Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Did Israel Really Sin for 390 Years?
“And I have given for you the years of their iniquity equal to the number of days: three hundred and ninety days. Then you will have borne the iniquity of the house of Yisra’ēl” (Ezekiel 4:5). Did Judah really sin for 40 years? “When you have completed these, then you will have lain down on you right side a second time. Then you will have borne the iniquity of the house of Yehūdah forty days, a day to the year. A day to the year I have given it for you” (Ezekiel 4:6).

My answer is explained more here. What is yours?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Did Israel Really Sin for 390 Years?
“And I have given for you the years of their iniquity equal to the number of days: three hundred and ninety days. Then you will have borne the iniquity of the house of Yisra’ēl” (Ezekiel 4:5). Did Judah really sin for 40 years? “When you have completed these, then you will have lain down on you right side a second time. Then you will have borne the iniquity of the house of Yehūdah forty days, a day to the year. A day to the year I have given it for you” (Ezekiel 4:6).

Yes. It was horrendous. The Israelites sinned time after time after time. They were bound and determined to even stone Moses. As i studied books of the Old Testament, i was floored at how freely God forgave the Israelites again and again.

(However, i keep in mind that the Israelites represented all of us with a holy God. Man is prone to wandering, to sinning. When i read about the Israelites, i saw "all of us", all of mankind in the Israelites.)

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When you read through the Old Testament you'll notice that many of the Jewish leaders were not right in the eyes of God.
Yeah, remember how God make Solomon the richest man on earth and Solomon worship devils in return for every goodness and abundancy, mutiny on the bountiny.

Upvote 0

Wick Stick

Jul 11, 2018
PHOENIX
✟16,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The linked article lost all credibility as soon as it claimed modern dates (e.g. 1632 BC) were "according to Scripture."

Scripture, of course, does not give any dates as BC or AD or anything similar to that. All such numbers are calculated by scholars based on the lifespans and reigns given in the Bible, and certain Biblical events which can be linked to historical events that can be dated (e.g. Amos' earthquake).

So, whose calculations are you using, that are "according to Scripture?"

Upvote 0