• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Diabetic + Acid Reflux = Questions

RPicking

Mar 3, 2009
United States
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This past weekend I had an episode of pains in my stomach and chest that came and went starting on Saturday and Sunday. I went to work on Monday and I still wasn't feeling that great on Monday afternoon so I called my doctor to schedule an appointment to see what they thought. I was scheduled to go in yesterday but when I woke up I felt like 80% better so I cancelled the appointment - only because I think I needed to go see the Gastro doctor because I think they deal more with my situation.

So when I'm sleeping I've noticed the last couple of nights that I would wake up in 'night sweats' - I'm covered up and thought maybe if I take one of the covers off that maybe that would do it but I still woke up sweaty. It didn't make sense to me so today I called my Gastro doctor to schedule an appointment but he can't see me till June.

Something that has me concerned is that I feel like I may have a fever but I don't feel sick - I don't feel like I have any other COLD or FLU symptoms. I'm waiting patiently to go at lunch and buy a thermometer that I can check my temps.

Now being Diabetic - I'm wondering if my numbers came down over this whole ordeal. I don't have a reliable meter and need to buy a new one and I'm wondering if maybe that maybe was giving me this reacting.

The other concerns I have is that this is a warning sign that something bigger is happening. I never had an Acid Reflux attack this bad and I'm wondering IF I should be really concerned.

Any thoughts?