Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT!?!? I just now read this! Holy guacamole! Holy shnikees!!! Woah now!? Why was this not made into a thread earlier by Anhelyna herself!? Why the stealth conversion!? I want details! Details! Tidbits! I need to hear the whole scoop here! Thanks be to God!!!!

Thank you :)

Wednesday was the day - in our wonderful little Chapel here in Glasgow. I was surrounded by this wonderful little Community here - a mixture of Russians , Greeks, Romanians and now Ukrainians :)

I'm now a member of the only English language Orthodox Church here in Scotland - and I have to admit I'm still a bit stunned by it all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT!?!? I just now read this! Holy guacamole! Holy shnikees!!! Woah now!? Why was this not made into a thread earlier by Anhelyna herself!? Why the stealth conversion!? I want details! Details! Tidbits! I need to hear the whole scoop here! Thanks be to God!!!!
LOL I was wondering why no reaction from you. ;)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I was waiting to see what you'd say

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ha ha, waiting to see your response may have been the whole reason behind her 'stealth' conversion ^_^

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The very few folk here who knew about it were asked to keep their mouths tightly shut until it actually happened - and they managed it - even the person who had actually met me in real life.

There was an awful lot going on in my life at that time - lots of things had to be sorted out and eventually they were

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh, ahem....why wasn’t I in that elite group of folk in the know?!?:sick::sick::rage::scratch::scratch:

The very few folk here who knew about it were asked to keep their mouths tightly shut until it actually happened - and they managed it - even the person who had actually met me in real life.

There was an awful lot going on in my life at that time - lots of things had to be sorted out and eventually they were

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Next time drop me an IM if you think it’s worth pointing out to ole Gurney! :swoon::doh: I’ve been doing 32 report cards and conferences, dealing with a new principal, meetings, and a wife working a week straight of 12’s...throw Gurney a bone, people of TAW! Dang!

LOL I was wondering why no reaction from you. ;)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
hehe - Fr Matt knew - All4Christ and ~Anastasia~ knew - and it had been intended that only they knew - to help me on the day it was being announced as a fait accompli

One other person realised - but then he was part of the Community into which I'd moved.

I'm honest - we were all looking to see what your reaction would be - and though it's later than we expected - it's exactly what we expected :D

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
hehe - Fr Matt knew - All4Christ and ~Anastasia~ knew - and it had been intended that only they knew - to help me on the day it was being announced as a fait accompli

One other person realised - but then he was part of the Community into which I'd moved.

I'm honest - we were all looking to see what your reaction would be - and though it's later than we expected - it's exactly what we expected :D

yeah, I thought gurney would have taken the bait right away when I posted my intentionally vague thread title.

Upvote 0