• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Did Jesus fall in love?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by AllForJesus, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllForJesus

AllForJesus Guest

+0
    Did Jesus fall in love?
    What i mean is not if He fall in the lustful sin (Of course not! i would never think of that!) but what i mean is if He was full human exept sin He would fall in love no? and If He fall in love does it mean that He's not just and that He loved some ppl more than other?
    Please don't turn that to a debate if Jesus sinned or not because I'm sure He did not and I'm sure that even if He fall in love , He did not go one second in that direction.
    Thank you
    AFJ

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JamesTG

JamesTG Junior Member

+4
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Some speculate that Jesus fell in love with Mary Magdalen, and even more so, had children. However, you must remember that Jesus is the only pure hearted, sin-free man who ever lived or will live on this Earth. Jesus is God.

Now, I suppose in some sense Jesus loves all of his people; but, he doesn't have any romantic relationships with them. There is not one passage of scripture that says that he loved Mary Magdalen nor any other woman.

So, I am going to have to say: "No". Jesus never did "fall in love".

3. UBERROGO

UBERROGO Senior Member

+25
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    US-Green
    He fell in love with the Church.

4. bliz

bliz Contributor

+1,017
    Christian
    Married
    I find it very hard to imagine that Jesus never had a "crush" or romantic interest in a young woman as He was growing up and a young adult. He was fully human in every way, except that He did not sin. Being human includes sexual drive and romantic thoughts. Why would Jesus not have had those experiences?

5. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,983
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    :thumbsup:

6. Chajara

Chajara iEdit

+337
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Green
    I have to agree with bliz here. God came down to Earth to live as a man, and being a human body and mind means dealing with all the not so fun things that come along with it. The only difference is that He did not give into temptations and sin like the rest of us do almost every day.

Which means Jesus probably sprained His ankle playing with the other kids, woke up in a bad mood as a teenager, had crushes on girls, had favorite foods and also foods He absolutely hated, and even went to the bathroom like the rest of us. Probably got smelly like we all do after a few days of not bathing, too :p

However, since He's God and made man, He knows how to deal with all the stuff that comes along with it, and so managed not to sin.

7. billwald

billwald Contributor

+28
    Christian
    Married
    "falliing in love" is mostly the mystery of the opposite sex. If Jesus was omniscient then there never was or will be a female or male with whom he does not have intimate knowledge, right?

8. Caleb89

Caleb89 Guest

+0
    Jesus Christ, while He was on this earth was human by nature, but He was divine in essence. This is why He was able to not sin, not fall in love (at least not in a romantic way). He fell inlove with the entire World! That is to say, he was born to love the entire World! Jesus is love!

We as human beings are human by nature, AND human in essence. This is why we are sinners. Not because sinners by nature. Nature simply refers to our physical characteristics. We are sinners in essence. Essence refers to our spiritual or "inward" characteristics.

9. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Veteran

+48
    Christian Seeker
    Interesting thoughts by bliz and Chajara.

10. bliz

bliz Contributor

+1,017
    Christian
    Married
    Whoa! Why was Jesus unable to fall in love - or, to make meaning clearer, have romantic feelings about a woman? He loved the entire world, but that is hardly the same thing as "falling in love" with the entire world. Jesus's feelings toward all humanity was not romantic.

11. Caleb89

Caleb89 Guest

+0
    Isn't that EXACTLY what I said?!?!?!?!? .... Just with different wording?!?!?!?!?!?! :scratch:

12. calidog

calidog Veteran

+54
    Christian
    Private
    He knew how do deal with temptation.
    So, unless there is such a thing as love at first sight, I would say no.

13. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,983
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    He set aside his ominscence to become incarnate. Without doing so he could never be fully human.

Jesus was fully, 100% human and 100% divine, not a bit of each. This particular misunderstanding probably comes under one of the ancient named "heresies" but I can never remember which is which.

14. drpepper101

drpepper101 Senior Member

+64
    Catholic
    There are several heresies that have risen through the centuries regarding the confusion of the dual natures of Christ. You statement that he put away an aspect of His essence as God would clearly show you've stumbled into the same pitfalls as the fellow you're trying to correct.

People, Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He is not subject to the desires of the flesh like rommantic affairs. He shares our humanity, and the essence of that, not our passions and desires. The love of Christ is for all and is pure and without the blimishes of rommantic feelings.

15. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,983
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    However you like to word it, it's inescapable that he put aside aspects of his divine nature.

Sounds rather gnostic to me. He's quite clearly described as being subject to some ordinary desires (without that, the tempations aren't temptations after all). You make him fully God, but not fully human.

Our passions and desires are part of our humanity. Without them we're not human and neither would he be.

You assume romantic feelings are a blemish, rather than the gift from God that they clearly are.

16. bliz

bliz Contributor

+1,017
    Christian
    Married
    Well, (she replied, speaking in a normal tone of voice) I was hoping that when you read your words restated that you would rethink your position or explain it more fullly.

Your Jesus was incapable of fallling in love, something akin to sinning, in your book. So, your Jesus was not fully human, a position that seems to be in conflict with Scripture. It also is a negetive view of romantic love.

17. AllForJesus

AllForJesus Guest

+0
    i kind have the same idea but i was asking is it fair?

18. bliz

bliz Contributor

+1,017
    Christian
    Married
    I forget who the writer is, but he speaks of a stinky diaper God...

Is it fair? To whom?

19. AllForJesus

AllForJesus Guest

+0
    if He fell in love with a gril would it be fair for the other girls?
    i mean He would have treated her diffrently no?

20. Chajara

Chajara iEdit

+337
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Green
    I think that if He were to have a thing for a girl, nothing would have happened at all simply because He had better things to do than engage in courtship. In other words, He'd have mentally slapped himself, said "As nice as this is, I'm too busy doing God's work", and moved on.

At least, that's my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.