• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Did Adam and Eve have sex before the fall?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by friend of, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,769
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Probably because it seems like a contradiction, but I have already offered a plausible scenario where it is not a contradiction. That isn't to say that my scenario is 100% correct. It just satisfies the desire for a plausible scenario.

2. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    And there were real serpents with real mouths that spoke real words? I think parts of the story are spiritual and other parts are literal.

3. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Well they didn't reproduce until they had sinned right? They did not have children before that.

4. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+5,998
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    There may have been A serpent who spoke real words - the devil can transform himself into anything.

5. Sabertooth

+4,769
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That is what the OP was asking about. A totally healthy woman (like Eve) still cannot get pregnant until she ovulates. By today's standards, that can take as long as a month.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  6. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I have never seen a talking animal besides a parrot and I guess that could've been Satan but he just wanted a cracker.

7. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+5,998
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    No, neither have I.
    But I've never seen Satan either - I don't know who, and what, he can speak through.
    In the beginning, in the garden, Satan is depicted as a serpent - in Revelation, Satan is depicted as a great serpent, Revelation 12:9, Revelation 20:2.

That doesn't mean that all serpents are Satan, nor that they will speak.

8. genez

genez Contributor Supporter

+1,919
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution
    But how could she know what pain was before the fall? It could not be like what we can know after the fall. How could she have a concept of what pain is? How could she be told that she would have the pain of child bearing greatly increased?

9. genez

+1,919
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution

10. adderbolt

adderbolt Active Member

+202
    United States
    Reformed
    Divorced
    “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing"

Multiplying the number zero number results in a zero answer. So Eve (women) could expect some (a certain amount of) pain during childbearing before the fall.

Does not mean that there was childbearing before the fall.

11. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,630
    Christian
    Private
    Another paradox of the account. Does it help to bring up that if Moses wrote these things down he does so 2500 years after they take place? The account is told to post-exodus Hebrews who already know what pain this the audience the account is meant for. It has a goal and each detail builds to that goal and thats all we can get out of the account. Details not listed have no value and are unimportant.

12. genez

+1,919
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution

Agreed.... what most likely amounted to what we would call "discomfort" before the fall, was greatly increased after the fall. Discomfort in paradise was probably considered pain before the fall. They had to have some sort of concept of pain in order to be told that.

Maybe Adam one day got wedged between some branches while climbing a tree, and what he was experiencing the Lord defined for him to add to his vocabulary. "Pain."

13. mreeed

mreeed shalom...

+52
    Christian
    Private
    Of course they knew what they saw, but the idea of being naked as opposed to being covered was outside of their realm of experience. I've heard it said that they had a type of glory (which may have served for a covering of sorts?) which was taken away after the fall, don't know where this teaching comes from, maybe SDA?

14. Sabertooth

+4,769
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    [​IMG] (Yeah, but Satan is the father of all "lyres...!") :sorry:

15. genez

+1,919
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution
    In Genesis 1:27 there were no bodies yet created. What was created in the Hebrew meant that God created the souls "out from nothing." Male and female souls. But? The body for those souls were not provided not until we read Genesis 2. And, the Hebrew states explicitly that the body was not created out from nothing like we see the male and female souls being created in Genesis 1:27. Instead of the body being created 'out from nothing' [bara] - we see the Hebrew word 'jatsar' which holds a different meaning of God creating man in His image. What 'jatasr' indicates to those who know Hebrew is that the Lord took something that had been created out from nothing (the earth) and with it 'molded and formed' a lifeless body. A body that the Lord had to breath a soul into the nostrils to be made alive.

Too much for you? Its true. Please don't try to bluff around what I stated. You'll be missing some great insight into God's Word if you do. On day six God created the male and female souls of man. Its the invisible soul that was created in His image, not the body.

Now go ahead... butcher what I said. :holy: I hope that will not be the case.

16. Sabertooth

+4,769
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  17. genez

+1,919
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution
  18. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,560
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    About 3 hrs and 12 minutes. It was a new record!

19. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,560
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I think unless there was a retroactive re-tooling following the fall (which I do consider to be possible), I'm going to have to come down on the side of a pre-fall uterus.

PMS was definitely post-fall, if I had to put my money somewhere.

20. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I don't think Adam and Eve had children before the fall. I mean scripture really doesn't say. BUT why would she say, "With the Lord's help I have produced a man!" Is it possible she had girls before the fall? I don't know...maybe she had a boy after the fall because of the seed? It's something about genealogy that makes me think about the male side being used more than the maternal side. My brain is foggy on this subject lol.
    If God knew..and he did...man would reproduce..they had reproductive organs. (To me)
    I just started studying Genesis...its very vague in alot of areas. We just don't know lol.