go and find it. Note, it is more geared towards their response but should still be helpful for you. God Bless and if you need any more help, feel free to PM me!

As for the Rosary, it is quite simple once you memorize the prayers, I will link a video for what I used to memorize and pray the Holy Rosary my first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0HPx2B2JJg

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, I have personally never done, and don't know much about it, however, this may help if you want to try that out, Chaplet of Divine Mercy

I know you said you need your eyes closed, I am the same way to an extent, but when I was just learning these things, I left my eyes open. I would also recommend using a website or booklet to help you when you try and focus on the mysteries. They offer great summaries that help you to focus.

Something else I think may help, is if you have a picture or little statue of Jesus or Mary to look at while saying the Rosary. It would probably help you to focus your mind more on what your doing and bring you closer to God, at least until you can do it with your eyes closed.

You might also use these, where they pray the Rosary and all you have to do is follow along and pray with them. This way you can close your eyes. I compacted them into a Playlist on YouTube, because the post looked crazy when I linked to all the videos individually.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLblmxkkBCJMysKlyg3MyXdqvR3sQRMMF7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I just responded to this type of question yesterday and I would like to share my response with you in hopes that it may help you out. I know the Rosary can be tricky at first. I will quote myself so you don't have to go and find it. Note, it is more geared towards their response but should still be helpful for you. God Bless and if you need any more help, feel free to PM me!

Not sure how it is on the other formats, but on moody sky I can't read that color of text.

Upvote 0

Barelohim

Apr 14, 2015
✟15,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First things first, they say.... In order to call Him Father, one has to be born of Him. As He related to Nicodemus.... One must be born again, in order to even see the Kingdom, and born or water and the Spirit in order to enter the kingdom...

Sincerely IN Christ
Bar-Elohim.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Have you read the scripture where Jesus said, He hated repetitious prayers? Just curious, as to why one would do, what He has said, don't do? Just doesn't make sense......

Sincerely In Christ Jesus
Bar_Elohim

You're in the Catholic forum and can't debate against them in this section, as the congressional forums are a safe haven. With that said, Jesus didn't say that he hates repetitious prayers. He said to not pray in vain repetitions. The key word is vain and there is a difference.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you read the scripture where Jesus said, He hated repetitious prayers? Just curious, as to why one would do, what He has said, don't do? Just doesn't make sense......
Here's an article that explains why Catholics pray the way we do and why it is Scriptural:

Do Catholics Pray "Vain Repetitions?"
You're in the Catholic forum and can't debate against them in this section, as the congressional forums are a safe haven.
I think it's fair to let them give their opinion once or twice.

But then after that it's our turn to fire back our rebuttal. And after that, they should not go on debating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barelohim

Apr 14, 2015
✟15,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're in the Catholic forum and can't debate against them in this section, as the congressional forums are a safe haven. With that said, Jesus didn't say that he hates repetitious prayers. He said to not pray in vain repetitions. The key word is vain and there is a difference.

Uh, would " repetitious " be the point.... for "repetitious", would be vain! Just correct english..

But your debate isn't with me, but with what Jesus meant, by what He said....

I will take this to a forum where these kind of things can be brought to fore.

Thanks
Bar-Elohim.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how it is on the other formats, but on moody sky I can't read that color of text.

That is odd...

Uh Leevo... You do know that Jesus said, not to make any images of anything, in heaven, on earth, or under the earth. Nor worship them, or serve them, or use them as an idol?

Sincerely IN Christ
Bar-Elohim

I don't want to clutter this thread with other topics, however, I am more than happy to discuss this via PM or in another thread, if you like.

Upvote 0

Barelohim

Apr 14, 2015
✟15,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Leevo.

If I knew what PM was, or how to use it, I am always open for discussion, not debate, or arguement.

But I would say, see yourself as THE FATHER, and feel how He would feel when his kids came to Him, every day, day after day, and gave Him a memorized, prayer/praise! How would you feel? Think something must be wrong with the kid?

Sincerely In HIm
Bar-Eloin

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Leevo.

If I knew what PM was, or how to use it, I am always open for discussion, not debate, or arguement.

But I would say, see yourself as THE FATHER, and feel how He would feel when his kids came to Him, every day, day after day, and gave Him a memorized, prayer/praise! How would you feel? Think something must be wrong with the kid?

Sincerely In HIm
Bar-Eloin

PM stands for private message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

Non Catholics are welcome to fellowship with Catholics here, but they cannot debate doctrine, beliefs or practices in this forum. Please stay on topic to the subject of the opening post. If you wish to debate Catholic issues, you may do so in General Theology.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Radicchio

Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
San Clemente, CA
✟591,262.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not Catholic, but I love the Rosary, and especially saying or singing the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I learned the Rosary some years ago when I stumbled on ETWN and started watching Mother Angelica and I soon purchased a CD of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

While I may be repeating words, I hardly consider these vain repetitions. As for me it only gives me a heart of peace and closer to our Lord.

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0