Did Mrs. Marilyn Braxton pray in an especially effective manner?

Can we learn a lot from the way that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton prayed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps..... but this is a rather new method of praying to me???!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It looks to me as if the way in which Mrs. Marilyn Braxton prayed for her husband may well deserve a level of attention in some ways right up there with the attention that Mr. Dean Braxton gets as he tells his story about what he saw?

She seems to have prayed in an especially effective manner to see her husband not only brought back after flat-lining for an hour and forty five minutes............ but he came back with none of the negative effects that his doctors expected him to have!

Could we be biased against whatever denomination that is is that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton belongs to?

I plead guilty........ back in 1988 I would have been biased against the way that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton prayed due to the excessive confidence that I had in my particular denomination....... The Worldwide Church of God.

DEAN BRAXTON INTERVIEW (Full-length) with Dr Cecil Stewart OBE

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
flat-lining for an hour and forty five minutes
Can the heart medicine digoxin cause a flat line for that long?

There are people who have had no detected heartbeat, then they came to while an undertaker was about to process them.

In case her prayer did bring a miracle >

Could we be biased against whatever denomination that is is that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton belongs to?
Why would you be biased against the denomination of a woman who prayed for her husband to come back from the dead . . . and who did??

But, of course, a husband could be close enough to his wife to be in cahoots.

But even if she prayed a miracle that did happen > our Apostle Peter did wonders before he became a mature Christian. He was not always a good example around that time or later, I would say, considering Galatians 2:11-13.

So, I would evaluate a person by their personal example of how God's word directs us to relate with God and share as His family and love any and all people. How much do we have her quoted talking about this!!!!

I wouldn't even start with evaluating a person unless you are obviously being matured by his or her ministry . . . or a church's ministry. The example of this matters. We need our senior mature examples. Why spend a lot of time looking at someone you don't even know, when you could be sharing with mature senior couples and widows and widowers and celibates who help you mature in Jesus?

We need to pay attention to where our attention is going :)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Can the heart medicine digoxin cause a flat line for that long?

There are people who have had no detected heartbeat, then they came to while an undertaker was about to process them.

In case her prayer did bring a miracle >

Why would you be biased against the denomination of a woman who prayed for her husband to come back from the dead . . . and who did??

But, of course, a husband could be close enough to his wife to be in cahoots.

But even if she prayed a miracle that did happen > our Apostle Peter did wonders before he became a mature Christian. He was not always a good example around that time or later, I would say, considering Galatians 2:11-13.

So, I would evaluate a person by their personal example of how God's word directs us to relate with God and share as His family and love any and all people. How much do we have her quoted talking about this!!!!

I wouldn't even start with evaluating a person unless you are obviously being matured by his or her ministry . . . or a church's ministry. The example of this matters. We need our senior mature examples. Why spend a lot of time looking at someone you don't even know, when you could be sharing with mature senior couples and widows and widowers and celibates who help you mature in Jesus?

We need to pay attention to where our attention is going :)

Thank you for replying. I do know that my personally being involved in the Alpha Program help myself and all Christians in my area to become less competitive for our particular denomination.

Baptists, Catholics, Anglicans, (Episcopalians), Pentecostals and United got together and listened to videos by Nicky Gumble and this created an atmosphere here in Nova Scotia where there was far less denominationalism than was the case thirty or more years ago.

In one of his sermons Dean Braxton specifically mentions being invited to virtually every denomination but one or two that are firm in their teachings regarding Soul Sleep.

What Heaven Is Like | Dean Braxton

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do know that my personally being involved in the Alpha Program help myself and all Christians in my area to become less competitive for our particular denomination.
I see the point of not competing. But we do need to test each thing we believe and do. And we need to test if a leader meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-10.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks to me as if the way in which Mrs. Marilyn Braxton prayed for her husband may well deserve a level of attention in some ways right up there with the attention that Mr. Dean Braxton gets as he tells his story about what he saw?She seems to have prayed in an especially effective manner to see her husband not only brought back after flat-lining for an hour and forty five minutes............ but he came back with none of the negative effects that his doctors expected him to have!Could we be biased against whatever denomination that is is that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton belongs to?I plead guilty........ back in 1988 I would have been biased against the way that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton prayed due to the excessive confidence that I had in my particular denomination....... The Worldwide Church of God.

God has never attended any denominational services.
Not one is known for improving answered prayer.

Knowing God Through Answered Prayer - Steps 1,2,&3

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this?????????

Do you mean that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is not free to answer prayer by people of whatever denomination it is that Mrs. Marilyn Braxton happens to be??????

Surely you do not mean that do you????

Matthew 7

Matthew 7
verse 9

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Absolutely! My wife and I have seen so many powerful answers to prayer that we are in awe. Sometimes the answers take years and sure enough..... we can look back and remember when we had prayed about what is happening now years or even decades later.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely! My wife and I have seen so many powerful answers to prayer that we are in awe. Sometimes the answers take years and sure enough..... we can look back and remember when we had prayed about what is happening now years or even decades later.
God answers all prayers before the world was formed.
But through faith found in prayer, we get to see His will in events.
But they would turn out that way no matter what.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums