Did anyone see the president's news conference?

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Talk about tense. That Jim Acosta has a history I guess. He is there to ask questions and not debate. The way he treated that women instructed to get the microphone was crazy.

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The way he treated that women instructed to get the microphone was crazy.
It pays to look a bit further. See how the momentum (spirit) turned through his comments to reporter Jim about Oprah. Clearly, Jim was feeling a bit pressured to hold his question together after having got distracted by Oprah. I find it interesting to see that although he raised the question, the judgement for the distraction fell on Pres. Trump.

I wonder if anyone can explain why God's judgement permitted strength to his opposer? (James 4:6).

It is 26:23 at the full-length video:

President Trump Calls 2018 Midterm Elections Close Complete Victory, Nov 7 2018

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.. and you look closely at the mannerisms, seeing Jim looking away from the piercing eyes of Pres. Trump as he mentioned her name.. I would rather like to assess what Pres. Trump's gaze looked like, that was so impossible to endure (momentarily).

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw the whole news conference as it unfolded. There was no excuse.
It is better to let God do the judging, as we can see (we are discerning grace, right?).

Nothing happens without cause, therefore explanation. I am interested to understand how these turns are warranted, because there was a clear turn through (who was that reporter before Jim, anyway?)'s jovial spirit that knocked Pres. Trump off balance.

1a) (Qal) to be prudent, be circumspect
1b) (Hiphil)
1b1) to look at or upon, have insight
1b2) to give attention to, consider, ponder, be prudent
1b3) to have insight, have comprehension
1b3a) insight, comprehension (subst)
1b4) to cause to consider, give insight, teach
1b4a) the teachers, the wise
1b5) to act circumspectly, act prudently, act wisely
1b6) to prosper, have success
1b7) to cause to prosper
2) (Piel) to lay crosswise, cross (hands)" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">7919
[e] 12
maś·kîl 12
מַשְׂכִּ֣יל 12
Wisely considers 12
V‑Hifil‑Prtcpl‑ms 12
1a) just, righteous (in government)
1b) just, right (in one's cause)
1c) just, righteous (in conduct and character)
1d) righteous (as justified and vindicated by God)
1e) right, correct, lawful" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">6662
[e]
ṣad·dîq
צַ֭דִּיק
the righteous [God]
Adj‑ms
1) house
1a) house, dwelling habitation
1b) shelter or abode of animals
1c) human bodies (fig.)
1d) of Sheol
1e) of abode of light and darkness
1f) of land of Ephraim
2) place
3) receptacle
4) home, house as containing a family
5) household, family
5a) those belonging to the same household
5b) family of descendants, descendants as organized body
6) household affairs
7) inwards (metaph.)
8) (TWOT) temple
adv
9) on the inside
prep
10) within" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">1004
[e]
lə·ḇêṯ
לְבֵ֣ית
the house
Prep‑l | N‑msc

1a) guilty one, one guilty of crime (subst)
1b) wicked (hostile to God)
1c) wicked, guilty of sin (against God or man)" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">7563
[e]
rā·šā‘;
רָשָׁ֑ע
of the wicked
Adj‑ms
1a) (Piel)
1a1) to pervert (of bribery)
1a2) to subvert, turn upside down, ruin" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">5557
[e]
mə·sal·lêp̄
מְסַלֵּ֖ף
Overthrowing
V‑Piel‑Prtcpl‑ms
1a) guilty one, one guilty of crime (subst)
1b) wicked (hostile to God)
1c) wicked, guilty of sin (against God or man)" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">7563
[e]
rə·šā·‘îm
רְשָׁעִ֣ים
the wicked
Adj‑mp

1) bad, evil
1a) bad, disagreeable, malignant
1b) bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery)
1c) evil, displeasing
1d) bad (of its kind-land, water, etc)
1e) bad (of value)
1f) worse than, worst (comparison)
1g) sad, unhappy
1h) evil (hurtful)
1i) bad, unkind (vicious in disposition)
1j) bad, evil, wicked (ethically)
1j1) in general, of persons, of thoughts
1j2) deeds, actions
n m
2) evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity
2a) evil, distress, adversity
2b) evil, injury, wrong
2c) evil (ethical)
n f
3) evil, misery, distress, injury
3a) evil, misery, distress
3b) evil, injury, wrong
3c) evil (ethical)" style="color: rgb(0, 146, 242);">7451
[e]
lā·rā‘.
לָרָֽע׃
for [their] wickedness
Prep‑l, Art | Adj‑ms

Proverbs 21:12

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He was in attack mode from the get go.
Well, yes he has developed a fragility, and has expressed this to consistent retort since the get-go.

