Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for me, I've got two that I do. One is "Praying Through the Bible in a Year" (or something like that....I don't have it in front of me! :sorry: ) and the other one is the "Mom's Devotional Bible" which I got when I joined the M.O.P.S. (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) group in my town.

I usually read them at night, before I go to bed. Sometimes I think I'm too tired, but find that when I "make" myself get down to the business of reading the devotionals for that day, I'm actually hungry for more & end up reading 2 or 3!!

Upvote 0

Mela'h

Abba's child
Feb 26, 2005
✟17,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like the Daily Bread. I think they are great daily devotionals that are quite doable, especially if you work outside the home. Right now I am getting into exploring my Jewish roots so I have been doing the weekly Torah readings. They are amazing and have brought new insights into God's character for me:holy:

And I am going a book on discipling right now which is really interesting and practical in learning to come alongside someone and impacting their life in big ways for Christ. :)

Upvote 0
T

TammyInChrist

I am doing a bible study on Acts in the deeper fellowship forum, which started on Monday, It has made me get in the word and I love it!!!

I also read a newsletter I recieve every 3 weeks and I have several devotionals and Christian magazines that I pickup and read here and there....okay feeling conviction here, I need to get my butt in gear!
14.gif

Upvote 0
T

TammyInChrist

Just had to come back and say that what everyone contributed in this post is interesting.....maybe we could have a thread/or use this one, to share something that stood out to us during a certain reading.

Andiesmama, The moms bible is a good one,( I think I have a mom's devotional around here somewhere) and the other one praying through the bible in a year sounds neato!

Andry, the message bible and devotional sounds really neat!

Cookieboo, tracing jewish roots and reading the Torah sounds wonderful! Plus the dicipling book ~ :thumbsup:

wrldstrman, do you read the bible or a devotional?

Okay so I post to much....will ya'll forgive me?:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Ladyday95

Praise God in Sign Language
Mar 15, 2005
✟18,553.00
Faith
Baptist
I use Daily Devotions for the Deaf... Is American Sign Language on DVD... Also have ASL New Testament on DVD.... they are still translating the Old Testament into ASL for the Deaf ... In book form, I use EVD (English Version for the Deaf) Bible. Helps me to understand English in simple language without all the idioms ( words and phrases that have more then one meaning).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sapphire devotional.

On The Day Of Yom Bikoreem
In Leviticus 23, God tells Israel that on the day after the Sabbath of Passover, they are to go out into the field and reap the Bikoreem, the first fruits, of their harvest. So on that day, they would reap the first sheaf of the barley harvest and offer it to the Lord, the first fruits of blessings to come. Once it was offered, the great spring harvest could begin. It was called, Yom Ha Bikoreem, the Day of the First Fruit. In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul speaks of the resurrection and calls Messiah the first fruits or, in Hebrew, the Bikoreem. It's not an accident. For the day that Messiah rose from the dead was the Hebrew holy day called Yom Ha Bikoreem. Messiah became the First Fruits of the new life on the actual Day of First Fruits. And so, the Resurrection is the Bikoreem, the beginning of life for all who receive the new birth. Overcome today, and break through, for Yom Ha Bikoreem is just the beginning of a miracle that goes on and on in those who walk in its power.

From Message #958 - Yom Rishon
Scripture: Proverbs 3:9

TODAY'S MISSION - Messiah has given you the power to break through into the new - Use that power today to take a miraculous step out of the old.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
None but the hungry heart. I like it. There's a certain vibe to it, and after one reads it, it becomes clear that there is emphasis on a few specific points of theology I don't run into that much. Quite graceful and restful, I needed it when I first encountered it.

None But The Hungry Heart

Upvote 0