Did Jesus know here on Earth everyone in the world that will be saved?

Did Jesus know here on Earth everyone in the world that will be saved?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,432.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus knew a lot of things, thoughts of people, their history, about Judas' betrayal, he knew Peter would deny he knew him thrice. But there were things Jesus didn't know, like when the end time comes. Do you think Jesus knew while here on Earth everyone in the world who will be saved?

Reactions: Tigger45

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All knowing duh yet look back to the book of beginnings where God asked "Adam where you?" "who told you?" "did you eat of the tree I told you not to?" God talking to Abraham came to see if the cries He was hearing was true. Christ cried asking them to come to Him..

Amen speculation.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus knew a lot of things, thoughts of people, their history, about Judas' betrayal, he knew Peter would deny he knew him thrice. But there were things Jesus didn't know, like when the end time comes. Do you think Jesus knew while here on Earth everyone in the world who will be saved?

We know of one thing he didn't know so it's possible there were more things he simply didn't need to know. I'm not sure any of the Trinity knows that answer. It wouldn't be due to inability but possible desire to not know it. There are many times God is either sorrowful about how something happened or is surprised by an outcome so there is legitimate reason to suggest God doesn't always know the future and I would say it's by choice. I can offer examples if needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We know of one thing he didn't know so it's possible there were more things he simply didn't need to know. I'm not sure any of the Trinity knows that answer. It wouldn't be due to inability but possible desire to not know it. There are many times God is either sorrowful about how something happened or is surprised by an outcome so there is legitimate reason to suggest God doesn't always know the future and I would say it's by choice. I can offer examples if needed.
I agree. I think Jesus knew what He needed to know to fulfill His mission.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All knowing duh yet look back to the book of beginnings where God asked "Adam where you?" "who told you?" "did you eat of the tree I told you not to?" God talking to Abraham came to see if the cries He was hearing was true. Christ cried asking them to come to Him..

Amen speculation.
You really believe he didn't have an answer to those questions?
Have you ever asked a child how he got all that chocolate on his face with out your knowing he got into the candy?
God knows everything. Testing is a part of his reputation.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,432.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's no way of knowing the answer to that question, so why would we worry ourselves about it or speculate about the answer.

Maybe it's pointless to speculate about it. The reason I asked was because of Jesus High priestly prayer. There he prays that everyone who believes in him through the apostles' words will be one. If he knew who these are then he prayed for us who believes individually, if not it's more of a general prayer "whoever" believes.

But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth. “I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
— John 17:13-21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His God nature knew everything that God knows. There are some unknowns as far as what and when the human nature became aware of things and it has been a subject of much debate in Christian Theology. I think it is reasonable to say that His human nature knew what it needed to know when it needed to know it.
There is also an argument that His human nature knew the date of His return but by saying that only the Father knows he was following the cultural custom and practice to allow the father of a family to be the one to reveal important events.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,316.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While He was in human form, I think He was limited. The "things he knew" were about the people He knew personally at that time, or who figured during His earthly sojourn.

He was "surprised" at the Centurion's faith. He asked "Who touched me?" to find out who the woman with the issue was.

He didn't talk about Joe Blog from the year 2021, or people outside His personal acquaintance, other than in general terms eg. "... many will come from the east and west ...", "... but few there be who find it...".

So, no, I don't think he knew everyone who would be saved.

He may have been divine, but He was also human with all the limitations that implied - he got hungry, thirsty and tired.

Nor do I think He knew, and still doesn't know the date of His return. God may be a unified Trinity, but they're still three persons, and I think God the Father is the only one who knows when the Second Coming will eventuate, even now.

For whatever reason, He's playing that one very close to His chest. Something to do with "... if the strong man had known when the thief was coming...".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums