Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you :)

Wednesday was the day - in our wonderful little Chapel here in Glasgow. I was surrounded by this wonderful little Community here - a mixture of Russians , Greeks, Romanians and now Ukrainians :)

I'm now a member of the only English language Orthodox Church here in Scotland - and I have to admit I'm still a bit stunned by it all.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
that our dear sister Anhelyna's faith has changed? seems someone isn't a guest here anymore....

welcome home!
Glory to God! Welcome home!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh my - now that's a very long complicated and slow journey. From the age of 11 I was exposed to Icons at my RC School and I really appreciated them - the wonder that was in each of them.

I slowly went from Protestant Churches to the 'high' Anglican Church and very slowly to the RC Church - then to the Ukrainian Greko Catholic Church , learning how to chant in Ukrainian [ I don't speak it :) ] and finally after many years I found a little welcoming Community of Orthodox Christians who used English - and I got , for want of a better word , 'hooked'. I'm told that during that first Liturgy in English there was a huge grin on my face - at last it wasn't a struggle to take part in this wonderful Celebration.

I'm now very very happy and my journey to Christ continues

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God! Would love to hear what brought you to Orthodoxy, if you don't mind.

Oh my - now that's a very long complicated and slow journey. From the age of 11 I was exposed to Icons at my RC School and I really appreciated them - the wonder that was in each of them.

I slowly went from Protestant Churches to the 'high' Anglican Church and very slowly to the RC Church - then to the Ukrainian Greko Catholic Church , learning how to chant in Ukrainian [ I don't speak it :) ] and finally after many years I found a little welcoming Community of Orthodox Christians who used English - and I got , for want of a better word , 'hooked'. I'm told that during that first Liturgy in English there was a huge grin on my face - at last it wasn't a struggle to take part in this wonderful Celebration.

I'm now very very happy and my journey to Christ continues

Don't let her fool you. If I may say so, dear sister Anhelyna, you were "Orthodox" in a sense long before it was officially completed. ;) I'm just so happy for you to see you completely a part of your community now. :) What a blessing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh - I'll admit I was on the Orthodox side , if you see what I mean , of Eastern Catholicism for a long time.

My GodPapa laughed at me once as I was heading to one of our Orthodox Parishes here and, as I knew everything would be in Slavonic I reckoned I'd stand out like a sore thumb . He just laughed at me and agreed - but said it would be because I knew how to behave - head covered , get there in good time and just behave as I normally did when at the various Orthodox Churches I'd been to before :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
and, being someone who had discussed this journey with Anhelyna, I been holding my tongue for a looooong time

And he's not been the only one :p

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you :)

Wednesday was the day - in our wonderful little Chapel here in Glasgow. I was surrounded by this wonderful little Community here - a mixture of Russians , Greeks, Romanians and now Ukrainians :)

I'm now a member of the only English language Orthodox Church here in Scotland - and I have to admit I'm still a bit stunned by it all.
How wonderful! Welcome home!

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,899.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just popping in as a feeble Catholic to congratulate my dear friend Anhelyna on her entry into the Orthodox Church.

As you lot know, she is a shining example of 'living the Faith' and has a wicked sense of humour to go with it...;)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ah - thanks - but I've now got a pile of new folk to keep an eye on me. There's a certain priest who has a very wicked twinkle in his eye at times , who is watching me very carefully and has told GodPapa he is still to 'deal' with me when necessary :p

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh - I'll admit I was on the Orthodox side , if you see what I mean , of Eastern Catholicism for a long time.

My GodPapa laughed at me once as I was heading to one of our Orthodox Parishes here and, as I knew everything would be in Slavonic I reckoned I'd stand out like a sore thumb . He just laughed at me and agreed - but said it would be because I knew how to behave - head covered , get there in good time and just behave as I normally did when at the various Orthodox Churches I'd been to before :)

This is sort of like our parents officially adopting the girl that we all considered a sister.

Upvote 0