• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did humans descend from monkeys? Where is your evidence?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by joshua 1 9, Jul 13, 2016.

1. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    Biology makes absurd claims, I want to see their evidence.

2. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+1,939
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Well, you certainly won't get any evidence for the claim you've made since nowhere in biology is it said that humans evolved from monkeys.

3. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+2,049
    Atheist
    Married
    The answer to your question is no. Monkeys, humans, great apes, lemurs, and all the primates descended from a common ancestor. If you don't know this exceedingly elementary concept, then you lack even a rudimentary understanding of the topic. You need to begin with the very basics of evolutionary biology. The TalkOrigins site is a good start. And it discusses evidence for how species evolve.

4. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    So evolution is not science then. Just a myth that Darwin made up because he had to much time on his hands.

5. 46AND2

46AND2 Forty six and two are just ahead of me...

+604
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    No, he's not saying there is no evidence for evolution...just not for monkeys evolving into man, because that isn't what evolution claims.

Would you prefer, instead, the evidence that man and monkeys evolved, separately, from a common ancestor?

6. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    That seems to be your understanding. So go ahead and show me what you have got.
    Not one atheist on this board believe in the theory of common ancestor.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  7. 46AND2

+604
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Whatever do you mean by this?

8. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+1,939
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    What? No. Your claim has zero basis since the claim that humans descended from monkeys is not a claim that evolutionary science makes.

9. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    Not one person accepts the theory of common ancestor on this board. Adam, Noah, Abraham were all common ancestor. If you reject that then that means you reject the theory of common ancestor.

10. 46AND2

+604
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Wow. Just....wow.

11. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    So you admit then that the theory of common descend is a defunct theory and never was nor ever well be true?

12. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,818
    Agnostic
    Can you prove that Jesus was the son of Zeus, or do you think the Bible is false?

13. Cute Tink

Cute Tink Blah Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,328
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    "Not one person" - does that mean that you don't even accept this?

Or are you not a person?

Try this blatant misstatement:

Jesus was the common ancestor. If you reject that then that means you reject the Bible.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  14. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    Sorry the reference was to the atheists. Because if they accepted theism then they would no longer be atheists. That does happen on this board in both directions. Some atheists convert and become theists and some theists convert and become atheists.

15. joshua 1 9

+1,438
    Christian
    Married
    Sorry common ancestor is not allowed on this board.
    That is the rules established by the atheists.
    Your going to produce evidence some other way.

16. 46AND2

+604
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    No, it was a parody of your stance

17. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean?? It's My Birthday!

+3,748
    Seeker
    Your OP made it look like you wanted to learn something.
    When you make a faulty claim about evolution theory´s statements, this needs to be pointed out.
    Your tu quoque fallacy is completely irrelevant here.

18. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+3,271
    Atheist
    In Relationship

What happened?
    Do you no longer support what your hero, Francis Collins, supports?

Didn't you like always maintaint that you believe whatever Collins believes, concerning biology?

If you want a reminder about what he believes on the subject of evolution, read my signature once more. That doesn't sound like Collins thinks that biology makes "absurd claim", wouldn't you agree?

19. 46AND2

+604
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others

Just because people don't interpret the Bible by taking things out of context like you do, does not mean that we don't have an understanding of the Bible. You remember when you claimed that the running water verse was pertaining to general skin infections, and then I clearly showed you how you were mistaken using nothing more than simple contextual reading?

Remember, many of us were Christians well into adulthood, and have done a great deal of Bible study.

Another example of Christians taking the Bible out of context: calling the slavery that god condoned in the OT as nothing more than indentured servitude. If you read it in context, this is clearly not the case.

20. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,519
    Catholic
    Married
    what the ever living tapdancing fire truck are you talking about?
    So let me, guess, every evidence you're presented with, you'll claim doesn't count, and then, after being presented with hundreds of pieces of evidence, you'll claim no one showed you any evidence?