SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Diapers, Cereal and, Yes, Toilet Paper Are Going to Get More Expensive
Procter & Gamble is raising prices on items like Pampers and Tampax in September. Kimberly-Clark said in March that it will raise prices on Scott toilet paper, Huggies and Pull-Ups in June, a move that is “necessary to help offset significant commodity cost inflation.”
Before the virus hit, retailers often absorbed the cost when suppliers raised prices on goods, because stiff competition forced retailers to keep prices stable. The pandemic changed that.

It created chaos and confusion in global shipping markets, leading to shortages and price increases that have cascaded from factories to ports to stores to consumers. When the pandemic hit, Americans’ shopping habits shifted rapidly — with people spending money on treadmills and office furniture instead of going out to eat in restaurants and seeing movies at theaters.

This, in turn, put enormous pressure on factories in China to produce these goods and ship them across the Pacific in containers. But the demand for shipping outstripped the availability of containers in Asia, yielding shortages that resulted in higher shipping costs.

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess this means food banks will have to carry far more diapers and toilet paper. Food stamp buy food but not those items. Can you see the poor without toilet paper or diapers?
Yes I can see people having to go back to cloth diapers and news paper. I remember those days.^_^

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you start handing out trillions of dollars in a stagnated economic situation it tends to make each dollar out there worth much less apiece. Everything is going to cost much more going forward.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I can see people having to go back to cloth diapers and news paper. I remember those days.^_^

My girlfriend once while exhausted accidentally pinned er daughter while pinning on her diaper. She created after this Velcro washable cloth diapers. She a gifted sewer and made some for me years ago. Maybe those in sewing ministries should consider creating these and giving them to the food shelters.

As for toiletries I have a story from the same girl. Newly divorced with two baby girls and no job she found her without toiletries (or newspaper). Devastated and a new Christian she packed her crying children into her car and drove out in the pouring rain to pray (it was night). She did this because when she drove they always fell asleep and she felt closer to G-d without their crying and demanding her attention.

They did fall asleep even as the rain poured on. She was driving and praying when suddenly she heard, "stop the car" loudly in her head. It was as if someone beside her said that but beside two sleeping children there was no one there. She did stop that car.

The just as loudly she heard, "get out". She thought, "it raining are you crazy but then she heard that vice again and did what it said. Once out of the car she heard, "open one of the bags. There were several garbage bags tied up by the side of the road.

Still feeling crazy and getting wetter and wetter she went over and opened the first bag. It had toilet paper, soup, shampoo everything she needed. she quickly closed it and checked on the girls. Still sleeping.

So she closed the bag and hurried to the well lit house and rang the bell. a man opened the door and she asked about the begs she opened. hew said, "Oh they are full of my dad's stuff, he died and we don't use any of that stuff. Take them all if you want them.

She did and they lasted her till she got that job! This early act of kindness from Above helped cement her faith in G-d Who even concerns with the "little things".

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
When you start handing out trillions of dollars in a stagnated economic situation it tends to make each dollar out there worth much less apiece. Everything is going to cost much more going forward.
The price of goods has absolutely nothing to do with trillion aid packages. It's laid out in the article.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The price of goods has absolutely nothing to do with trillion aid packages. It's laid out in the article.

I disagree with both of you. When the money supply is artificially increases by trillions inflation is inevitable.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I disagree with both of you. When the money supply is artificially increases by trillions inflation is inevitable.
The increase in price is not related to inflation, it is about increased demand and limited supply in fulfilling that demand. Companies had to eat the cost at first and are now increasing prices as things have stabilized. This also happened when gas prices hit record highs in the late 2000s, commodity prices went up (often in the form of same price, less product).

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The increase in price is not related to inflation, it is about increased demand and limited supply in fulfilling that demand. Companies had to eat the cost at first and are now increasing prices as things have stabilized. This also happened when gas prices hit record highs in the late 2000s, commodity prices went up (often in the form of same price, less product).

Inflation is caused by increased demand with limited supply. Economics 101.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Inflation is caused by increased demand with limited supply. Economics 101.
So now we're moving the goal posts, you were talking about deficits and government spending, now you're trying to say it was about supply and demand... you agree with the article, so you can put your government spending canard to rest. :yawn:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums