Did Job build the Great Pyramid of Giseh?

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've heard this theory advanced a few times on TV lately, so I did a little internet sleuthing.

Evidently someone named Herman L. Hoeh and Dr. Meredith (Roderick Meredith?) visited the Great Pyramid in 1959 and after a lot of research, came to the conclusion that Job was actually the Khufu/Cheops who built the Great Pyramid.

I don't know if this is true, but it's fascinating....

I'm always a little leery of websites that are full of all CAPS AND !!! but there seems to be something to this idea.

Who Built the GREAT PYRAMID?   by Herman L. Hoeh

Mazock

Non-Pauline Believer in Yeshua
Nov 21, 2012
SW Missouri
✟8,119.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I recently read the book of Jasher. Interestingly, it places both Job and Balaam in the company of Pharaoh during the time of Moses.

I think this is one reason Jasher isn't authoritative. Because Job advises Pharaoh to kill the male children of Israel. That certainly doesn't sound like a godly man.

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I recently read the book of Jasher. Interestingly, it places both Job and Balaam in the company of Pharaoh during the time of Moses.

I think this is one reason Jasher isn't authoritative. Because Job advises Pharaoh to kill the male children of Israel. That certainly doesn't sound like a godly man.
I doubt that happened.
But if I remember correctly, according to this article I posted, Job was the uncle of Joseph!

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here is two of my forty-two sense: Whether Jasher the Upright is to be considered acceptable or not the book confirms that for a short time Abraham was a contemporary with his and our great grandfather Noah. Abraham then goes to Canaan, then down into Egypt, and scores the lines marking the proper date in the Giza Pyramid built by Noah before the great flood. :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some believe the book of Job to be the oldest book in the Bible. Also that Job's friend Eliphaz was the son of Esau.

It is interesting to note that in Ezekiel contrary to what we read in JOB we read

14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord G-D. 15 If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts: 16 Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord G-D, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered , but the land shall be desolate. 17 Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say , Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: 18 Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves. 19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast: 20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord G-D, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some also believe the book of Job to be the "seventh rib" of Torah, (the seventh rib of man likewise has "three false friends" connected to it at the bottom of the rib cage). This thinking is mostly rejected because of the difficulties regarding the many false comments made by the three "friends" of Job but there are those who suggest that Job was written by Moses. Also, when it comes to dating Job, one would be forced to stretch the chronologies from 500 to 1000 years to place Job in 2623BC, (which date the "scored lines" clearly mark in the descending passage of the Giza Pyramid). However, we know that Noah was a great builder, (i.e. the Ark) and 2623BC is already within the lifetime of Noah without any alteration of the chronologies which we have in place. Actually 2623BC is about 200 years before the flood give or take a little here or there depending on the chronologist. Not to argue anything but simply offering another pennyworth of possibility. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I've heard this theory advanced a few times on TV lately, so I did a little internet sleuthing.

Evidently someone named Herman L. Hoeh and Dr. Meredith (Roderick Meredith?) visited the Great Pyramid in 1959 and after a lot of research, came to the conclusion that Job was actually the Khufu/Cheops who built the Great Pyramid.

I'm always a little leery of websites that are full of all CAPS AND !!! but there seems to be something to this idea.

Who Built the GREAT PYRAMID?[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] by Herman L. Hoeh
I found this piece to be the most interesting in the whole article...
Now turn to Job 38:4-6. Here is God's response to Job. Notice that the verses presuppose Job a great builder. Now paraphrase God's answer to Job. Compare it with the book of Job and the accompanying article "Where is God?" by Robert Gentet.

"You, Job, laid the foundations of the Great Pyramid, but where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? You, Job, determined the measures on the Pyramid in Egypt, but who determined the measures of the earth and stretched the line upon it? You, Job, fastened down in sockets the foundations of the pyramid, but whereupon are the foundations of the earth fastened? You, Job, were NOT able to lay the Pyramid's capstone, for your work was not absolutely perfect, but I laid the cornerstone of the earth," said God.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
According to the dating of the pyramids they defiantly were made before the flood, the salt crystals found in the 'kings chamber' are testimony to that.

Josephus likewise confirms it was an ancient tradition, (built before the flood).

Jos. Ant. Bk.1. Ch.2:3
3. Now Adam, who was the first man, and made out of the earth, (for our discourse must now be about him,) after Abel was slain, and Cain fled away, on account of his murder, was solicitous for posterity, and had a vehement desire of children, he being two hundred and thirty years old; after which time he lived other seven hundred, and then died. He had indeed many other children,(8) but Seth in particular. As for the rest, it would be tedious to name them; I will therefore only endeavor to give an account of those that proceeded from Seth. Now this Seth, when he was brought up, and came to those years in which he could discern what was good, became a virtuous man; and as he was himself of an excellent character, so did he leave children behind him who imitated his virtues.(9) All these proved to be of good dispositions. They also inhabited the same country without dissensions, and in a happy condition, without any misfortunes falling upon them, till they died. They also were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies, and their order. And that their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire, and at another time by the violence and quantity of water, they made two pillars, (10) the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain, and exhibit those discoveries to mankind; and also inform them that there was another pillar of brick erected by them. Now this remains in the land of Siriad to this day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I understand, (and agree for the most part when it comes to more critical things) but was simply using that quote to show that even in that time it was an ancient tradition that the Pyramid of Giza was built before the flood. :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree. It is interesting how you see things when you look at them by how someone else dated them.