I, too, am not judging his soul. I can't do that without speaking with him first. I am discerning the spirit though, and reporting a visible change in that moment.

I am not pressuring you to answer.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Answer what? I watched it live from beginning to end. I saw what happened. I stand by what I said.
It does seem that I have seen something that you have not seen though. We really do need to be careful in these times, that our lamps don't burn dry (Luke 8:18). The world is convulsing, as you might have noticed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look- be straightfoward. Say what you mean. I don't like games disguised in some weird form of mystical wisdom. Just say it. I started a thread about the news conference and how I disagreed with the behavior displayed. I don't need Scriptures out of context and how you think you can see things others don't. Just say it.

• Agree
Reactions: hsilgne
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
1st see where he's coming from.
For months cnn reported he was going to be indicted for a Russian collusion that hasn't pointed to him.
So basically it's been a false story, one which repeated often and made ppl suspect.

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1st see where he's coming from.
For months cnn reported he was going to be indicted for a Russian collusion that hasn't pointed to him.
So basically it's been a false story, one which repeated often and made ppl suspect.
Slander is the devil's work, and who doesn't hate what the devil makes people do? I am digging in to this knowledge that should be useful to empower we, who face such spirits.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you Michie.
First of all, Trump showed Acosta respect by even allowing him a question. He didn't have to. Especially with the history between the two. THEN, Acosta, instead doing a follow up, like any other journalist does, Acosta starts debating the president apout his answer. THEN, Acosta refuses to give up the mic when he should have.

Can you imagine a fox news reporter treating Obama like that?

Frankley, Acosta should have had his credentials revoked a year ago. The guy is a jerk.

Good on President Trump! FINALLY.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look- be straightfoward. Say what you mean. I don't like games disguised in some weird form of mystical wisdom. Just say it. I started a thread about the news conference and how I disagreed with the behavior displayed. I don't need Scriptures out of context and how you think you can see things others don't. Just say it.
:) .. today I look at this again, and my impression is different - why? Well, first off the shock factor has already gone. It is not new to me, so I am seeing it with more comfort (ie: less judgementalism/objection). That also provides my attention to focus on other details, and one of these details that I saw? Here now, you are objecting to Jim Acosta's behaviour! .. all through yesterday I thought we were both discussing Pres. Trump's behaviour - why? It isn't because of what you said, of course. You can stand by every word you have spoken, so I owe an explanation for the words I have spoken.

I did not object to the behaviour of the journalists, but that of President Trump. It is because I did find his behaviour toward the journalists objectionable - but certainly not unprovoked (as you can hear their words, such as "I wonder if I can tempt you" and "I would like to challenge you". That is what is coming from their hearts - and it's plain to see. I don't judge them for it, because I am not interested in doing so.

But of Pres. Trump I do see something that I do not expect of him - and I say this with utmost compassion and sympathy for how he has arrived to be of that standing. But he was interrupting Jim Acosta and not allowing him to form a question - having been tempted by Jim's words and having chosen to object to that temptation (it is gratification), but not giving turn in speech that is necessary for civil dialogue.

Big problem these days! People are so worked up, busting at the seams with passion. They aren't interested in patient, proper discussion. The media needs to stop hurting Pres. Trump, that's for sure. But look at where they are coming from! .. they are only interested in sensation, they love the big hype and attention they can draw from big stories - and exaggeration is their instrument of choice. Look what would happen if they were to really not jump the gun and spiel things that aren't true: all they would be doing is reporting. Where is the reward for them in that?

.. anyhow, if you go back over my comments with that view, then you'll see where my words have been coming from, and I can own the mistake so you'll have to forgive me for that, and hopefully we're all cleared up and pressing ahead together again! .. but if there is anything else that you think I should say, just let me know.

I always thank you in my heart for all the reporting you do. Great work!

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Talk about tense. That Jim Acosta has a history I guess. He is there to ask questions and not debate. The way he treated that women instructed to get the microphone was crazy.

Glad they ban him from the WH Press Corps. President Trump was great and had much more patience than I would have with the fake news reporter. Make America Great Again!

• Informative
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I watched the whole thing from beginning till end. I have no idea what anyone in this thread is talking about. I'm talking about the behavior displayed.
If it helps, I'm confused too.
But that's nothing new.

Not to change the subject, but was looking to shop for Christmas places that support st Jude childrens hospital for cancer..
Came upon Trump towers.

Upvote 0