Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These verses shows that both the Holy Father and His only begotten Son is worshipped. Is it not the honour to the Son of God just as to the Father?
They are worshiped for who they are; YHWH as the only true God of the universe and Yeshua as the Son of the only true God.

Also, I haven't touched on the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words translated "worship". Both words "proskuneo" and "shachah" were directed towards men as well as YHWH. Abraham "worshiped" men, but our translations do not use "worship" because it is not something men should give other men. In such cases, the translators used "bowed down", "made obeisance", etc. Our trinitarian translators used "worship" for Yeshua because they believed he was God.

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are worshiped for who they are; YHWH as the only true God of the universe and Yeshua as the Son of the only true God.

Also, I haven't touched on the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words translated "worship". Both words "proskuneo" and "shachah" were directed towards men as well as YHWH. Abraham "worshiped" men, but our translations do not use "worship" because it is not something men should give other men. In such cases, the translators used "bowed down", "made obeisance", etc. Our trinitarian translators used "worship" for Yeshua because they believed he was God.
Will you bow down before Lord Yeshua Messiah?

Upvote 0

Roann

Oct 1, 2017
NY
✟15,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Dear Brothers and Sisters... We Christians believe in One true Living God. I am posting this thread to improve our knowledge in bible. Every muslims, Jehovah witness community, and other people who says that Jesus should not be worshipped, or some saying that He is only son of God, but not that God Himself or says that He should not be claimed as a son for God, but just a prophet. Anyway they just conclude to one question asking: Did Jesus himself say, "I am God and worship me"?.

I have answers for their ignorance. But, kindly share your opinions. We need to be very serious about this. Whether individually you are strong or not, there are many innocent christians getting converted to the wrong paths, since many believers as christians not properly answering to that exact question. We need to battle the dark forces through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus himself say: "I am God and worship me?".
Dear Brothers and Sisters... We Christians believe in One true Living God. I am posting this thread to improve our knowledge in bible. Every muslims, Jehovah witness community, and other people who says that Jesus should not be worshipped, or some saying that He is only son of God, but not that God Himself or says that He should not be claimed as a son for God, but just a prophet. Anyway they just conclude to one question asking: Did Jesus himself say, "I am God and worship me"?.

I have answers for their ignorance. But, kindly share your opinions. We need to be very serious about this. Whether individually you are strong or not, there are many innocent christians getting converted to the wrong paths, since many believers as christians not properly answering to that exact question. We need to battle the dark forces through our Lord Jesus Christ.

JESUS said if you have seen me, you have seen the Father JOHN 14:9
That statement say's JESUS IS GOD! JOHN 20:28-29 and revelation 1:17 JESUS ALLOWS PEOPLE TO WORSHIP HIM. FURTHER JESUS NEVER SAYS NOT TO WORSHIP HIM.
WE NEED TO WAKE THESE PEOPLE UP.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lord Jesus Christ says in Revelation 1:17-18
“Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last, and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever..."
Just because Yeshua has the same title as his Father does not mean he IS the Father. Cyrus is called YHWH's "maschiach" in Isaiah 45:1, but that does not mean Cyrus is Yeshua. Yeshua is the first and the last being to ever be directly begotten by YHWH. YHWH is the first and last being to ever be eternal/uncreated.

...(continue to read in Revelation 21:6-7, Jesus Christ says,
"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end....
"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.".
note: Lord Jesus Christ says that He is God. The Alpha and the Omega says: I am God.
God the Father has no beginning and no end, He is not alpha and omega. He is immortal, and cannot taste death. He is in unapproachable light.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.​

Do not be deceived by the red letters in most modern Bibles. Those are not Yeshua's words. They are the words of YHWH. It is YHWH who "sits upon the throne" (see Revelation 4 & 5 where our Creator YHWH is on the throne and the Lamb, Yeshua, takes the book out of His hand).

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will you bow down before an angel of God?
Until I am resurrected unto eternal life, I would since I am made lower than the angels. Once I am glorified via my resurrection, I will not. They will bow down to me as I will be judging them.

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Until I am resurrected unto eternal life, I would since I am made lower than the angels. Once I am glorified via my resurrection, I will not. They will bow down to me as I will be judging them.
Your concept is contradicted with the Scripture.
Revelation 22:8-9
8 Now I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. When I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who had shown me these things.

9 He said to me, “See you don’t do it! I am a fellow bondservant with you and with your brothers, the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book.

According to your knowledge...here John bow down before an angel, the angel of God says not to bow down.

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because Yeshua has the same title as his Father does not mean he IS the Father. Cyrus is called YHWH's "maschiach" in Isaiah 45:1, but that does not mean Cyrus is Yeshua. Yeshua is the first and the last being to ever be directly begotten by YHWH. YHWH is the first and last being to ever be eternal/uncreated.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.​

Do not be deceived by the red letters in most modern Bibles. Those are not Yeshua's words. They are the words of YHWH. It is YHWH who "sits upon the throne" (see Revelation 4 & 5 where our Creator YHWH is on the throne and the Lamb, Yeshua, takes the book out of His hand).
Do you think that God the Father is the Alpha and the Omega?. God the Father has no beginning and has no end. He cannot be claimed as First and the Last.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your concept is contradicted with the Scripture.
Revelation 22:8-9
8 Now I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. When I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who had shown me these things.

