Did Jesus Ever Fall in Love With Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
actually that was what i meant to say - the part you quoted was only part of the sentence. perhaps that wasn't clear though by the way i wrote it out. I've edited it so hopefully its a little clearer now :)
LOL, sorry.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

This statement has got me wondering a lot of things.

It sounds very monophysitist
Monophysitism is the christological position that Christ has only one nature, as opposed to the Chalcedonian position which holds that Christ has two natures, one divine and one human.
Monophysitism was condemned by the Council of Chalcedon in a.d. 451.

The orthodox position is that Christ has two natures. He is 100% human in every way possible, including his nature. He is 100% divine in every way possible, including his nature.
He has two natures. Human and Divine.

So, what you are saying is that Jesus, right at this moment (being in Heaven), is divine but yet human???

Doesn't the Bible say that human beings may not enter into the Kingdom??? At least not until God has made them anew???

Anyway, I asked my father about this subject last night and he said that there's no way to proved conclusively that Jesus was or wasn't vulnerable to sin, but rather the point is that He DIDN'T!!!

My father also did not look to highly on my debating the issue with you all because he said in doing so, we were debating GOD, which, as he put it, "is the most dangerous thing you can do."

Which, when you think about it makes sense, as I'm sure that God isn't too keen on people debating Him, as we do not understand Him completely!!! LOL!!!

But I will say one last thing. Maybe the following anology will help you to understand my point about Jesus, while not being capable of sin, was still subjected to it:

If I put on a fire-proof suit, and walk through a raging fire and come out the other side unburned, it doesn't mean that the fire wasn't there or that I wasn't subjected to it.

So, with that, I will not be discussing this futher!

GOD BLESS!!!

Upvote 0

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, what you are saying is that Jesus, right at this moment (being in Heaven), is divine but yet human???

Yes, and it is not only I who says so, but the universal Church has declared this to be so.
When I say that Jesus it fully God and fully man in every way possible I say this "in unison with the apostles and early church, the medieval church, the modern church, and the future church." As it is declared in the creeds of the Church.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

Perhaps you are right. You probably even are. But like I said whether He was capable of sin or not, the point is... HE DIDN'T!

I still don't think you all understand about the nature and essence that everyone has.

But, then again, I mean who can say conclusively? NO ONE!

I mean, just look at the Crusades. The whole Church was pretty much "in unison" about that one but does that mean they were RIGHT? Then again, does it mean they were WRONG? ... Probably, but that really isn't for us to decide, it's for God.

I think I'm going to a new thread now, as I don't like the hostility that seems to be looming over this one!!! LOL!!!!

Upvote 0

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I still don't think you all understand about the nature and essence that everyone has.
Not to be rude, but I think that it is you who don't udnerstand the use of those terms.
Jesus' nature was 100% Human and 100% Divine.
Jesus essence was 100% Human and 100% Divine.

Upvote 0

allanymarisela

Jan 28, 2007
Guelph Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Jesus was and is and will be again Immanuel, which means God With Us! He did not need to fall in love because he loves every single human being who ever existed in human history. That is why He came from Heaven to free us from our sins.

This is a beautiful question, May the Lord be with you!
allanymarisela

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Doesn't the Bible say that human beings may not enter into the Kingdom??? At least not until God has made them anew???

You may be interested in reading this :)

My father also did not look to highly on my debating the issue with you all because he said in doing so, we were debating GOD, which, as he put it, "is the most dangerous thing you can do."
i fail to see how debating this is debating God :scratch: Provided we're posting here to sincerely come to the truth, this is simply reasoning together to come to a better understanding of who Christ was and what it means to say He was fully human and fully God. I see no Biblical reason why we cannot search Gods Word together to do that. In fact i would say failure to really think these issues through is rather dangerous - unless you are able to stand and defend your ground by knowing what you believe and why then you will run into a lot of problems down the road at some point and you'll be leaving yourself wide open to false teachers to lead you any way they want. Not to scare you, but this is the reality of the church today, if you're not vigilant in guarding your own faith you will face serious problems.

