Did David Duke's endorsement of Donald Trump help or harm him?

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, his father was just arrested near a Klan rally. It's possible he was just arrested as part of a mass group of people who refused to move, although this article still tries to insinuate some wrongdoing or marry it to the "Trump's a racist" narrative going on today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-klan-riot-in-queens/?utm_term=.cdaa54a93de4, they at least admit there's no evidence Fred Trump was a Klansmen and add an update at the end admitting what I just said, that he was likely arrested for refusing to disperse and not because he was fighting police alongside the Klan.
I don't think that they said it was likely, but that it was possible as to why he was arrested.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The video you just linked proves my point. He said there was blame on both sides and not all the people there were Neo-Nazis or White Supremacists, some of them were, some of them weren't. It was the media who tried to make it seem he said there were nice people amongst White Supremacy groups. He never said that.
As I linked in post 20 Trump has the long history of racist behavior. This racism is not the new thing.

Trump long history of racist behavior is well documented:
Trump Has A Long And Well-Documented History Of Racist Behavior

How can anyone who accepts reality make denial that Trump was leader of Racist Birther Movement?

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As I linked in post 20 Trump has the long history of racist behavior. This racism is not the new thing.

Trump long history of racist behavior is well documented:
Trump Has A Long And Well-Documented History Of Racist Behavior

How can anyone who accepts reality make denial that Trump was leader of Racist Birther Movement?

Again, let me remind, I didn't vote for Trump. This is not necessarily a defense of him as it is an annoyance with the media riling up people with manipulation. Anyways, this is just my take on his supposed history of racism:

1) Calling African countries craphole countries - Obama used similar derogatory words, of course, Left-leaning media will downplay it, say it's not the same. When the same point is that these are bad countries for a variety of reasons. Not because of the color of their skin.
2) I looked into the discrimination case, both Trump and his father said that certain people in management took their company's view to not rent to people on welfare as a reason to discriminate against various groups of people, such as blacks, by telling them rental property cost more than it did. However, even in the case files there are blacks who were rented apartments: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/31...elated-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case. There are contradictory claims by employees that Trump personally said to discriminate while others say they were simply told to discriminate based on income and not race. Which discrimination on income is something realtors do. Again, the media manipulating information to make something seem worse than it was or directly the result of the Trump's family influence.
3) The Central Park Five - he doesn't believe they are innocent. So what? Many people don't believe people are innocent in the public eye after they are proven innocent in court. Black people celebrated when O.J. Simpson got off and it appalled a lot of White people who felt he was guilty and it was obvious. O.J. went on to indicate with his behavior he was more than likely guilty and now Black people have egg on their face and disown him because of it. The point being, his believing these males who happened to be five black and one Hispanic were guilty of the crime is not necessarily an indicator of racism. Maybe he is overzealous and refused to look into the facts of the case.
4) John O'Donnell's book - I'm always skeptical of insiders with an ax to grind (plus he had went to work for Trump's competitors) and I'm always irritated with double standards. What you have is a hearsay type of situation. O'Donnell also had an ax to grind as well just like Omarosa does today. People didn't take it seriously back in the day when it was written, now suddenly O'Donnell's book is bulletproof evidence Trump is a racist. Still, people like to cite Trump's Playboy interview when he said what O'Donnell wrote is probably true. Again, I see Trump as kind of a person all over the place and says things off the cuff then later has to retract. He came back two years later probably when he found out what O'Donnell really claimed and denied he said anything like that. Nobody wants to quote when he praises black people tho, go figure, the media only wants to manipulate people one way and not present all the evidence.
5) Criticism of Obama (Birtherism) - I'm sorry, I fail to see how this is racist. Just because a White man criticises the first Black President and has questions about the validity of his birth certificate does not make him a racist. That's reaching. If he said something like "I don't want a Black man as my President" then that'd be racist. Besides, I know a lot of black people who had questions about whether Obama was truly born in Africa or Hawaii. I know some who looked at the evidence and felt something was amiss.
6) The various slurs - are you serious? He called black people "blacks" that's what we are, black people. Some black people don't want to be called African-American, they feel that's insulting. Some want to be called Black American or just Black. he called Mexicans just "criminals?" Really? That's not taken out of context? No, it's not reality that some illegals who cross the border don't commit criminal activity? Yes, it is reality. Yes, some protestors despite having what they feel is a noble cause have started becoming thuggish. As to him kicking anyone off his campaign, I suggest you watch Dorothy's testimony:
One of the reasons she left the Democrat Party and stopped believing the mainstream media is because she was at a rally and then she said when she got home she saw the mainstream media lie about what happened at the rally with a straight face.
7) On Muslims - it's a reality radical Islam is a thing. I do not see this as racist. I know the left wants to paint Islam as synonymous with race, it's not.
8) Criticizing Kaepernick - I criticize the NFL Anthem kneeling protest. What does it do? Nothing, but cause division. I also feel it was started from more media manipulation by making the black community feel the police were hunting them down when that's not true. If anyone goes and looks through history like I did and compare, police had fatal encounters with people of all races. I did a survey on YouTube starting from the time Trayvon was shot up until 2015ish and I had just as many videos of White people getting shot by police as black people, but media made black people think police were only out to get them. Recently I found this website: https://www.fatalencounters.org/, and did a data dive on their database. I discovered that more White people got/get shot by police from 2012 till today than black people. Over the course of those years 1,848 more White people than Black people were involved in fatal encounters with police. Yet, the media made black people think it was the other way around. Of course, there is the fact there are more White people than Black people in America. Still, this is corroborated here: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

A chart I made is attached, dunno if it worked.
PoliceShootingComparisonGraph.jpg

Also, I served in the military, they have a right to protest, but it is insulting to veterans no matter how they try to frame it, it's insulting. There were other ways to go about protesting, plus it solves no problems and it only serves to cause more division and alienate supposed people you are trying to gain the attention of. You should be trying to gain them to your side, not push them away. It's silly. Also, what the media covers are there are other NFL players, many black, who disagree with it. Also, to add it is a place of work. I can't protest at my workplace without getting fired. Why is it different for them? So, he criticized Kaepernick and said he would throw him off the field and fire him. So what.