9 He said to me, “See you don’t do it! I am a fellow bondservant with you and with your brothers, the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book.

According to your knowledge...here John bow down before an angel, the angel of God says not to bow down.
John was not talking to a created angel, but a messenger from among those resurrected after Yeshua resurrected. He is a "fellow bondservant".

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you think that God the Father is the Alpha and the Omega?. God the Father has no beginning and has no end. He cannot be claimed as First and the Last.
Who is God the Father? Is it not the Father of Yeshua? Who is the Father of Yeshua?

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.​

YHWH is his Father and our Father.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I YHWH, the first, and with the last; I am he.​

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John was not talking to a created angel, but a messenger from among those resurrected after Yeshua resurrected. He is a "fellow bondservant".
Matthew 4:11
"Then the devil left him, and behold, angels(ἄγγελος - aggelos) came and served him".

Revelation 22:8
Now I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. When I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel(ἄγγελος - aggelos) who had shown me these things.

In both these verses it says only about created Angels (ἄγγελος - aggelos), but you are saying difference of resurrected messenger and the created angel.

Upvote 0

Anand Prabhu Antony

Jan 8, 2016
Chennai, India
✟20,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who is God the Father? Is it not the Father of Yeshua? Who is the Father of Yeshua?

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.​

YHWH is his Father and our Father.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I YHWH, the first, and with the last; I am he.​

Revelation 19:13
He(Lord Jesus Christ) is clothed in a garment sprinkled with blood. His name is called “The Word of God.”
note: Lord Jesus Christ is the Word of God the Father.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of only begotten Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
note: The Word of God, who is only begotten Son of God took flesh and came down as Son of Man. So, The Word of God as only begotten Son of God to the Son of Man(likeness of flesh and blood).

Isaiah 45:23
I(YHWH) have sworn by myself. The word(Jesus Christ) has gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and will not be revoked, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath.

Philippians 2:10
"that at the name of Jesus(The Word of God) every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth.

John 17:11-12
Jesus said: "Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name(the name: Jesus), which you have given me.........
"......When I was with them, I used to watch over them on account of your own name(the name: Jesus), which you have given me.."
note: That powerful name of God is Jesus, which was given to the Son of Man, and that Son of Man is the Lord and the Christ.

Revelation 21:22
" I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God, the Almighty, and the Lamb, are its temple."
note: Jesus said: " I and the Father are One". In the new Jerusalem city there is only one temple. That one temple is the Holy Father and His only begotten Son which Lord Jesus Christ was meaning in the gospel of John.

Revelation 21:23
"The city has no need for the sun or moon to shine, for the very glory of God illuminated it, and its lamp is the Lamb."
note: Light comes from the lamp. This verse says that the Glory of the Holy Father which dwells completely in His only begotten Son illumines the temple, where Christ is the lamp of the temple.

That's the reason Lord Jesus Christ will be called the great "Eternal Father" as Isaiah prophesied.

Isaiah 9:6
"For a child is born to us. A son is given to us; and the government will be on his shoulders. His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
note: One temple, from One body, from one throne the The Holy Father, and His only begotten Son will rule the new heaven and new earth. That only begotten Son of God will be called Eternal Father as no one can see the Holy father separately as He completely dwells in His Christ, the Son of God(who came down this earth as Son of Man).

Revelation 22:3-5
3 "The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will serve him.

4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

5 There will be no night, and they need no lamp light or sun light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever.

note: Some of these verse from the final chapter of Revelation shows us some important words. These important words are "Throne"; "His face"; "His name". These verses does not say "thrones" or "two thrones", also not saying "their face" and "their name". Everything these verses concludes is One throne, One person's face and name from that one throne.

The Holy Father, who is dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen, nor can see(1 Timothy 6:16) completely dwells in His Christ and will rule us forever and ever.

Daniel 7:13-14

13 “I saw in the night visions, and behold, there came with the clouds of the sky one like a Son of Man, and he came even to the ancient of days(YHWH), and they brought him near before him.

14 Dominion was given him, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which will not pass away, and his kingdom that which will not be destroyed.

Hail to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, let all knees shall bow to Him and worship Him.

The body of Lord Jesus Christ is the Tabernacle of YHWH.

Colossians 1:19
"For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him".

Colossians 2:9
"For in him all the fullness of the Deity dwells bodily,".

When I go to Heaven I will see that bodily form with the complete glory of God the Father and call Him as Abba Father. I can see Holy Father only in my Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

You stated.....

