Feb 18, 2011
In this world, but not of it.
✟3,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lion King said:
As I said before brother, if we are to take that story as literal, does it mean:

-the wicked in Sheol/Hades are being tormented in flames before the resurrection of the dead?

Perhaps they are. There's certainly reason to consider such, isn't there? Oh, I recognize that Hades will one day be thrown into the lake of fire, but does this mean that there's no fire in Hades, too? By the way, you still haven't told me what this alleged "parable" means.

Lion King said:
-the spirit/souls in Hades/Sheol have "tongues, fingers" etc and all those other stuff associated with having a body?

Perhaps they do. When Moses and Elijah appeared to Christ in glory, they spoke to Him, didn't they? They must have had tongues...

Lion King said:
-the righteous dead used to observe the wicked burn in Sheol/Hades?

Perhaps they did. Who's to say that they didn't and based upon what evidence?

Look, I'm not trying to give you a hard time...I'm really not. I have questions which remain about all of this myself, but I see no reason whatsoever to view this portion of scripture as a parable. Again, even if it is a parable, then Jesus ALWAYS USED TRUE EXAMPLES in His parables, didn't He? If so, then why should we believe that this particular alleged "parable" is the exception to the rule? It's a fair question, isn't it?

Upvote 0