Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
DHS withheld July intelligence bulletin calling out Russian attack on Biden’s mental health

In early July the Department of Homeland Security withheld publication of an intelligence bulletin warning law enforcement agencies of a Russian scheme to promote “allegations about the poor mental health” of former Vice President Joe Biden, according to internal emails and a draft of the document obtained by ABC News.

The draft bulletin, titled “Russia Likely to Denigrate Health of US Candidates to Influence 2020 Election,” was submitted to the agency’s legislative and public affairs office for review on July 7. The analysis was not meant for public consumption, but it was set to be distributed to federal, state and local law enforcement partners two days later, on July 9, the emails show.

Just one hour after its submission, however, a senior DHS official intervened.

“Please hold on sending this one out until you have a chance to speak to [acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf]," wrote DHS Chief of Staff John Gountanis, according to an email obtained by ABC News.

That was nearly two months ago. But the bulletin was never circulated.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Please hold on sending this one out until you have a chance to speak to [acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf]," wrote DHS Chief of Staff John Gountanis, according to an email obtained by ABC News.

aka "political officer"

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The difference between Biden and Trump is that Biden doesn't appear to be mentally impaired, even though he has occasional stutters, and even more occasional gaffes.

It takes Russia, making up blooper reels and creating buzz, to give people pause.

Trump, on the other hand, is best described by Bush's comment after his inaugural speech: "That's some weird bleep."

We have heard nothing but "weird bleep" from him before or since. Bush's comment is even truer today.

We don't need Russia to promote Trump's issues--mental, emotional, and most of all ethical.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The difference between Biden and Trump is that Biden doesn't appear to be mentally impaired, even though he has occasional stutters, and even more occasional gaffes.

It takes Russia, making up blooper reels and creating buzz, to give people pause.

Trump, on the other hand, is best described by Bush's comment after his inaugural speech: "That's some weird bleep."

We have heard nothing but "weird bleep" from him before or since. Bush's comment is even truer today.

We don't need Russia to promote Trump's issues--mental, emotional, and most of all ethical.
And yet we have the Donald fans gleefully regurgitating that crap on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet we have the Donald fans gleefully regurgitating that crap on a regular basis.

Yeah....I have to disagree.

Trump never sounded smart. Trump regularly has slips of the tongue and gaffes.

Biden once sounded pretty smart. His debate in 2012 is still a pretty good example of how smart he was....and sounded.

He's gotten to the point where he starts rambling and doesn't even seem to fully understand how he sounds. He sounds noticeably worse than he has in years, and I'm inclined to think that's why the party has kept his appearances to a minimum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He's gotten to the point where he starts rambling and doesn't even seem to fully understand how he sounds. He sounds noticeably worse than he has in years, and I'm inclined to think that's why the party has kept his appearances to a minimum.
Or at least that's what the Russian propaganda wants to portray. Wonder why they'd favor one candidate for the other. And why we'd get posts here going along with their wishes.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or at least that's what the Russian propaganda wants to portray. Wonder why they'd favor one candidate for the other. And why we'd get posts here going along with their wishes.
Oh, gosh.... why would Russia favor Mr. Trump? Whatever could they gain by the bromance between Mr. Putin and Mr. Trump....?
20180321edhoc-a-780x591.jpg

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah....I have to disagree.

Trump never sounded smart. Trump regularly has slips of the tongue and gaffes.

Biden once sounded pretty smart. His debate in 2012 is still a pretty good example of how smart he was....and sounded.

That "Trump never sounded smart" is contrary to reality; that Biden regularly has slips of the tongue and gaffes has been true for as long as I've heard of him but it's only recently true of Trump.

That describes Donald, not Biden. Donald used to speak in whole, coherent paragraphs with complex clauses but now he rambles and loses track of the subject within a single sentence.

He was fully coherent in the 80s:

Somewhat less in the 90s:

Nowadays, the president is frequently rambling, shambling as he spouts the latest conspiracy theory he learned on Fox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dang. Might have saved us time here, what with all the threads posted which parroted that propaganda.

Do you think that because Russian propaganda wants to attack Joe's mental health....that must mean he isn't having any issues?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...so in the last couple of weeks, the Wthe Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced it would no longer brief Congress in person on election security. And now we learn Russian sourced political messaging was buried by our own DHS.

When is America going to wake up?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you think that because Russian propaganda wants to attack Joe's mental health....that must mean he isn't having any issues?
No. Doesn't sound like something I'd think. Reads more like a distraction from uncomfortable questions about the reasons some posts are continuing to repeat actual Russian propaganda here on CF.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No. Doesn't sound like something I'd think. Reads more like a distraction from uncomfortable questions about the reasons some posts are continuing to repeat actual Russian propaganda here on CF.

Just because Russians want to attack Joe's mental health issues....doesn't mean he isn't having mental health issues.

I mean liberals were attacking his mental health back when they had other candidates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just because Russians want to attack Joe's mental health issues....doesn't mean he isn't having mental health issues.

I mean liberals were attacking his mental health back when they had other candidates.
Just because I attack the President’s criminal thinking patterns doesn’t mean his doesn’t think like a criminal...

• Haha
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That's nice. Doesn't change the fact that posts here repeated actual Russian propaganda in real time.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0