Did comedian Dave Chappelle crack the LGBT edifice?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Citing fundamental facts of biology is one of the greatest offenses that can be committed against LGBT ideology, but perhaps the most dangerous statement made by Chappelle was left almost completely unreported in the mainstream media, and that was his comparison of men dressed as women to white people who wear blackface in insulting parodies of black people.

Women “look at transgender women the way we blacks look at blackface,” Chappelle told his audience. “They go ‘oh, this (expletive) is doing an impression of me!’”

For the whole report, click HERE. I must say it is delightful to read of a star who is willing to speak the truth into a world of woke hysteria.

Continued below.
Did comedian Dave Chappelle crack the LGBT edifice? – Defenders of the Catholic Faith

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sooner or later, reality will kick back at all of this "gender fluidity" nonsense, and it will kick back hard. We're already seeing cases of kids who were "transitioned" as children who are now reaching puberty, and are experiencing all sorts of problems....which are leading to anger, despair, recriminations, and even suicide. It's probably a year or so too soon yet, but can homicide be far behind? :(

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Comedians are generally considered 'one of their own' when it comes to the attitudes of any aberrant social group, so Chappelle has invited a double portion of their wrath upon himself by his comments.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comedians are generally considered 'one of their own' when it comes to the attitudes of any aberrant social group, so Chappelle has invited a double portion of their wrath upon himself by his comments.

Yes, but is that a cause for heaping derision on him, or a cause for celebrating him for his courage?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but is that a cause for heaping derision on him, or a cause for celebrating him for his courage?
I celebrate it myself. A lot of us are getting tired of playing pretend.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,235,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Women “look at transgender women the way we blacks look at blackface,” Chappelle told his audience. “They go ‘oh, this (expletive) is doing an impression of me!’”
Priceless.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I actually wrote a letter of support to JK Rowling's publisher (and got a positive response) in support of her when all those people were attempting to cancel her simply for saying that "a menstruating person" is a woman and that biological sex is real. For all their attempts at canceling her, she is still out there standing strong, and they didn't care about any of things she went through in life (single mother, sexual assault, poverty) even though in ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE when trans "women" aren't involved, they would be claiming to care about such things.

And I got so tired of watching videos on YouTube....and I primarily watch live animal cameras and videos related to art and craft...and people would randomly make some comment about how they still like Harry Potter even though they don't like or disagree with Rowling. I unsubscribed from a few channels simply because they talked more about "woke" stuff rather than the topics of their videos.

It was Rowling and all the abuse she received that *UN*-woke me to all that was going on.

So she did make a difference. A number of people, particularly women, peaked on all the trans-radicalism, just like I did.

The problem is, a lot of people still support the abuse of Rowling and others who believe the same thing, and even though Rowling is standing strong and her voice matters and has mattered, it hasn't been strong enough.

So I'm thinking it's great that someone like Dave Chappelle has entered the ring, so to speak, in support of women and in support of biological reality. Maybe more people will see what's going on and take the whole subject far more seriously because it goes far above any divisions of left and right, religious or atheist or any of those things.

And I have some personal reasons for my views as well. If this stuff had been going on while I was younger, I might have also been pulled into this whole trans thing. While I did like some things that were stereotypically "female", some of my favorite toys were my Tonka trucks that I'd play with in the sandbox, my little set of green army men, my leather holster with toy silver western pistols (probably banned today), and a few years later, my Evil Knievel doll complete with stunt motorcycle, and most of my friends growing up were boys in my neighborhood, so I had the dirt bike and all the "boy things" as well as the "girl things".

I had the impression at the time that boys were better than girls, that boys got to do more fun things without the same potential disapproval that a girl might get from doing the same, and other such things. Had adults been influencing me in the sense of informing me that I actually COULD be a boy, I would have been all over that and had my parents been accommodating of the nonsense, approving hormones and such, it all would have ended up being a HUGE mistake. Instead, I was protected and simply allowed to play with the kinds of toys I wanted, dress the way I wanted (within reason), have play friends that were boys, go hunting and fishing with my dad and all the things and yet STILL be a girl.

Not because of the type of toys I played with or because I wore shorts instead of a skirt or because even though most years I'd wear my hair long, I'd sometimes cut it short, or all the different things that EVERYONE generally enjoys depending on their uniqueness as a person, but because I was (and am) BIOLOGICALLY a girl.

Thanks be to GOD that I was protected because (and I'm starting to sound like I should run out into my yard with a shotgun and start yelling at kids about my yard) I am truly fearful for the kids out there today and what is going on with them in the schools and everywhere because this is something that can severely damage them PERMANENTLY. It's not the same as a couple or three rebellious years or that year they spent wearing purple hair dye. Even a tattoo that you might regret later is nothing compared to this.

And Chapelle is right. It *IS* incredibly offensive to women to have these men claim to "feel like women" when they've never been a woman in their entire lives and believe that they are ENTITLED to define and redefine what a woman is to suit THEIR desires, needs, and fantasies. They'll talk about how "cultural appropriation" is bad, how terrible white women are for enjoying yoga (yes, I got into *that* argument once elsewhere), and yet CRICKETS when men culturally appropriate women in the name of "inclusion" and "diversity." It's the *women* who are hateful for not just accommodating it all in their view.

And then we have the movements of "believe women" when women are raped and abused and yet again CRICKETS when a young girl is raped in a bathroom by a boy in a skirt and then her father is proclaimed a "domestic terrorist" by speaking out about it.

I am literally HORRIFIED by all of this and I am tired of people on the left acting like it's no big deal at best and blaming and cancelling women (even other women on the left) for not keeping our silence like the good, obedient "bodies with vaginas" that we are supposed to be.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Priceless.

I think there's a bit of truth to that. I'll admit that I do feel a little internal intolerance toward trans men. With Trans women, I feel no such intolerance, but my wife does.

I do, however try my hardest to restrain this instinct, knowing how badly trans people are treated here in California. Make no mistake, Trans people are not generally accepted in California, regardless of what the media might make one think.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Transgender" people need psychological therapy, not encouragement. I'm sorry, but there it is.

And anybody who says that any human being can "choose their gender" needs a good swift kick in the behind and a roundhouse swat upside their head. :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Good for Chapelle for speaking truth. What happens is when someone who doesn't have a strong platform and speaks the truth they get crushed by the woke Nazis. But Chapelle is popular and has a strong following so they are finding it more difficult to cancel him. The same thing just recently happened to Joe Rogan. CNN tried to cancel him but it backfired due to Rogan's large following.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I think there's a bit of truth to that. I'll admit that I do feel a little internal intolerance toward trans men. With Trans women, I feel no such intolerance, but my wife does.

I do, however try my hardest to restrain this instinct, knowing how badly trans people are treated here in California. Make no mistake, Trans people are not generally accepted in California, regardless of what the media might make one think.
Nor should they be anywhere, other than in the church coming to sanity and repentance.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nor should they be anywhere, other than in the church coming to sanity and repentance.

Really? You think trams people should be expelled from society in general? Denied employment, etc..?

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Really? You think trams people should be expelled from society in general? Denied employment, etc..?
They are a threat to themselves (self mutilation) and the public (sexual assault and rape in places they don't belong and by faking offense to get people fired). They belong in a psych ward getting treatment. This isn't your LGB person. The T's are something else entirely. I don't want them around me.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are a threat to themselves (self mutilation) and the public (sexual assault and rape in places they don't belong and by faking offense to get people fired). They belong in a psych ward getting treatment. This isn't your LGB person. The T's are something else entirely. I don't want them around me.

While I by no means advocate the "woke" culture, or the LGBT community, I'm afraid I can't follow down such a path, as I find it uncharitable to the human person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

I don't think he said this:
trams people should be expelled from society in general?

One can can state that biology is true and not hate those who are struggling mentally and spiritually.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think he said this:

One can can state that biology is true and not hate those who are struggling mentally and spiritually.

Let's go with that, yes I agree.

Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟146,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the same way that its not fun to make fun of mentally retarded people, it is ok to make fun of people who are 'acting' retarded. Chappell is not specifically making fun of or speaking of folks who actually have different physical parts than we would assume, but those who try to over 'act' or even surgically attempt to change their genetic appearance, when it seems obvious to all their attempt is not convincing and like so many other failed human attempts of being what your not - it is quite often hilarious - admit the obvious.

Upvote 0