✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God!!!
One of the nice things is being able to appreciate the past, how where you were led you to where you are, and even what is good and right in what you left. Acceptance that it wasn't all a mistake or a waste of time.
God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Another note about the Saints in Heaven: in the Orthodox Church, the leadership of the Church does not identify the Saints that will be canonized. Rather, the laypersons around a Saint, who know or are aware that the person was particularly Holy, recognize him or her as a Saint in heaven. The Church canonization is officially recognizing what was first recognized by the people who knew or were aware of the Saint - and by those who were touched by the Saint in some way or another (through the Holiness God imparted to the Saint).

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Another note about the Saints in Heaven: in the Orthodox Church, the leadership of the Church does not identify the Saints that will be canonized. Rather, the laypersons around a Saint, who know or are aware that the person was particularly Holy, recognize him or her as a Saint in heaven. The Church canonization is officially recognizing what was first recognized by the people who knew or were aware of the Saint - and by those who were touched by the Saint in some way or another (through the Holiness God imparted to the Saint).

A4C - I have the feeling that's in the wrong thread :D :D - but it's an excellent description

• Friendly
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you :)

Wednesday was the day - in our wonderful little Chapel here in Glasgow. I was surrounded by this wonderful little Community here - a mixture of Russians , Greeks, Romanians and now Ukrainians :)

I'm now a member of the only English language Orthodox Church here in Scotland - and I have to admit I'm still a bit stunned by it all.

This is amazing! I'm so happy for you!

May God grant you many years, dear Anhelyna!!! :clap:

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aaaaaand it's not just me ;)

GoingByzantine has just told us he was received into Orthodoxy at Pascha :D

Full membership of TAW has just had the pair of us added to the ranks

Dunno about GoingByzantine - but I still have that smile across my face

Upvote 0

Christina C

Sep 23, 2016
England
✟26,752.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you :)

Wednesday was the day - in our wonderful little Chapel here in Glasgow. I was surrounded by this wonderful little Community here - a mixture of Russians , Greeks, Romanians and now Ukrainians :)

I'm now a member of the only English language Orthodox Church here in Scotland - and I have to admit I'm still a bit stunned by it all.
I always wondered why you weren’t EO Anhelyna! Congratulations!

Upvote 0