As a short reply to your statement above, Jesus not only made repeated statement like that, but he also required people's actions to abide and to fulfil that statement. Yet Jesus required people to not only consider him as the God of the Old Testament and to also worship him, yet he also wanted it be done in a sincere manner in love and not fear, though he be the King of kings.

It is one thing to make a claim of deity and request worship, but he also required people to act upon it, in sincerity and love.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Good to know about that Ministry among muslims. May God bless his ministry abundantly.

The important perspective in seeing this issue is: we already know muslims or JW are just going to stand in their doctrinal point in argument, but our fellow innocent christians should not become prey for their wrong teachings. Its happening in India and also in other regions of the world. It should be cleared within us, especially weak believers need our support in knowing the Truth.
Why are there so many weak Believers?

Are the Evangelists in India and around the world not completing the mission, are they just running around birthing new believers without their laying any foundation, are these people just being left on their own?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here I am quoting mostly the words of Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself claims that He is God.

Lord Jesus Christ says in John 5:23
"....all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father".
note: Lord Jesus Christ himself says to honor Him "just as" they do for the Father. So, We honor the Father and His begotten Son equally by worshipping.

Lord Jesus Christ claims in John 14:9 as
"..He who has seen Me has seen the Father".
note: It's a unique saying that He(Lord Jesus Christ) is the image of the Father. God created man in His own image, but nobody can claim like Jesus claimed in a unique statement.

Lord Jesus Christ says in John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."
note: He says they are one -together and combined, because the Word was in God and was begotten as Son of God.

In Luke 24:50-52
"...He(Lord Jesus Christ) lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, He left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped Him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.
note: They worshipped Lord Jesus Christ when He was take up to heaven. Angels did not stopped those who worshipped Him.

Lord Jesus Christ says in Revelation 1:17-18
“Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last, and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever..."
...(continue to read in Revelation 21:6-7, Jesus Christ says,
"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end....
"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.".
note: Lord Jesus Christ says that He is God. The Alpha and the Omega says: I am God.
God the Father has no beginning and no end, He is not alpha and omega. He is immortal, and cannot taste death. He is in unapproachable light.

Isaiah 25:8
"He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken. And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."
note: Lord Jesus Christ swallowed the death for all time, the prophesy says "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us".

Lord Jesus Christ says in John 17:10
"All things that are mine are yours(Father's), and yours are mine".
note: Lord Jesus Christ says: all that The Holy Father possess belongs to the Son of God.

Lord Jesus Christ was not created, He was born as The Father's word. Adam was created, but Lord Jesus Christ was not created. Lord Jesus Christ said that He was there even before Abraham. At the right time He took flesh to fullfill the law and it's requirements, as no man in this earth can follow those laws as perfect as Lord Jesus Christ whether in mind, words and deeds. Because, Sin has shut every human-kind in its darkness. Only Lord Jesus Christ has won over it.

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Note: God's word is also God, that's why Jesus Christ - "His name is called The Word of God". (Revelation 19:13).

Jesus Christ is The Word that came out from God the Father. Thus, He was the first born, He is only begotten Son of God.
Question, just curious.

When you study, or witness to Muslims, what Bible do you use?
Are there many Muslims in your area?
Do you use a Hindu or English Translation?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the God of the OT. Jesus is God the Son, but Jesus is not God the Father. The Trinity says that They are separate and distinct Persons. LDS say, They are separate and distinct Individuals.

That is right, LDS believe Jesus is god with a little "g".

LDS also believe that......

- Jesus is one of a whole string of gods with a little "g"
- His father, Heavenly Father, had to earn the right to become a God with big "G"
- Jesus had to earn the right to become A god
- Jesus has not always been A god, as this is something he achieved
- It is the goal of every Mormon man to someday achieve godhood the same as Jesus did, the same as Jesus’ father did.

What is more disconcerting to say the least is the LDS (Mormons) belief that Jesus is the spirit brother of Satan.

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Jews within their context of culture and in fear never directly used the word God, in case that they used his name in vain and this would be against the commandments given to Moses. So Jesus when speaking to the Jewish Pharisees (priests) repeatedly stated that it is He, which he directly inferred to the I Am, who is the God of Abraham.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: (John 8:58-59)

It is self evident that Jesus is declaring himself as the God of the Old Testament, who is the God of Abraham, because he is plainly telling the Pharisees that he is self existing, meaning uncreated and it was very much understood that way by the Jews and that is why they picked up stones, because they considered it blasphemous for Jesus to infer that he is the self existing God of Abraham, who is the I Am.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. (John 10:32-33)

Since the Jews when referring to God, they understood to be the God of the Old Testament, who is the God of Abraham. The Jews would never imply A god with a little "g", as they believed in ONE God who they engraved on the Ark of the Covenant as Kha-Shim (The Name).

Whilst considering the versus below to be connected in context to John 8:58-59 quoted above.....

he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. (John 8:23-25)

I Am He, the same that I said to you from above and from THE Beginning (Creation).. Who is He, well the Deity from above from the Jewish context of culture is the God of Abraham.

Case closed my friends, it really is!

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0