Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 24
King James Version
24 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

When the women reached the sepulchre, it was still enclosed. When the angel rolled the stone away from the sepulchre, Jesus' body was no longer there. So did Jesus literally walked through stone?

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Luke 24
King James Version
24 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

When the women reached the sepulchre, it was still enclosed. When the angel rolled the stone away from the sepulchre, Jesus' body was no longer there. So did Jesus literally walked through stone?

Not sure I follow you

Jesus would have been raised sometime before sunset on Saturday ….

The scripture you have cited is early Sunday….which also states that the stone had been rolled away.

But even at that ….the stone wasn’t rolled away for Jesus to get out…it was to show to the world He had risen. Jesus had passed through about 100 lbs of hardened grave wrappings which were undisturbed and later zips through walls …I don’t believe there are any natural restrictions to a spiritual body

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,078.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure I follow you

The scripture you have cited is early Sunday….which also states that the stone had been rolled away.

But even at that ….the stone wasn’t rolled away for Jesus to get out…it was to show to the world He had risen. Jesus had passed through about 100 lbs of hardened grave wrappings which were undisturbed and later zips through walls …I don’t believe there are any natural restrictions to a spiritual body

Can you define a spiritual body?

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Can you define a spiritual body?

Actually ...no...not accurately.
Things that Jesus had and could do ...like be unrecognizable ..invisible, pass through walls... zip from here to there...are indication of what we will have or be in our spiritual bodies ....
I have some experience in the realm of evil spirits and what they could do... but I think I will leave it at that.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure I follow you

Fact check: while our Lord was raised incorruptible, it is a serious error to describe His body as spiritual. The fact that St. Thomas could touch it, and the fact that our Lord was able to consume food, proves that his risen body was material, perhaps made of new forms of matter beyond the comprehension of science, or perhaps blessed with supernatural capabilities, or both.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,078.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fact check: while our Lord was raised incorruptible, it is a serious error to describe His body as spiritual. The fact that St. Thomas could touch it, and the fact that our Lord was able to consume food, proves that his risen body was material, perhaps made of new forms of matter beyond the comprehension of science, or perhaps blessed with supernatural capabilities, or both.

Will we all be raised like Jesus then?

• Useful
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

I think we have a different concept or definition of spiritual ….

The Word gives us two options of bodies ….Natural (which sees corruption) and Spiritual (which sees no corruption)

But I do agree….. it is beyond the comprehension of science, which has trouble analyzing things in the natural world.

I know you agree it was not a natural body that Jesus had….there is no way a natural body can do what Jesus did, including witness to the imprisoned spirits.

To explain it …I can’t ….not beyond my comprehension of what the Word declares and what I know of other spirit beings.

But we know when Lazarus was raised it was still a natural body, as he did not pass through his grave wrappings like Jesus did. And I know of others who were raised, including my daughter and I have seen her walk, and trust me ….she can’t pass through walls…she can hardly pass a door knob that doesn’t hit her in the hip.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,078.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we have a different concept or definition of spiritual ….

And I know of others who were raised, including my daughter and I have seen her walk, and trust me ….she can’t pass through walls…she can hardly pass a door knob that doesn’t hit her in the hip.

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by others who were raised including your daughter?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,016.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The stone had already been rolled away by the time they got there. Apparently angels set their alarm clocks pretty early.:scratch:

Jesus didn't need to "walk through stone" in this case although no doubt he could have if He wanted to. The stone had already been rolled away. The tomb was open, and He'd left.

When he appeared to the disciples in the upper room where they were all hiding, he would have just materialised in front of them. I don't think He would have bothered walking through the closed door, although as with the stone He could have if he wanted to.

But I doubt if He would have allowed them to see Him until He'd fully taken shape. If He could walk a few kilometres to Emmaus with two disciples who knew Him very well without letting them recognise who He was until He finished saying what He wanted to day, He wouldn't have any trouble keeping a roomful of the disciples in the dark until He was ready.

He would have used a similar sleight of hand when the crowd wanted to throw him over the cliff, but He just walked through them.

I think that to spiritual beings our world is pretty fragile. They can probably move through it at will, just as 3 dimensional creatures could pass through 2 dimensional flatland with the greatest of ease.

• Agree
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by others who were raised including your daughter?
There are three that God …by my hand, has raised…and I know of a handful more who have also been raised.

I don't often share this, but I did bring it up so…
We were living in the Catalina mts. in AZ. My daughter was just under 2. She fell off the side and landed in a crevasse breaking her neck. When we got to her, she was gone. I brought her to the house laid her down outside on the ground …911 had been contacted, but they were at least 30 -40 minutes out…Regardless of how I am recounting this, both my wife and I were flipping out. Neither of us were proficient at CPR (not that it would have helped) I had training in it for scuba diving and some other things ...but it wasn't there...it never crossed my mind..

