• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Diabetes Cured. Dr. Jason Fung

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I was up to 350 lbs. Following the food pyramid, eating 5-7 small meals a day as I was told I should do. That's how I got to 350 lbs..

Got my blood tested and my personal Dr.(Not Dr. Fung) Said, you have diabetes. I am going to put you on insulin... I immediately went home and started doing research. Watched hours and hours of videos on diabetes and came across Dr. Jason Fung.

Fat is just stored food energy. It's that second big mac you had two months ago. That slice of cheese cake you had after dinner last week, ... Dr. Fung says he cures diabetes by letting your body re-eat what it stored over the years. Tons of videos online. Watched hour upon hour of them. Then I bought his books online and read all of those...

Not being someone who goes at things easy, being an all in sort of guy, I decided to try fasting. Now understand. During my waking hours, if I went two hours without some food I really couldn't tell you what year that occurred. You are supposed to eat a lot of small meals all day long to lose fat, right? As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working for you?" It wasn't. So Jesus went 40 days and nights without food, right? Sounds like a good target.

Mind you that was not what Dr. Jason Fung teaches. He's a real careful sort of guy who doesn't like extremes much. Me ... well I'm at the other end of things ... but ok, 40 days should put a dent in this blubber I have all around me. Supposedly there is a six pack in there some place. But just being able to see my feet and tie my own shoes would be nice.

So, I made it 24 hours and ended up eating. Failure, right? Heck no. I haven't ever gone two hours without a meal. Great success! I didn't die. Even better. SO I made it 2 days, then 4, then 7 days without food. then 2 weeks then 32 days. 5 meals in three months. I FELT AWESOME THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS FASTING. I had more energy than I had since I was 20 years old. m=needed hours less sleep. I gained hours in my schedule. Shopping for food, preparing food, cleaning up after food...

I lost 104 lbs. Note: There are a lot of fasting sites out there. Some a lot more extreme than Dr. Fungs... Get with your Dr. First. Find a good multivitamin to take if you go over 2 weeks. Yes, there are a lot of people who cure their diabetes slowly over years. Slowly is painful for me as there is a hunger wall for me at about days 2-3. Once I am past that I can fast indefinitely.

I still have some fat. When I notice I am putting on a few lbs. I fast. Otherwise I eat normally. I am usually only hungry about once a day though so that's my norm. Oh yeah. my Dr. didn't recognize me when I went back. He reversed his claim that I had diabetes in the first place. You see, according to him diabetes is not curable. But it's ok.

And no. Don't trust me. Get with a Dr. who is familiar with fasting and monitor the heck out of your blood sugars. Understand that all medication is hyper reactive while fasting and your blood sugars may bounce all over heck for the first few days. Monitor, Monitor, monitor and go VERY LIGHT with all medication so you don't put yourself in a coma and die. Yes. it works. Yes you can cure your diabetes slowly or quickly. Just don't kill yourself getting healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
So I was up to 350 lbs. Following the food pyramid, eating 5-7 small meals a day as I was told I should do. That's how I got to 350 lbs..

Got my blood tested and my personal Dr.(Not Dr. Fung) Said, you have diabetes. I am going to put you on insulin... I immediately went home and started doing research. Watched hours and hours of videos on diabetes and came across Dr. Jason Fung.

Fat is just stored food energy. It's that second big mac you had two months ago. That slice of cheese cake you had after dinner last week, ... Dr. Fung says he cures diabetes by letting your body re-eat what it stored over the years. Tons of videos online. Watched hour upon hour of them. Then I bought his books online and read all of those...

Not being someone who goes at things easy, being an all in sort of guy, I decided to try fasting. Now understand. During my waking hours, if I went two hours without some food I really couldn't tell you what year that occurred. You are supposed to eat a lot of small meals all day long to lose fat, right? As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working for you?" It wasn't. So Jesus went 40 days and nights without food, right? Sounds like a good target.

Mind you that was not what Dr. Jason Fung teaches. He's a real careful sort of guy who doesn't like extremes much. Me ... well I'm at the other end of things ... but ok, 40 days should put a dent in this blubber I have all around me. Supposedly there is a six pack in there some place. But just being able to see my feet and tie my own shoes would be nice.

So, I made it 24 hours and ended up eating. Failure, right? Heck no. I haven't ever gone two hours without a meal. Great success! I didn't die. Even better. SO I made it 2 days, then 4, then 7 days without food. then 2 weeks then 32 days. 5 meals in three months. I FELT AWESOME THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS FASTING. I had more energy than I had since I was 20 years old. m=needed hours less sleep. I gained hours in my schedule. Shopping for food, preparing food, cleaning up after food...

I lost 104 lbs. Note: There are a lot of fasting sites out there. Some a lot more extreme than Dr. Fungs... Get with your Dr. First. Find a good multivitamin to take if you go over 2 weeks. Yes, there are a lot of people who cure their diabetes slowly over years. Slowly is painful for me as there is a hunger wall for me at about days 2-3. Once I am past that I can fast indefinitely.

I still have some fat. When I notice I am putting on a few lbs. I fast. Otherwise I eat normally. I am usually only hungry about once a day though so that's my norm. Oh yeah. my Dr. didn't recognize me when I went back. He reversed his claim that I had diabetes in the first place. You see, according to him diabetes is not curable. But it's ok.

And no. Don't trust me. Get with a Dr. who is familiar with fasting and monitor the heck out of your blood sugars. Understand that all medication is hyper reactive while fasting and your blood sugars may bounce all over heck for the first few days. Monitor, Monitor, monitor and go VERY LIGHT with all medication so you don't put yourself in a coma and die. Yes. it works. Yes you can cure your diabetes slowly or quickly. Just don't kill yourself getting healthy.
I like that —"don't kill yourself getting healthy". Reminds me of a retirement seminar I went to where they spoke of killing yourself earning money to be able to pay for your medical care when you are old.

• Haha
Reactions: EmethAlethia
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like that —"don't kill yourself getting healthy". Reminds me of a retirement seminar I went to where they spoke of killing yourself earning money to be able to pay for your medical care when you are old.

That truly seems to be the mentality of so many. Ugh.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a very encouraging story!!! That certainly works. I've done this with a lot of success. I fell of the bandwagon during the whole covid time. Now I got some health problems and I'm getting back on it again! Thank you for sharing this!

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think that it is possible to cure diabetes to the point where you were like when you were 18 years old. In other words, if you start eating bad, it will take years and years to become diabetic again?

I've not heard of that happening, but I'm sure it has. People aren't usually so keen to talk about their failures.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's really good writing!!! It was funny at times. The way you expressed yourself. You could write for a living! I also have had good success with Dr. Jason Fung's method and Eric Berg's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Healthy Eating Patterns and Risk of Total and Cause-Specific Mortality​

I try to go vegan but it look like Healthy Eating Index 2015 (HEI-2015) and Alternate Healthy Eating Index (AHEI) are actually slightly healthy than Alternate Mediterranean Diet (AMED) and Healthful Plant-based Diet Index (HPDI). Thought all four are much healthier than the average diet of burgers, fries and pizza.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I read recently on FB, that you can not cure diabetes.

It can go into remission, but despite doing all the right things, sugar levels can
rise again. Although, not as high as if you just ignored it.

Is this true?

Upvote 0