Nj
✟15,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a doubt and this is causing me a lot of suffering, stress and anxiety to the point that I can no longer breathe normally and I have to Pull over on the highway and drink water to be able to breathe, I can't even speak . because my mind is thinking about this all the time and a lot of worry. I have many involuntary thoughts against the Holy Spirit, I have a very great obsession and a fear of committing that blasphemy to the point that I have opened my mouth without saying a word and without thinking about anything, and I don't even know why I did it, I don't know if to confirm that I did not say any word. I am not the same person because of this. I have a 5 years old kid and I dont want to commit this sin. this is causing gray

one day while I was at work with many worries and thinking a lot. I think I whisper the word “make” in spanish. Anyway I stop the phrase right away and I didn’t continue with the phrase and it was not against the Holy Spirit, But that word was in the thought against the Holy Spirit. I was not trying to commit blasphemy I was just losing my mind with all the thoughts and stress that I have. I know that God know my heart and he know everything but I am very scared because I think that God will punish me and I will die for this. I am scared of Matthew 12:37 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

please help me.

Argem17

Nov 4, 2022
Nj
✟15,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
and sometimes I find myself moving my tongue with my mouth closed while having these thoughts, but without saying a word. Because I have the habit of saying with my tongue servant of Christ every time I have a thought, but sometimes I move my tongue perhaps out of habit and this happens to me when I'm at work, it's like something to make me feel bad, and I don't have peace. I am very sad. Is this a blasphemy?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  1. Do you have a home church?
  2. It sounds like OCD. If so, you should see a psychiatrist.
The Church & Mental Illness...

(If it is OCD, isolating yourself is the worst thing that you can do about it.)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't need to worry about speaking a blasphemous word against the Holy Spirit, that is not the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

In its context, the Pharisees had seen all of the miracles that Jesus did and called Jesus works of the devil. It was a state of the heart where Jesus had clearly shown Himself to the Pharisees, but rather than repent of their sins the Pharisees called Jesus a devil.

For us today the cross covers all of our sins, from the day we were born to the day we die.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

So there is no one sin that is unforgivable. What is unforgivable is the willful deliberate rejection of all of God's grace. Not being willing to repent, ever.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I do have OCD, since I was a kid. Is that consided blasphemy what happened to me?
No answer we give to you (about the nature of blasphemy) will settle this matter for you.
And I am sure that you realize how absurd these thoughts & accusations are.
You cannot argue OCD accusations away. You must attack the OCD, itself, if you want it to stop.
  1. See a psychiatrist.
  2. Go to a church that deals well with mental illnesses.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do have OCD, since I was a kid. Is that consided blasphemy what happened to me?

You have has good advise here is some more.
1/ OCD is a mental illness that needs treatment. Jesus does not accuse those who through illness do what is regarded as sin.
Jesus knows your weaknesses, that an illness causes you do do, say, or think what you don't want to. He does not condem you.

2/ to learn to help your self look up the free web site:-
25 tips for successfully treating your OCD.
Please read this several times, learn point 4 and practise it.
please share the site with your parents, partner, minister, friends so they can learn how to help you.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and sometimes I find myself moving my tongue with my mouth closed while having these thoughts, but without saying a word. Because I have the habit of saying with my tongue servant of Christ every time I have a thought, but sometimes I move my tongue perhaps out of habit and this happens to me when I'm at work, it's like something to make me feel bad, and I don't have peace. I am very sad. Is this a blasphemy?
No. It's something else entirely. You're having intrusive thoughts. Very often someone comes to this forum, usually someone with OCD, and asks this type of question.