That video is not proof, it's a smear campaign. Takes quotes out of context, doesn't tell both sides of the story and plays on minority paranoia that there is a White boogieman around every corner trying to get them. By the way, if my post and avatar hasn't made it apparent, I'm a black man living in America. Sad I have to do that just to be "qualified" to say certain things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It’s an interesting question to ponder. No doubt that David Duke’s endorsement of Trump harmed our president’s reputation among liberals, but they weren’t going to vote for him anyway. But what about Trump supporters? Do you think Duke’s endorsement of Donald “Wall” Trump helped bolster support among his existing supporters?

I don't think anyone really pays any attention to David Duke. That aside, all his endorsement did was give Trump's opponents ammunition to use against him.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It’s an interesting question to ponder. No doubt that David Duke’s endorsement of Trump harmed our president’s reputation among liberals, but they weren’t going to vote for him anyway. But what about Trump supporters? Do you think Duke’s endorsement of Donald “Wall” Trump helped bolster support among his existing supporters?

I don't think anyone really pays any attention to David Duke. That aside, all his endorsement did was give Trump's opponents ammunition to use against him.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

I can remember a time during the primaries when "The Donald" claimed that he didn't know David Duke and was unaware of his political affiliations!

Apparently nobody on the Trump Campaign staff had heard of David Duke either, and they were all incapavle of "googling" his name to determine as to who was endorsing their candidate!

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I can remember a time during the primaries when "The Donald" claimed that he didn't know David Duke and was unaware of his political affiliations!

Apparently nobody on the Trump Campaign staff had heard of David Duke either, and they were all incapavle of "googling" his name to determine as to who was endorsing their candidate!
This is another demonstration of evidence that Trump consider the White Supremacist important part of his base.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump could carve the face of David Duke on Mt.Rushmore and it would make no difference .Have we learned nothing? Nothing matters anymore.sad.
This is the good point. Some of those who support Trump do not have the appearance to care. The mountain of evidence is ignored or the excuses is made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because Trump avoided commenting on Duke and his initial statement on Charlotsville all your white supremacy groups became Trump supporters. That's the most significant thing about this as those groups feel that Trump is an advocate. Anything to add to Trumps base.

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It's like you don't pay attention to anything anyone says in response to your claims, instead, you just double down and keep making them? I've noticed you are either from or in Greece. If it's the latter, then I do not think you are aware of the rampant and dangerous division assertions like this are causing among the population in America. Claims that the right is causing violence have been debunked with time alone and the Alt-Left have been exposed as the ones often starting the violence and driving a wedge between themselves and the right. All this stems from the Media's manipulation during and continuously after the election. It's sickening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because Trump avoided commenting on Duke and his initial statement on Charlotsville all your white supremacy groups became Trump supporters. That's the most significant thing about this as those groups feel that Trump is an advocate. Anything to add to Trumps base.

He didn't avoid commenting on Duke. Everyone cites one interview. We don't know if his campaign management knew about Duke's endorsement prior to that. We also don't know if they were aware that question was coming in the interview. Shortly after, he denounced Duke and all hatred. Nobody seems to care about the fact he came out and disavowed Duke and all hate groups.

I just find it interesting nobody cares Antifa endorsed Hillary Clinton and still continues to fight on her behalf since she lost? Especially when Antifa was well-known worldwide. It was amazing that their recent antics have even forced the left-leaning media to softly question their violence while still trying to make them out to be heroes. I also find it interesting nobody points out the founder and organizer of the Unite the Right was an Obama supporter and has very left-leaning political views. To me, that smells like a plant.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's like you don't pay attention to anything anyone says in response to your claims, instead, you just double down and keep making them?
From your post you state Trump is not doing these things when Trump is on the video doing these things. What is the reason of making the response?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From your post you state Trump is not doing these things when Trump is on the video doing these things. What is the reason of making the response?

Do you pay attention to the stuff you post yourself? The video disproves your position. He never said there are "fine people on both sides" instead he said, "both sides are to blame." Again, with recent and forced acknowledgment by the left-leaning media regarding Antifa's violence, I don't see a problem with that statement since it was a fact that both sides came to do violence. But keep believing what you want to believe.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you pay attention to the stuff you post yourself? The video disproves your position. He never said there are "fine people on both sides" instead he said, "both sides are to blame." Again, with recent and forced acknowledgment by the left-leaning media regarding Antifa's violence, I don't see a problem with that statement since it was a fact that both sides came to do violence.
The majority of peoples agree with me. Even in USA alone is 1/2.
Poll: Majority says Trump has emboldened racists to speak out
49 percent of voters think Trump is racist, new poll finds
New Poll: 49% believe Trump is racist

Including America best.
Charlottesville: CEOs quit Trump council over response to violence
Business leaders continue to resign from manufacturing council
16 Members of White House Arts Committee Resign to Protest Trump

But keep believing what you want to believe.

I will join along with most of rest of world including America best in this belief.
Let's drop the euphemisms: Donald Trump is a racist president

Upvote 0