Now if your father doesn't want you to pursue this subject with us any further i won't push you into continuing on - but i would encourage you to study on your own the issues at hand here. Reading books and getting guidance from parents/pastors etc.. is good - but you're the one whose going to be held accountable for what you believe so it'd be good to study on your own as well to get a better understanding of this. Parents, pastors, authors, and Bible teachers can be wrong - which is why Scripture exhorts us over and over again to study these things for ourselves as the Bereans did in Acts 17.

you left with an analogy - but let me leave you with this. You don't have to answer it here but really think this through and study on your own what the Scriptures have to say about it. If Christ was incapable of sin, then why was he able to be tempted? Why did Satan push so hard to try to get Jesus to sin if it was a fruitless endeavor and why, when Satan's temptations of Christ in the wilderness was over, did Christ need the angels to come and minister to Him? There was something in Christ, as a human, that needed edification and to be lifted up. But if this was Someone who couldn't be touched by the temptations of sin the angels were not needed and their involvement here becomes pointless.

Also, how are we expected to imitate this Christ who lived a life without sin entirely devoted to the Father, not because He chose to, but because He was unable to do otherwise? Where is the comfort in turning to a Saviour who cannot really understand our weaknesses and temptations? If the ability to sin is absent there really is no temptation at all. We really would have no High Priest who can sympathize with us and the Scriptures would be proven false because He would not have been tempted at any point like we are.

Hebrews 4:15 says Christ knows our weaknesses because He has gone through all the temptations we face today and prevailed without sin. If you are going to deny that Christ was unable to sin, you'll need to do some serious study to justify to future people you come in contact with on this matter the fact that Christ, who was unable to sin, still faced temptation - which again cannot exist unless the ability to sin exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You may be interested in reading this :)

i fail to see how debating this is debating God :scratch: Provided we're posting here to sincerely come to the truth, this is simply reasoning together to come to a better understanding of who Christ was and what it means to say He was fully human and fully God. I see no Biblical reason why we cannot search Gods Word together to do that. In fact i would say failure to really think these issues through is rather dangerous - unless you are able to stand and defend your ground by knowing what you believe and why then you will run into a lot of problems down the road at some point and you'll be leaving yourself wide open to false teachers to lead you any way they want. Not to scare you, but this is the reality of the church today, if you're not vigilant in guarding your own faith you will face serious problems.

Now if your father doesn't want you to pursue this subject with us any further i won't push you into continuing on - but i would encourage you to study on your own the issues at hand here. Reading books and getting guidance from parents/pastors etc.. is good - but you're the one whose going to be held accountable for what you believe so it'd be good to study on your own as well to get a better understanding of this. Parents, pastors, authors, and Bible teachers can be wrong - which is why Scripture exhorts us over and over again to study these things for ourselves as the Bereans did in Acts 17.

you left with an analogy - but let me leave you with this. You don't have to answer it here but really think this through and study on your own what the Scriptures have to say about it. If Christ was incapable of sin, then why was he able to be tempted? Why did Satan push so hard to try to get Jesus to sin if it was a fruitless endeavor and why, when Satan's temptations of Christ in the wilderness was over, did Christ need the angels to come and minister to Him? There was something in Christ, as a human, that needed edification and to be lifted up. But if this was Someone who couldn't be touched by the temptations of sin the angels were not needed and their involvement here becomes pointless.

Also, how are we expected to imitate this Christ who lived a life without sin entirely devoted to the Father, not because He chose to, but because He was unable to do otherwise? Where is the comfort in turning to a Saviour who cannot really understand our weaknesses and temptations? If the ability to sin is absent there really is no temptation at all. We really would have no High Priest who can sympathize with us and the Scriptures would be proven false because He would not have been tempted at any point like we are.

Hebrews 4:15 says Christ knows our weaknesses because He has gone through all the temptations we face today and prevailed without sin. If you are going to deny that Christ was unable to sin, you'll need to do some serious study to justify to future people you come in contact with on this matter the fact that Christ, who was unable to sin, still faced temptation - which again cannot exist unless the ability to sin exists.
Great post. On both the level of substance and the level of friendliness.

Upvote 0

jasper123

Jan 1, 2007
✟15,393.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some speculate that Jesus fell in love with Mary Magdalen, and even more so, had children. However, you must remember that Jesus is the only pure hearted, sin-free man who ever lived or will live on this Earth. Jesus is God.

Now, I suppose in some sense Jesus loves all of his people; but, he doesn't have any romantic relationships with them. There is not one passage of scripture that says that he loved Mary Magdalen nor any other woman.

So, I am going to have to say: "No". Jesus never did "fall in love".
Christ having children, where is that in the kjv or did
it come from Jack Chick, please explain.
Ron

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.