Blasphemy is purely intentional and deliberate. There's no such thing as accidental or unintentional blasphemy, or committing blasphemy against your will. If you were really committing blasphemy, you wouldn't care, it wouldn't worry you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have a doubt and this is causing me a lot of suffering, stress and anxiety to the point that I can no longer breathe normally and I have to Pull over on the highway and drink water to be able to breathe, I can't even speak . because my mind is thinking about this all the time and a lot of worry. I have many involuntary thoughts against the Holy Spirit, I have a very great obsession and a fear of committing that blasphemy to the point that I have opened my mouth without saying a word and without thinking about anything, and I don't even know why I did it, I don't know if to confirm that I did not say any word. I am not the same person because of this. I have a 5 years old kid and I dont want to commit this sin. this is causing gray

one day while I was at work with many worries and thinking a lot. I think I whisper the word “make” in spanish. Anyway I stop the phrase right away and I didn’t continue with the phrase and it was not against the Holy Spirit, But that word was in the thought against the Holy Spirit. I was not trying to commit blasphemy I was just losing my mind with all the thoughts and stress that I have. I know that God know my heart and he know everything but I am very scared because I think that God will punish me and I will die for this. I am scared of Matthew 12:37 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

please help me.

You in your post referenced Matthew 12, so i see you believing you committed the blasphemy of The Holy Spirit.

Well you did not as no one can commit this sin. So if you want to obsess over something then you need to find something else. As you are wasting your obsession time with Matthew 12, it would be like obsessing over you falling of of the moon.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If you're worried about blaspheming The Holy Spirit, you haven't blasphemed The Holy Spirit. Thoughts & temptations are not sin unless you willingly agree, desire & encourage them. Sin becomes sin when those thoughts turn into an action, whether that action be the willing thought of thinking these things or the willing action of acting them out. To be tempted is not to sin, to sin is to act upon that temptation which is inherently contrary to God.

The blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is the thing that the pharisees committed by calling the works of God the works of the devil. To prove this read Matthew 12:22-30. Those who reject The Son of God blaspheme The Holy Spirit.

I have OCD too, I got mine from PTSD as a lot of people do. Remember that people are judged by their deeds, not by their thoughts. Your flesh is inherently hostile to God and produces inclinations in keeping with that fact. Trust not in your works/deeds but in the works of The One who saved you. You're saved by grace, through faith. As we're all saved by works, just not ours :D.

God bless

Upvote 0

Argem17

Nov 4, 2022
Nj
✟15,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to thank you all for taking a time and helping me, It was feeling like something against my will.

after all of that happened to me I went to my country for vacation and My parents are Christian they were speaking with me and they told me You are sealed with the Holy Spirit, because you were baptized. However they told me that without Them knowing what was happening to me.
No. It's something else entirely. You're having intrusive thoughts. Very often someone comes to this forum, usually someone with OCD, and asks this type of question.

Blasphemy is purely intentional and deliberate. There's no such thing as accidental or unintentional blasphemy, or committing blasphemy against your will. If you were really committing blasphemy, you wouldn't care, it wouldn't worry you.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy is when an act is maliciously made against a person of whom only reverence should be given, in this case, God.

In other words, thoughts that come into your mind, we have little control over, but acting on those thoughts is where sin comes in.

Acting maliciously against the Holy Spirit, is a sin of blasphemy.

You sound like you suffer from scrupulosity. You need counseling from
a pastor or psychologists to help you out of this state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

No. If you are not seeing someone about your OCD, I encourage you to do so. God has gifted us with medical experts in many different fields to help meet us in our needs.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't want to do it, even if someone forces you to do it, its not your fault, God is just, i repeat if you don't want to offend God its not your fault. So relax, you may need deliverance if the enemy attacks you with this.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly want to thank all the people that took a moment of their time to support me, God truly bless you. I feel like I can move forward, my hands are no longer sweating like before and I feel more at peace.
I agree with others who suggest finding treatment for your OCD/scrupulosity, if you haven't already. Even if you can't find a therapist, or choose not to get one, you can educate yourself with books and online resources, and apply the strategies that you learn. OCD can feel debilitating, but with the right strategies, it is very treatable. Here are a few resources, and I can suggest more if you like!
Scrupulosity.com: Faith-based Solutions for Religious OCD - Scrupulosity.com
OCD and Scrupulosity Archives - ACCFS
Christianity and Anxiety Disorders - Let's Talk | Facebook

Upvote 0