Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
More information demonstrating that as Trump played checkers, Putin played chess. This from an outspoken Republican and Trump supporter. Between this debacle and Trump's remarkable failure to orchestrate the end of Obamacare even though he had a Republican House and Senate, it is becoming impossible to take this President seriously. I feel bad for the people that supported him instead of the more decent candidates the Republicans had to choose from, they must feel awful.

"There was a very serious effort made by (Russian President Vladimir) Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic, fundamental democratic processes," Cheney said at the Economic Times Global Business Summit in New Delhi, India. "In some quarters that would be considered an act of war."
Cheney also warned of Russian military aggression and the potential destabilization Putin could bring."

Cheney: Putin made 'a very serious effort' to interfere in US election - CNNPolitics.com

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dick Cheney -

War criminal who should be tried at the Hague for his crimes against the Iraqi people. I wouldn't paper a parakeet's cage with a printout of his speeches for fear it would poison the poor budgie.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dick Cheney -

War criminal who should be tried at the Hague for his crimes against the Iraqi people. I wouldn't paper a parakeet's cage with a printout of his speeches for fear it would poison the poor budgie.

Well, that's a Trump supporter for ya.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's a Trump supporter for ya.

?????????? Really ?????????? Most Trump supporters I know think Dick Cheney and all his red-neck Conservative buddies are wonderful.

Did you mean to say "Obama Supporter" and your fingers got somehow confused at the keyboard?

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
?????????? Really ?????????? Most Trump supporters I know think Dick Cheney and all his red-neck Conservative buddies are wonderful.

Did you mean to say "Obama Supporter" and your fingers got somehow confused at the keyboard?

Breathe.

I was saying that Dick Cheney was/is a Trump supporter.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Breathe.

I was saying that Dick Cheney was/is a Trump supporter.

Oh....okay. Got it!

BTW - I supported Trump, but only because I didn't want Hilary anywhere near the White House. Trump is beginning to look like a disaster, and I was the one telling people to "give him the benefit of the doubt."

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh....okay. Got it!

BTW - I supported Trump, but only because I didn't want Hilary anywhere near the White House. Trump is beginning to look like a disaster, and I was the one telling people to "give him the benefit of the doubt."
kudos on honesty. I hope you don't take it personally when a bunch of us start I told you soing.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
kudos on honesty. I hope you don't take it personally when a bunch of us start I told you soing.

I'll try to take it like a man.

Honestly, though, with Hilary making threats to the Christian faith, and the overall corruption of the Clinton Crime Syndicate, what was I supposed to do? I'm not asking that rhetorically. What should I have done? Sit it out?

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Honestly, though, with Hilary making threats to the Christian faith, and the overall corruption of the Clinton Crime Syndicate, what was I supposed to do? I'm not asking that rhetorically. What should I have done? Sit it out?

I appreciate your honesty. Regarding what anyone should do or have done, that's hard to say, but I don't think most Trump voters paid sufficient attention to his demonstrated lack of sincerity about virtually /any/ issue. I know what Clinton thought about healthcare, and abortion, and our alliances, and yes, Russia. I didn't and do not know what Trump thinks about any of those things, zero consistency in his statements. That frightens me more than even a Clinton Presodency did. I don't hold much against those who voted Trump in November, but I'll never understand any person that voted for him in the primaries. There was not a worse Republican running.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your honesty. Regarding what anyone should do or have done, that's hard to say, but I don't think most Trump voters paid sufficient attention to his demonstrated lack of sincerity about virtually /any/ issue. I know what Clinton thought about healthcare, and abortion, and our alliances, and yes, Russia. I didn't and do not know what Trump thinks about any of those things, zero consistency in his statements. That frightens me more than even a Clinton Presodency did. I don't hold much against those who voted Trump in November, but I'll never understand any person that voted for him in the primaries. There was not a worse Republican running.

Cruz was my guy in the primaries.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry Mikey but were talking about Dick Chaney here.

