Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think God sent you your spouse? Meaning did one day the person who became your spouse just showed up in you life? Did you feel that it was God as Work?

If so, how did He do it? Did you just coincidentally meet you spouse? Did it happen through a friend?, or did they just come floating out of the sky with an umbrella?

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe that I met my spouse on a divine appointment. He was unsaved and I met him in a pub, he was pretty rough and ready, but he told me I was different and my face 'shone' What he didn't know was that I had prayed a few days before that God would make my face shine and people would see it!

I knew instantly that he would get saved and that I would be instrumental in it... I had NO idea I would end up marrying him once that had happened. If you had told me then I would have laughed in your face!!

He knew very early o and then he wooed me :D

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
charligirl said:
Yes, I believe that I met my spouse on a divine appointment. He was unsaved and I met him in a pub, he was pretty rough and ready, but he told me I was different and my face 'shone' What he didn't know was that I had prayed a few days before that God would make my face shine and people would see it!

I knew instantly that he would get saved and that I would be instrumental in it... I had NO idea I would end up marrying him once that had happened. If you had told me then I would have laughed in your face!!

He knew very early o and then he wooed me :D
charligirl,

Thanks. This pub, was this somewhere that you went to often, or just someplace that you happened to end up. Also, was this the first time that you had seen your spouse to be, or had you seen him before? Also, at the time were you looking and or praying for someone? If so, how long had you been?

Upvote 0

FervidPrincess

Eternally Bonded
Oct 16, 2003
Midwest
✟8,030.00
Faith
Protestant
Yes, without a doubt God sent me my husband. Like I have stated in a previous post awhile back...

I dreamed of my husband months before I ever met him and in the dream I was shown my future. My dream came true. God did indeed send him to me. We have been married for 16 wonderful years and I thank God every day that he sent this beautiful man to me.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
AngelDust said:
Yes, without a doubt God sent me my husband. Like I have stated in a previous post awhile back...

I dreamed of my husband months before I ever met him and in the dream I was shown my future. My dream came true. God did indeed send him to me. We have been married for 16 wonderful years and I thank God every day that he sent this beautiful man to me.

Angle Dust,

That is an amazing story. In the dream, were you certain at the time of the dream that it was a message from God? Also, can you tell me about you met him. I don't mean to be nosy, I am just curious to see how God works in this area of our lives.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I wouldn't say that God sent me my husband so much as I wasn't planning on marrying this guy.

I met my husband at chuch. We didn't like each other one bit. I thought he was a real nerd, and he thought I was "a ditzy loud mouth chick" (those were his exact words) I was interested in another man and was trying to form a friendship with him, like talking to him after church and stuff. When it seemed the next thing I knew, this other guy and I decided we had had enough of bagging each other out, and being rude to each other, and we went out for dinner (he asked me out - I was so shocked, I went along just because I kinda felt sorry for him he was a loner and a bit nerdy) 6 weeks later we were engaged!!! I have no idea really of how it happened, because he was NOT the guy I would have chosen to marry. I think God really had his hand in it all. Needless to say, I do not think he is nerdy at all, or ugly either. To me he is the most attractive man in the world, yes he is quiet and intelligent, but definitely not nerdy.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mamaneenie said:
I wouldn't say that God sent me my husband so much as I wasn't planning on marrying this guy.

I met my husband at chuch. We didn't like each other one bit. I thought he was a real nerd, and he thought I was "a ditzy loud mouth chick" (those were his exact words) I was interested in another man and was trying to form a friendship with him, like talking to him after church and stuff. When it seemed the next thing I knew, this other guy and I decided we had had enough of bagging each other out, and being rude to each other, and we went out for dinner (he asked me out - I was so shocked, I went along just because I kinda felt sorry for him he was a loner and a bit nerdy) 6 weeks later we were engaged!!! I have no idea really of how it happened, because he was NOT the guy I would have chosen to marry. I think God really had his hand in it all. Needless to say, I do not think he is nerdy at all, or ugly either. To me he is the most attractive man in the world, yes he is quiet and intelligent, but definitely not nerdy.
Wow sounds like God did some major intervention in your case. It's kind of like he said no not that one, and plopped the right one in your lap.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
desi said:
God introduced me to a bevy of beautiful, and some not so beautiful, women. Eventually I chose one I liked and told God I was going to pursue her unless God gave me a clear sign not to. It wasn't easy but I won her heart and we've been together 9 years.
How exactly did God introduce you? How did he work?