I stood back on the steps, looking down at her lifeless body on the blanket which was on the ground with my wife sobbing over her….At which point, and I can‘t explain this, but I saw…. call it a vision …whatever but in my mind’s eye (clear as could be) I saw my marriage …the birth of my daughter, (which I had delivered at home) and then the future …which showed the burial…. and then the dissolution of our marriage...and more....it's hard to describe. I think this all took place in in a millisecond …I don’t know.

At that point I went over … knelt down over her body (again none of this was in a calm manner) and with a loud scream commanded her to get up in the name of Jesus Christ….I yelled it more than once ….maybe 3 x. When I looked down she opened her eyes and smiled ….until she saw us crying …then she cried…she sat up. Shortly afterwards EMT’s arrive….checked her out …not a scratch on her …totally fine.

The one thing I can’t explain is the privacy of this whole event ….something you would think would be shouted from the rooftops….but, it was a very personal …. Very, keep it to ourselves, and a few others within the fellowship…. And some family….It is still kind of that way and that was almost 30 years ago.

The other times were both accidents, one motorcycle, the other automobile....…for another time.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,016.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then there are those saints who bilocated. In our modern times Padre Pio was the best known example. He was observed hovering in the air stopping a bombing fleet from dropping bombs in the San Giovanni Rotondo, keeping a promise to the local people.

Five Unusual Stories About Saint Padre Pio

Bilocation - Wikipedia.

Christianity[edit]
The history of Christianity contains many reports of miraculous bilocations. Among the earliest of these is the apparition of Our Lady of the Pillar. This is an alleged appearance of the Virgin Mary in Caesaraugusta, Spain, in the year 40 CE, at a time when she is believed to have been still alive and living in Jerusalem.[14]

Other Christian figures said to have experienced bilocation include Saint Drogo,[15] Anthony of Padua,[16] Francis of Paola,[17] Francis Xavier,[18] Martin de Porres,[19] María de Ágreda,[20][21] María de León Bello y Delgado,[citation needed] Alphonsus Liguori,[5] Gerard Majella,[22] and Pio of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio)[23]).

However, Catholic philosophers disagree as to whether a person can really be physically located in two places at once, or whether the bilocations of the saints only take the form of non-substantial apparitions.[24][25]

The Catholic philosophers who disagree that a person can be in two places at the same time have to account as to how Christ can be immanent throughout the universe as part of the Trinitarian Godhead and also take human form in a room talking to a bunch of incredulous disciples, including telling Thomas to stick his hand in his side to assure him He was not just a "non-substantial apparition".

I wish them luck.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Then there are those saints who bilocated. In our modern times Padre Pio was the best known example. He was observed hovering in the air stopping a bombing fleet from dropping bombs in the San Giovanni Rotondo, keeping a promise to the local people.

Five Unusual Stories About Saint Padre Pio

Bilocation - Wikipedia.

The Catholic philosophers who disagree that a person can be in two places at the same time have to account as to how Christ can be immanent throughout the universe as part of the Trinitarian Godhead and also take human form in a room talking to a bunch of incredulous disciples, including telling Thomas to stick his hand in his side to assure him He was not just a "non-substantial apparition".

I wish them luck.

Also the Eastern Orthodox (ROCOR) St. John Maximovitch.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
There are three that God …by my hand, has raised…and I know of a handful more who have also been raised.

I don't often share this, but I did bring it up so…
We were living in the Catalina mts. in AZ. My daughter was just under 2. She fell off the side and landed in a crevasse breaking her neck. When we got to her, she was gone. I brought her to the house laid her down outside on the ground …911 had been contacted, but they were at least 30 -40 minutes out…Regardless of how I am recounting this, both my wife and I were flipping out. Neither of us were proficient at CPR (not that it would have helped) I had training in it for scuba diving and some other things ...but it wasn't there...it never crossed my mind..

I stood back on the steps, looking down at her lifeless body on the blanket which was on the ground with my wife sobbing over her….At which point, and I can‘t explain this, but I saw…. call it a vision …whatever but in my mind’s eye (clear as could be) I saw my marriage …the birth of my daughter, (which I had delivered at home) and then the future …which showed the burial…. and then the dissolution of our marriage...and more....it's hard to describe. I think this all took place in in a millisecond …I don’t know.

At that point I went over … knelt down over her body (again none of this was in a calm manner) and with a loud scream commanded her to get up in the name of Jesus Christ….I yelled it more than once ….maybe 3 x. When I looked down she opened her eyes and smiled ….until she saw us crying …then she cried…she sat up. Shortly afterwards EMT’s arrive….checked her out …not a scratch on her …totally fine.

The one thing I can’t explain is the privacy of this whole event ….something you would think would be shouted from the rooftops….but, it was a very personal …. Very, keep it to ourselves, and a few others within the fellowship…. And some family….It is still kind of that way and that was almost 30 years ago.

The other times were both accidents, one motorcycle, the other automobile....…for another time.

You were greatly blessed. Glory be to God!

• Friendly
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums