Did Christ die the second death for us

T

TrustAndObey

You have already blilnded your eyes to it since you do not believe that ALL means ALL.

Context, context, context. Paul was talking specifically about the first resurrection, and at the last trump.

I know for a fact that the Holy Spirit opens my eyes to things I thought I'd already shut them to, so am I too unclean to teach?

A reality and a truth is teachable. Am I not worthy of that?

You're not "giving" me anything here, except a text you took way out of context.

Come on, I'm not unteachable. It's unfair to give me that label.

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Context, context, context. Paul was talking specifically about the first resurrection, and at the last trump.

I know for a fact that the Holy Spirit opens my eyes to things I thought I'd already shut them to, so am I too unclean to teach?
As by one man ALL have died so by one man ALL have been made alive. If all died then all have been made alive. It is no wonder that Paul calls Him the Savior of ALL men, rather than just SOME men. He is not the Broker but the Savior.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

I have another question...

Sentipente, as difficult as it is to get answers out of you sometimes, I am very glad that you're talking now.

Like anything "new" I hear, it takes a while to absorb and this is no different. Please remember that I grew up BAPTIST brother...hellfire and brimstone, through the ceaseless ages of eternity. Obviously I'm not unteachable or I'd still believe that, and I quit believing it BEFORE I joined the Adventist church.

You've mentioned in the past, although I was totally unclear about what you meant at the time, about Christ not returning because we all had the wrong idea (I'm totally paraphrasing, don't make me dig up posts) and we were misrepresenting Him.

Is this what you meant?

Do you think we should agree on this before He'll come back?

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Is this what you meant?

Do you think we should agree on this before He'll come back?
He said that life eternal is found in knowing Him. We don't know Him if we have a false picture of Him. When we understand who He really is then we won't be looking in the sky for Him but will realize He has been with us all along. It is unfortunate that we are still looking for a sign.

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
✟15,249.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He said that life eternal is found in knowing Him. We don't know Him if we have a false picture of Him. When we understand who He really is then we won't be looking in the sky for Him but will realize He has been with us all along. It is unfortunate that we are still looking for a sign.

So wait u say we get eternal life from knowing Him. So what about those that do not know Him?

Upvote 0

Avonia

Just look through the telescope . . .
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,313.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
So wait u say we get eternal life from knowing Him. So what about those that do not know Him?
Claiming Christianity does not mean you "know God." Not being a Christian doesn't mean you don't.

We often talk about knowing God as if it's an off/on switch. I know God. You don't know God.

Everyone knows God - Her nature is revealed everywhere.

On our path, we hope to look through the glass less and less darkly.

Reactions: sentipente
Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always thought this section of Scripture taught that common sense tells us that a man was not created to breed another man and a woman is not to attempt to breed another woman because it's simply not natural and there isn't an example of it within creation. Against the Natural or Moral Law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just did my blog on this subject because reddogs posted this topic to several discussion forums. I have to admit that this forum did the poorest job of tracking with the opening post. Far to much derailments!

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When the Father turned away from Christ it was this separation that caused His death and thus He suffered the Second death.

Just because Jesus committed His spirit into the hands of the Father does not mean they were not separated it just reveals the faith that Christ still had in the Father and His promises even though They were separated.

I just did my on this subject because reddogs posted this topic to several discussion forums. I have to admit that this forum did the poorest job of tracking with the opening post. Far to much derailments!

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just did my on this subject because reddogs posted this topic to several discussion forums. I have to admit that this forum did the poorest job of tracking with the opening post. Far to much derailments!

I wonder if we should take a poll on what others think of your blog? It is common for a thread to get derailed.

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
✟15,249.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Claiming Christianity does not mean you "know God." Not being a Christian doesn't mean you don't.

We often talk about knowing God as if it's an off/on switch. I know God. You don't know God.

Everyone knows God - Her nature is revealed everywhere.

On our path, we hope to look through the glass less and less darkly.

But still people deny that God exists... also it is His nature not her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When the Father turned away from Christ it was this separation that caused His death and thus He suffered the Second death.

Yet there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the Father turned away from Christ. Nor is there anything to indicate that there was a separation or that that assumed separation caused His death.

And as for the derailment none of the other sites derailed as much as this one. All the same topic yet this one derailed the worse.

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yet there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the Father turned away from Christ. Nor is there anything to indicate that there was a separation or that that assumed separation caused His death.

And as for the derailment none of the other sites derailed as much as this one. All the same topic yet this one derailed the worse.

Who cares.

Upvote 0

Avonia

Just look through the telescope . . .
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,313.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
But still people deny that God exists... also it is His nature not her.
People may deny that your god exists. But there is more to the story.

I offer "Her" for balance. If you think God is a he or a she, you have work to do! MVA, from the standpoint of a traditionalist, has a nice post to offer on this matter.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This article is more on mark then RC's blog.

http://www.newstarthealthcare.com/article.php?id=122

A good example of how they have nothing to back up their position. Worse then that they don't even know history. The article above states:

Which death did Jesus die? Did Jesus die from the trauma of being scourged, crucified and pierced with the sword, or did He die from union with sin – uniting with your sins and mine? Did Jesus die in our place, as our Substitute in the first death so we do not need to die the first death? Or did Jesus die and pay for the second death so we do not need to die eternally?

Crucifixion took many days to kill the victim from dehydration and suffocation from exhaustion. That Jesus did not die from being crucified is evidenced by the action of the rulers. Pilate did not believe that Jesus died the same day of crucifixion.

Actually Crucifixion can take from hours to days, it depends on the condition of the victim as well as the method of attaching the victim to the cross. Clearly since they took down the victims before the onset of Sabbath they did not intend this particular crucifixion to last for multiple days. That is why they broke the legs which prevented them from pushing the torso up to allow breathing, result a very quick death. My article linked to some of those facts in the appendix link.

Upvote 0