Upvote 0

FervidPrincess

Eternally Bonded
Oct 16, 2003
Midwest
✟8,030.00
Faith
Protestant
In the dream I cant say that I knew it was a message from God, but I did realize that it was after meeting him. He says he did not talk about religion freely until we met. After we met he would talk to me about religion very openly and I with him. We have always believed that God gives us what riches we do have and we believe that a loving family is one of the greatest riches a person can be blessed with.

I met him on McDonalds parking lot...I was "cruising" (I'm from the 80's) with one of my friends and he was with several of his friends. He asked me what my name was and after that we talked for a short while. We didnt see each other for a couple of weeks and just happened to run into each other again. We both "criused" the same very small town on the weekends and had never ran into or had ever seen each other before. When I met him it was dark and I didnt see him as well as I would have had it been daylight. When I seen him the second time it was daylight and he was in a different vehicle without his friends and I told my friend "Hey, there's Dave" and she insisted that it was not and I kept insisting that it was. Finally we caught up with him and it most definately was him. I knew it was him the second time I met him because he was clearly the man of my dreams...literally.

....we fell in love and got married...had 2 girls that were also in my dream. God had shown me my future family in my dream...Why God chose to reveal this to me before hand, I'm really am not sure. Other than the fact that it gave me comfort to know that I already knew this man who would be my future husband.

I love him more and more every day and I thank God every day for giving me the life he chose me to have. I love my life. Its a very blessed life with God, my wonderful husband, and my 2 girls in it...what else could a girl want!

Thanks for asking!

God Bless

Reactions: Stanfi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
My answer may be surprising, but I have to say no. I was seeking a mate, and I found someone suitable using Biblical guidelines. I didn't wait for God to supposedly drop someone in front of me. I went looking myself.

This is not to say, however, I didn't pray about the man I pursued. But I trusted in the common sense and wisdom God has granted me.

Apart from the circumstances of any individual decisions, all the tools needed to make decisions are to be found in the Scriptures, which reflect the moral will of God. The Bible encourages believers to pursue certain values and attitudes, and to avoid others. Beyond these regulations, choices may be freely made. God does not micro-manage the life-paths of each believer, but like our earthly fathers do, He expects His children to mature and to learn to make wise decisions for themselves.

And because I sought, from God, wisdom in decision making, I did make a wise choice. I love my husband. My husband loves me. We have a great marriage. And I give God glory and praise. :bow:

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mrstace said:
How exactly did God introduce you? How did he work?
My friend in high school drove me to his uncle's house where his uncle lived with a woman and her two teenage daughters. The word was they were cute and easy. Turned out one was cute :blush: nd the other was too easy for me to bother with.:sick:

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
desi said:
My friend in high school drove me to his uncle's house where his uncle lived with a woman and her two teenage daughters. The word was they were cute and easy. Turned out one was cute :blush: nd the other was too easy for me to bother with.:sick:
Are your sure God was involved in this one desi?!?!?!

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
Wow sounds like God did some major intervention in your case. It's kind of like he said no not that one, and plopped the right one in your lap.
Yes, well and I think the other guy was a bit upset that he missed out. I think he just moved too slow, because it was kinda obvious I was interested. I actually this guy asking if I wanted to go to Maccas after church, somehow my husband ended up coming along too. I think there was something in that too. I remember having this gut feeling that I could choose either of these guys. Over the next few weeks I was having problems with my job and stuff was going quite crazy with my family (my parents house burned down) My husband was the one who would call me and chat for ages in his lunch break and send e-mails and stuff, whereas I continued to see this guy at church only.

After my husband and I started going out, he didn't speak to me again for quite a while and wouldn't even look me in the eye, no matter how many times I said "hello". He says hi briefly now. He is one of the deacons in our church and has to be gracious to everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mamaneenie said:
Yes, well and I think the other guy was a bit upset that he missed out. I think he just moved too slow, because it was kinda obvious I was interested. I actually this guy asking if I wanted to go to Maccas after church, somehow my husband ended up coming along too. I think there was something in that too. I remember having this gut feeling that I could choose either of these guys. Over the next few weeks I was having problems with my job and stuff was going quite crazy with my family (my parents house burned down) My husband was the one who would call me and chat for ages in his lunch break and send e-mails and stuff, whereas I continued to see this guy at church only.

After my husband and I started going out, he didn't speak to me again for quite a while and wouldn't even look me in the eye, no matter how many times I said "hello". He says hi briefly now. He is one of the deacons in our church and has to be gracious to everyone.
mamaneenie,

This is interesting. I was in a similar situation a few months ago. However, I was the guy that lost out. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
mamaneenie,

This is interesting. I was in a similar situation a few months ago. However, I was the guy that lost out. Thanks for sharing.
Oh no, that is really sad, it has happened twice to me. My first boyfriend about 5 years ago, we got together and put someone elses nose out of joint. (a female that time, who really wanted to go out with that guy for ages) ALso, it probably sounds as though I am a flirt I am not, I have only had 2 serious boyfriends, one of them is my husband. Actually I have only had 2 boyfriends full stop. The first guy didn't work out very well because he was a cruel man who hadn't dealt with a lot of issues, that was an abusive relationship, he never hit me or anything, he was just cruel and emotionally abusive.

It made me feel really bad when all that stuff happened, because I am mercy motivated. I really feel for the person that loses out. But at the end of the day, not everyone can get the girl. Also, maybe the person you didn't get to go out with, just isn't right for you. You never know he may have someone else just around the corner. Hang in there. I know now that the guy I wanted to go out with wasn't right for me, he is a very intense man and would find my personality too overwhelming. Also he wouldn't crack down on me and keep me from doing crazy things that aren't good for either me or my son like my husband does.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
mamaneenie said:
It made me feel really bad when all that stuff happened, because I am mercy motivated. I really feel for the person that loses out. But at the end of the day, not everyone can get the girl. Also, maybe the person you didn't get to go out with, just isn't right for you. You never know he may have someone else just around the corner. Hang in there. I know now that the guy I wanted to go out with wasn't right for me, he is a very intense man and would find my personality too overwhelming. Also he wouldn't crack down on me and keep me from doing crazy things that aren't good for either me or my son like my husband does.
Your words here are very wise and true. It's just hard to accept them when you are in the stage between the one you lost, and the right one coming along.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
Your words here are very wise and true. It's just hard to accept them when you are in the stage between the one you lost, and the right one coming along.
Thanks again.
I have been remembering today, that a long time ago, I was the one who lost out. I don't often think about past crushes and stuff, because I see it all as a journey that has brought me to where I am.

Anyway, this guy from my church youth group knew I liked him. I told him one day and he didn't even say anything. I would have preferred the "lets just be friends" speech to nothing. He just stared at the wall and changed the subject. A few weeks later he started going out with someone else. Grrrrr. He didn't even tell me why he didn't want to go out with me. I found it so hard to go to youth group again, and even stopped going to church for a week or two. I don't know if anything permanent came out of it, as I haven't heard about them for a while (I live in a different town now) The worst thing was that at the time I lived in a country town where everyone knew everyone elses business. It got back to me later (a few years actually) that this guy had been going around behind my back telling everyone about my feelings. What a jerk. I am so glad I never went out with him, if that is how he treats people. There is a way to deal with people's feelings and that is most definitely not it!!!!

I am sure your experiences with this girl you had feelings for, will one day be a distant memory but right now it is kinda hard I bet.

Upvote 0