I think they would have to have been built before the flood, the atmosphere was defiantly different then. Things grew in huge proportions compared to nowadays and gravity would have been different too I think. So moving those huge stones would not be the impossible task as it is today to those who have tried to simulate it. Even with all our technology, which I don't think matters, it is about the atmosphere that effects it most.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't think the Pyramids were built before the flood at all, I would think it impossible.

I don't see it that old.

They used to say that the Pyramids were 50,000 years old and that time table has consistently changed.

I think the Pyramids were built around the time of Joseph or maybe 500 years before that.

I don't know, I just think for sure that they were built after the flood.

It would seem to me that they might have been covered up with sand and dirt if it were after the flood, probably buried and still not found.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to the dating of the pyramids they defiantly were made before the flood, the salt crystals found in the 'kings chamber' are testimony to that.

The Giza pyramid is made almost entirely of limestone, which has soluble salt crystals in it. That is because limestone is a sedimentary rock (that is, laid down by water.) So it should be no surprise that there are salt crystals in the pyramid. This does not mean that salt was deposited by Noah's flood while the pyramid stood.

BTW, the sphinx also is made of limestone and the soluble salts are causing it to erode:

NATURE, NOT MAN, ERODES SPHINX | Deseret News

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jlew113

Aug 28, 2018
Fort Payne
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I doubt that happened.
But if I remember correctly, according to this article I posted, Job was the uncle of Joseph!
records speak of when the tribes of Israel entered Egypt. Job is listed among the children of Israel..
Alternatively, the book of the pyramids states that Khufu/Cheops(also note that ancient Egyptian didn't use the sound for the letter J) was not Egyptian. He is said to have come from the land of Uz, on Mt. Sier. Khufu was the nephew of the great seer, who also became pharaoh, Zapnath( the name pharaoh gave Joseph). the Egyptians note this time as the beginning of the reign of the Hyksos(translated means "Shepherd Kings"). The books of the twelve patriarchs describe the entrance of the Israelites into Egypt, in the first year of the famine. Egyptians saw shepherds as weak, trash.. so Joseph introduced them as architects, and mercenaries(in the time of Moses, the Egyptian word for mercenary, also meant slave.. but that's another discussion). they were welcomed, and tasked with building the old city, which pharaoh built over the ruins of, 500 years later, in the time of Moses..( the proof is in an empty tomb, with a single statue of a man, wearing a multi-colored coat.)
sorry if this was a little long winded lol.. I get carried away sometimes

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
records speak of when the tribes of Israel entered Egypt. Job is listed among the children of Israel..
Alternatively, the book of the pyramids states that Khufu/Cheops(also note that ancient Egyptian didn't use the sound for the letter J) was not Egyptian. He is said to have come from the land of Uz, on Mt. Sier. Khufu was the nephew of the great seer, who also became pharaoh, Zapnath( the name pharaoh gave Joseph). the Egyptians note this time as the beginning of the reign of the Hyksos(translated means "Shepherd Kings"). The books of the twelve patriarchs describe the entrance of the Israelites into Egypt, in the first year of the famine. Egyptians saw shepherds as weak, trash.. so Joseph introduced them as architects, and mercenaries(in the time of Moses, the Egyptian word for mercenary, also meant slave.. but that's another discussion). they were welcomed, and tasked with building the old city, which pharaoh built over the ruins of, 500 years later, in the time of Moses..( the proof is in an empty tomb, with a single statue of a man, wearing a multi-colored coat.)
sorry if this was a little long winded lol.. I get carried away sometimes

David Rohl, Pharaohs and Kings.

Upvote 0

Ben Aphar

Jul 30, 2019
Zion
✟7,711.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Who Built the GREAT PYRAMID? by Herman L. Hoeh
Yes. Job was the architect of that Pyramid. Yosef, Jacobs son, was Prime minister beneath the Hebrew pharoah - Yob! ( Greeks called him Cheops )

The Hyksos were a Shepherd people. The Egyptians hated them and still do to this day. Amerika is Egypt personified.

Hebrew are a very small number now. Very very few in number who Keep ETERNALS LAWS.

may ANCIENT OF DAYS keep and open your mind

Reactions: Rachel Rachel
Upvote 0