Did Adam and Eve have children before the first sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK4G

Dec 4, 2006
✟7,660.00
Faith
Protestant
I spoke to various people about this and they all said that Adam and eve had children before they sinned...

but
If they did have children before the first sin, that would mean that there were people in the world that would have been born sin-less (the ppl who were born prior to adam and eve sinning- thus were not born with the 'original sin')..if they were sinless they would be immortal - (cause sin made adam and eve mortal) and having no need for salvation through Jesus...

Adam and Eve having children PRIOR to the first sin, would be extremely difficult to reconcile with the whole notion of christianity. Because it would mean that there were people without sin in the garden of eden but were expelled due to the sins of others (i.e. adam and eve)...that doesnt make sense....it would only make sense if Adam and Eve both ate the fruit from the tree of good and evil and gave the fruit to all of their offspring as well...

is there an answer to this in the bible?

Last edited:
B

Benoni

I spoke to various people about this and they all said that Adam and eve had children before they sinned...

but
If they did have children before the first sin, that would mean that there were people in the world that would have been born sin-less (the ppl who were born prior to adam and eve sinning- thus were not born with the 'original sin')..if they were sinless they would be immortal - (cause sin made adam and eve mortal) and having no need for salvation through Jesus...

Adam and Eve having children PRIOR to the first sin, would be extremely difficult to reconcile with the whole notion of christianity. Because it would mean that there were people without sin in the garden of eden but were expelled due to the sins of others (i.e. adam and eve)...that doesnt make sense....it would only make sense if Adam and Eve both ate the fruit from the tree of good and evil and gave the fruit to all of their offspring as well...

I guess you are asking a logical qustion, but Genesis gives a lot of hidden information; but nothing mentioned about children before the fall. A good question would be who is Adam? A simple man or a son of God?

Upvote 0

BK4G

Dec 4, 2006
✟7,660.00
Faith
Protestant
I guess you are asking a logical qustion, but Genesis gives a lot of hidden information; but nothing mentioned about children before the fall. A good question would be who is Adam? A simple man or a son of God?

i dont know...

and i dont think its really relevant to my question

Upvote 0

beloved57

Jun 16, 2006
✟4,663.00
Faith
Calvinist
A good question would be who is Adam? A simple man or a son of God?

adam was both, he was the first man naturally speaking and He was a direct creation of God from the ground and this being of the first directly created man from the ground by the power of God he was a son of God..

lk 3:

38Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

However adam was a type and figure of him whom was to come, who was Gods only uniquly begotten Son, who was born out of God, he was actually the first man born?

job 15:

7Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?

Jesus therefore was the son of God in this way too..

Upvote 0

beloved57

Jun 16, 2006
✟4,663.00
Faith
Calvinist

but

No adam and eve did not have any children before cain..

It was Gods purpose to have a godly seed however from the beginning..

mal 2:

15And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth

Of course this purpose was not frustrated at all because He has a godly seed through election of grace..

Upvote 0

Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,434.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
The crux of the matter is this: is the Bible's account true or not? If the Bible is a product of Holy Spirit or literally "God-breathed" then everything in it happened just as it is written or as in the case of some prophecies are still to happen. The Bible although written by men, is not a product of man's wishful thinking and aspirations.

So no children were born to Adam and Eve until, sadly, after the fall from grace. That is why Genesis 3:15, the first Bible prophecy, is so important to all of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟183,401.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rom 5:12, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: KJV

I believe the clear (and necessary) inference of Rom 5:12 is that all men were (federally speaking) in Adam at the time of his transgression, thereby sharing in his sin and guilt. If there were some born before Adam fell, then Rom 5:12 would not be accurate.

Blessings

Upvote 0

rmered3382

Wish I could post more
Aug 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟7,756.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

but

I guess I have never heard this at all. Did your friends give any evidence, or is it just their thought?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.