Did Jesus Like to Party?

E

enoch son

Nobody who thinks Jesus celebrated and rejoiced and danced has missed the point of why He went to parties. He partied with them to the degree of living Torah in the midst of them and their lives were changed. He loved to party as per the Kingdom of Heaven.
You did bring up a great point the "kingdom of heaven" which is love,joy,peace in the Holy Spirit. But I can't fine torah anywhere in that ver.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
You did bring up a great point the "kingdom of heaven" which is love,joy,peace in the Holy Spirit. But I can't fine torah anywhere in that ver.

You misunderstood my point. I'm not going to debate it with you.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
scripture please

Certainly! Let's clarify again though, that Jesus did nothing that was against scriptures that He authored and lived.

First off: Jesus was Jewish. There is never a celebration without dancing, and everybody joins in. He attended weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, etc, and there is always dancing. I don't believe for a minute He sat in the corner like a bump on a log and just talked with people about their sins.

Second of all: Scriptures tell us to dance. Jesus was the Living Word, therefore, He would lead the perfect example of it

• Psalm 149:3 "Let them praise his name in the dance"
  • Psalm 150:4 "Praise him with the timbrel and dance"
  • Luke 10:21 "At that moment he was filled with joy by the Ruach HaKodesh and said, "Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I thank you because you concealed these things from the sophisticated and educated, yet revealed them to ordinary people. Yes, Father, I thank you that it pleased you to do this."
Joy generally displays itself with dancing in some form. Just because many only have their joy showing way way waaaaay deeep down inside them does not mean that the Living Word did it that way.

Note: No, it does not specifically spell it out for us like we are little children, but scripture also does not tell us that Jesus ever went to the bathroom, but I'm sure we would not conclude that since it does not show up in scripture, that He did not do it...or change his clothes, or sweep the carpenter shop, or help his mother do the dishes, or do homework, etc.

Upvote 0