Did God use sand to create light skinned people and brown earth for darks?

Fiat

Let It Be Done
Sep 5, 2003
Visit site
✟397.00
Faith
Catholic
Wills said:
Genesis 1 speaks of creation of humans from types of soils and the different shades leads to the concept of which types of soil/earth was used for the different groups of humans.

Did God use sand to create light fair skinned racial people and dark brown earthy soil for the dark skinned people?
Hi Wills,

I don't believe God created us with different "soils" of the earth, but the color of our skin depends upon our origins. Those with darker skin color generally indicates that their generations hailed from a southern part of the world, the sun darkened their skin. Those with lighter skin color generally indicate that they are from the northern parts of the world, where the sun is not as strong and did not darkened their skin pigmentation.

God bless and I hope I helped you.

Upvote 0
Wills said:
Genesis 1 speaks of creation of humans from types of soils and the different shades leads to the concept of which types of soil/earth was used for the different groups of humans.

Did God use sand to create light fair skinned racial people and dark brown earthy soil for the dark skinned people?

Genesis 1 does not speak of of creation of humans from types of soils.

Ge 2:7
Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

That is all in the singular, not plural. So God did not make different people from different types of soils.

God made Adam. One man, made from the ground. From Adam, He then made Eve. So physically, only one man was made from the ground. If Eve is borrowed from Adam's physical make up, then it stands to reason she was probably the same color as Adam.

That said, it is interesting to note that the Hebew word "adam" means "red" as in "red clay." It is derived from the word "adamah" and it means "ground/land." It was often translated as "dirt, dust, earth, fields, ground, land, and soil." Check out this verse here:

Ge 3:17
Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.

These words I made bold are "adam" and "adamah" respectively.

So it is quite clear that Adam was named such because he was made from "the earth/the ground." And since some earth is red, and since this word means "to be red" it is reasonable to assume that Adam was not black, was not white, was not yellow, but red. :)

The skin tones that came into being are a simple fact of genetics. I remember whatching a science show that explained easily how all the skin tones could have come from one shade. Im not a scientist, so I dont know how to explain it.

Upvote 0

Meatros

The Meat is in the Middle!
Jun 25, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟8,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Actually, I always thought different colored people depended the color of the stick:

34 "Agreed," said Laban. "Let it be as you have said." 35 That same day he removed all the male goats that were streaked or spotted, and all the speckled or spotted female goats (all that had white on them) and all the dark-colored lambs, and he placed them in the care of his sons. 36 Then he put a three-day journey between himself and Jacob, while Jacob continued to tend the rest of Laban's flocks.
37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban's animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and maidservants and menservants, and camels and donkeys.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=GEN+30&language=english&version=NIV

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Fiat said:
Hi Wills,

I don't believe God created us with different "soils" of the earth, but the color of our skin depends upon our origins. Those with darker skin color generally indicates that their generations hailed from a southern part of the world, the sun darkened their skin. Those with lighter skin color generally indicate that they are from the northern parts of the world, where the sun is not as strong and did not darkened their skin pigmentation.

God bless and I hope I helped you.

The Garden of Eden was not located in a frigid wintry environment since Adam and Eve were NAKED with no clothes for a pretty long while before the sinned.
They must have been very dark skinned then when created in Genesis 1 , 2 due to the SUN'S heat.

Hence how many centuries did it take for the black people of the Garden of Eden area to have descendants migrate to the Arctic and Euro mountains and become white?:confused:

You therefore imply that there were no white people on earth during the Old Testament since their skins were still dark.... and turned white much later when they migrated to winter north zones.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Superman said:
That said, it is interesting to note that the Hebew word "adam" means "red" as in "red clay." It is derived from the word "adamah" and it means "ground/land." It was often translated as "dirt, dust, earth, fields, ground, land, and soil." Check out this verse here:

Ge 3:17
Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.

These words I made bold are "adam" and "adamah" respectively.

So it is quite clear that Adam was named such because he was made from "the earth/the ground." And since some earth is red, and since this word means "to be red" it is reasonable to assume that Adam was not black, was not white, was not yellow, but red. :)
It would be wrong to conclude that Adam was red.
The hebrew Ha Adamah does not connote color directly... it means of the earth and earth is MORE brown than blood red hence you are offbase by stating that Adam was red.