This is a man so evil that when he shot one of his friends in the face during a quail hunt the friend apologized for getting in the way Dick Chaney's shot.

This guy would go to war over glass of spilled milk.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm unaware of any threats against the Christian faith made by Hillary, and as far as crime syndicates go, look at the cabinet in charge now. That'll be another I told you so, I'm fairly confident.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry Mikey but were talking about Dick Chaney here.

This is a man so evil that when he shot one of his friends in the face during a quail hunt the friend apologized for getting in the way Dick Chaney's shot.

This guy would go to war over glass of spilled milk.
Well, the milk should know better. If you belong to Dick Cheney, don't spill. It is as simple as that.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm still of the opinion that while Trump promised to be inept and self serving, Cruz promised to be actively evil. That said, The GOP hasn't fielded a candidate could genuinely support since McCaine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm unaware of any threats against the Christian faith made by Hillary, and as far as crime syndicates go, look at the cabinet in charge now. That'll be another I told you so, I'm fairly confident.

You obviously were not paying attention during the campaign. She made it quite clear that in the contention between traditional Christian morality and the homosexualist agenda, the Christians "are going to have to change" in her own words. That is a veiled threat, for people like her, once they get in power, use that power to make sure that such changes occur.

As for the issue of crime syndicates running the country, I am inclined to agree with you. I was hoping that Trump would be different and be a "man of the people" but it is becoming clear that it is just more of the "same old same old" for the rich and powerful elites in DC. There is not a one of them in DC who gives a rat's patootie about any one of us. All they say is nicey nice to get elected and then it is back to broken promises and business as usual.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You obviously were not paying attention during the campaign. She made it quite clear that in the contention between traditional Christian morality and the homosexualist agenda, the Christians "are going to have to change" in her own words. That is a veiled threat, for people like her, once they get in power, use that power to make sure that such changes occur.
I'm sorry, I don't see a policy of "live and let live" as a threat against Christianity
As for the issue of crime syndicates running the country, I am inclined to agree with you. I was hoping that Trump would be different and be a "man of the people" but it is becoming clear that it is just more of the "same old same old" for the rich and powerful elites in DC. There is not a one of them in DC who gives a rat's patootie about any one of us. All they say is nicey nice to get elected and then it is back to broken promises and business as usual.
The important thing is to learn from mistakes. It's the people who will cling to Trump and insist he's a great leader as the whole edifice of state burns around them that I have a problem with. There's plenty of them around here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I don't see a policy of "live and let live" as a threat against Christianity
The important thing is to learn from mistakes. It's the people who will cling to Trump and insist he's a great leader as the whole edifice of state burns around them that I have a problem with. There's plenty of them around here.

By any chance would you happen to be a Democrat?

I don't see destroying the lives of people because they will not participate in a gay wedding, which offends their conscience, as a good example of "live and let live." I do, however, see that as pretty much SOP for Democrat politicians, many of whom have made no secret of how they despise Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Former paid up member of the Australian conservative part. Even accused of being an extremist on occasion.
I don't see destroying the lives of people because they will not participate in a gay wedding, which offends their conscience, as a good example of "live and let live."
No one has to participate in a gay wedding if they don't want. Of course, that is, as private citizens. As public businesses, however... I mean I, personally, am quite racist. I wouldn't dream of denying service to a member of one of the races I'm prejudiced against, no matter my conscience.
I do, however, see that as pretty much SOP for Democrat politicians, many of whom have made no secret of how they despise Christianity.
If you say so. I don't see it. Not least because most Democrat politicians, IIRC, are Christians.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't see destroying the lives of people because they will not participate in a gay wedding, which offends their conscience, as a good example of "live and let live." I do, however, see that as pretty much SOP for Democrat politicians, many of whom have made no secret of how they despise Christianity.

I would never force someone to participate in a gay marriage if they didn't want to. I don't think any reason anyone would. I just don't think baking a cake can be reasonably defined as "participation". Rather it's denial of service based on an arbitrary prejudge and that's illegal.

• Agree
Upvote 0