• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Diagnosed with type 2 a month

sharonatim

Apr 30, 2012
Entebbe
✟7,652.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
hello friends, i was recently diagnosed with type 2 about a month ago. I was in shock and just broke down. I could not believe it. I was torn and shuttered but thankfully am managing with my family here. I was put on Metformin 500mg 1*3 and Glubenclamide 5mg 1*2.The problem am facing now is buying the drugs which are very expensive. I sometimes have had to skip a dose simply because am unable to buy drugs. Am unemployed and so are my parents. I try to do small exercise like go for 20 minute walks. I would like to make friends so that we can always encourage each other. I also pray to get a job so that i can look after myself. God bless you all.

PetsR4Me

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. My husband reversed his Type II Diabetes in one month. We cut out all processed foods, particularly the store bought breads, cereals, chips, cookies, etc. I cooked kind of from scratch... bought just the basics, a little meat, lots of fruits & veggies and a little dairy, like milk and cheese. I do a lot of crock-pot cooking and make my own breads and such from grain that I grind. Diet wasn't the only thing that reversed it though. He had to exercise daily, like walk for 25 minutes. AND drink lots of water, not coffee, not tea, but water.

What has your lifestyle been? Just curious.

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
hello friends, i was recently diagnosed with type 2 about a month ago. I was in shock and just broke down. I could not believe it. I was torn and shuttered but thankfully am managing with my family here. I was put on Metformin 500mg 1*3 and Glubenclamide 5mg 1*2.The problem am facing now is buying the drugs which are very expensive. I sometimes have had to skip a dose simply because am unable to buy drugs. Am unemployed and so are my parents. I try to do small exercise like go for 20 minute walks. I would like to make friends so that we can always encourage each other. I also pray to get a job so that i can look after myself. God bless you all.

Awww u r on disability for this right? ur parents can get on access program from dcf? and go to ur local salvational army for help?? and get help for ur D2
as well.. may God help u with ur heslth issue... consulting with ur family dr with ur parents is vital. Being ur whole is unemp.led you all my quickly be approved for the access program letting them know u have D2 that also includes disability.. easter seals may also help ur health issue as well... st. Vencent depaul church can help ad well.. :) hey btw sharinatim

Upvote 0
May 25, 2012
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made a facebook page that has lots of stories of people reversing their type 2 diabetes and improving their type 1 diabetes by eating a low-fat plant-based diet--thus, no drugs necessary. There are articles, books, video links etc there. You can find it at facebook com/healingdiabetes. All the best to you!

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

At least with type 2 you can maybe with a little bit of luck control it with diet control and working out. Whats your 1AC for the past 90 days? That gives you an average to work from.:idea:

Upvote 0

betty129

Apr 7, 2014
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi everybody this is Betty...Even though i don't have diabetes ma hubby has and he takes insulin everyday . He was diagnosed diabetes last year on the world diabetes day thanks to the initiatives taken by International Diabetes Federation which we came through website HOLIDAY BUZZ.i think whole community with diabetes are grateful to Frederick Banting who gave insulin to the world.....

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My husband was just pronounced cured of his type 2 after loosing 90 lbs while on Metformin--My A1C was 6.8-6.9--not on any meds for it. I started taking 1700 of cinnamon bark twice a day--my last A1C was 5.9. I did nothing else as far as diet or other meds or supplements.(though I do also take Alpha Lipoic Acid)I am quite overweight due to many health issues which render me unable to exercise. My husband was taken off the Met and promptly gained 15 lbs, he was put back on it, but taking less.

Upvote 0

michaela89

Jul 21, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I've been diagnosed with Type 2 as well but its not so severe that I need medication. I've been told by my primary care provider that by controlling my weight and limited the processed foods and sugars, I can get my type 2 under control. Best of luck - i'll keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silversarah

Sep 9, 2014
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for you to here this news! this is really imported it could be life changing! Maybe this can help you with type 2 diabetes. I would suggest you can at least try it. I know raw food people who have reversed type2 diabtes with a dieet based on raw food, healthy food, seeds, dades etc etc anything not including processed food and white sugar, only natural fruit sugars, vitamines, minerals, cereals ( whole) en certain other foods to avoid who are not healthy for you in the first place. Some famous raw food people on you tube, mimi kirk ( wich is 70 years old and eating healthy has saved her from many things that come with age) and look great by eating healthy. Also this person: bibi zambrano on youtube her story about food and reversing diabetes.
please take the time to have a look at this and try this as a healing apportunity!!! You can at least try it!!! god blessings hope you will heal soon !!

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well Silver, I'd forgotten about this thread truthfully!

The wife and I are on the Medifast diet; so far, God has allowed me to lose 12 pounds, and I have taken no Metformin, Glipaside, Insulin, or Lantus in the past 12 days. If I continue to lose weight, and stick right to the diet I should be good to go after losing another 65 pounds.

I thank you however for the "heads up"

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well Silver, I'd forgotten about this thread truthfully!

The wife and I are on the Medifast diet; so far, God has allowed me to lose 12 pounds, and I have taken no Metformin, Glipaside, Insulin, or Lantus in the past 12 days. If I continue to lose weight, and stick right to the diet I should be good to go after losing another 65 pounds.

I thank you however for the "heads up"

Good job.

Upvote 0