The term black does not describe the frequency of light reflected from non caucasian skin.. it is pretty obvious that their skin is not black , common error.

The color of Caucasian skin is vastly different from earth mud loam etc
People from the tropics DO NOT have black skin, try matching their flesh to
a black painted piece of paper.
It is actually an erroneous color , and the so called black folks are actually various shades of brown, reddish brown etc
It would be ludicrous to state that Adam was a red as BLOOD... we know earth is more brown than blood red.

The people created in the Garden of Eden would have skin tone of a shade of brown possibly tinged with dirt shade... the result of which would be MUCH CLOSER TO the earthy dark skin tone of people from tropical Africa.. who ARE NOT actually black but are erroneously and loosely labelled "black".:)

There are virtually no people with black skin on earth.. most likely never have been.
Various ranges of Brown is the ACTUAL tropical skin color and non tropical people wrongly label the relative skin tone difference as "black".. which is fictional.

Upvote 0
Atkin said:
It would be wrong to conclude that Adam was red.
The hebrew Ha Adamah does not connote color directly... it means of the earth and earth is MORE brown than blood red hence you are offbase by stating that Adam was red.

Um, you misunderstood me.

Please read closely what I said.

The word ADAM means "red" or "to be red."

That word comes from ADAMAH, which means "ground".

They are two different words.

I have read where a lot of scholars believe ADAM is a derivitive from the word ADAMAH.

And that makes sense, if the first man is "of the ground" then I see the logic in God naming him ADAM. So I am not simply saying because ADAM came from the ground, Adam was red. Im saying because ADAM means "red" it *could* be assosiated with the fact, that was his color, which is why the word ADAM took on that meaning. That is logical.

Let me show you some verses that translate ADAM as "red."

Ex 26:14
"You shall make a covering for the tent of rams' skins dyed red and a covering of porpoise skins above.

Isa 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

Lam 4:7
Her consecrated ones were purer than snow, They were whiter than milk; They were more ruddy in body than corals, Their polishing was like lapis lazuli.

Another link is possible, considering there are some types of red earth, in particular, clay. And I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but clay is in abundance in that part of the world. But that is just a side note...

Im pointing out it remains a possibility, because ADAM means "red." You cant prove me wrong anymore than I can prove me right. But to call me off base was rather narrow-minded...

Upvote 0

Fiat

Let It Be Done
Sep 5, 2003
Visit site
✟397.00
Faith
Catholic
Atkin said:
The Garden of Eden was not located in a frigid wintry environment since Adam and Eve were NAKED with no clothes for a pretty long while before the sinned.
They must have been very dark skinned then when created in Genesis 1 , 2 due to the SUN'S heat.

Hence how many centuries did it take for the black people of the Garden of Eden area to have descendants migrate to the Arctic and Euro mountains and become white?:confused:

You therefore imply that there were no white people on earth during the Old Testament since their skins were still dark.... and turned white much later when they migrated to winter north zones.
Hmmmmm, well the bible does not tell us specificially whether or not the Garden of Eden was within a warm/hot climate. We do know by scripture that there was sun as the garden flourished. What makes you think that Adam and Eve were "very" dark skinned? Perhaps the Garden of Eden had a climate similiar to that of San Francisco where the temp is generally in the 70's? If that were the case, their skin did not necessarily have to be "very" dark skinned, yes?

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Fiat said:
Hmmmmm, well the bible does not tell us specificially whether or not the Garden of Eden was within a warm/hot climate. We do know by scripture that there was sun as the garden flourished. What makes you think that Adam and Eve were "very" dark skinned? Perhaps the Garden of Eden had a climate similiar to that of San Francisco where the temp is generally in the 70's? If that were the case, their skin did not necessarily have to be "very" dark skinned, yes?
Going by the facts, Adam and Eve were living NAKED:rolleyes: which is identical to the
human life settings in jungles, non torrid forest and tropical settings of fairly high temperatures.

Brown skin would be more accurate in this regard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums