Did God create a perfect world? Is God perfect?

Do you think God is perfect?

• I believe in a perfect God

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • I believe God is not perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen some people on here saying that the world God created was not perfect, and neither is God himself, by arguing that 'very good' in Genesis 2 means only that creation was a positive outcome, not absolute perfection.
What do you think?

Hi Lina,

I personally believe God is perfect, but not because I've measured Him to be so. And as a philosopher, I also think human beings in general have little idea as to what perfection could actually be on a transcendent scale. Sure, we can talk all day about 'perfect circles,' 'perfect squares' and other geometrical or mathematical odds and ends; we can even talk about God's Perfect Will, but we all need to be a bit more humble, I think, in fully realizing the human predicament we are in as non-eternal, finite creatures of mind. We somehow keep making claims beyond ourselves, as if we have some kind of insight into infinite measures. We don't, except for those little tastes of revelation that the Lord sees fit to doll out every now and then.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LinaBellus
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've seen some people on here saying that the world God created was not perfect, and neither is God himself, by arguing that 'very good' in Genesis 2 means only that creation was a positive outcome, not absolute perfection.
What do you think?

The Lord is perfect, his creation is perfect.

Whenever anyone was in the presence of Holy God, they would fall on their faces and tremble in fear.

The Lord is sovereign and everything He ordained comes to pass.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What God did for creation was "very good" from his perspective. I'm going to have to go with his evaluation rather any human's. Some of the people that don't think what he did was perfect are reacting like God is responsible for what we do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God and his work is Perfect.. But when viewed with imperfect eyes, imperfection is seen. When glancing through bi-focals that have spots on the end.....ones first impression is to believe that the spot resides in the picture being viewed. But just a little introspection would reveal that one only needs to clean their own viewing spectacles....now the picture is perfect.

To the pure, all things are pure.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think?

The problem is we don't even know how to fathom perfect as human beings... so I feel we are in no place to judge God. Also the bible says his understanding is infinite and be ye perfect as your father in heaven is perfect.

So yeah he's perfect and the world was perfect as well but...we all know what happened. Sin=imperfect and sin is all over this world. the little g god (devil) tends to have a lot of influence and power in this sinful world we have today.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you think?

The world God originally created perfect now exists in a sea
of sin....much like fish remain wet, no matter how hard they
might work to think dry thoughts.

11 Not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.
13For sin was in the world before the Law was given; but sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

Upvote 0