Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
this is a great resource link popejoe, in this time of pervasive connectivity, where most everyone has various choices for their communication, i think it is very Godly to provide scriptural edification for the tools... radio, then tv, internet and cellphones, now if i could just get a car that read me daily devotionals while i drove and provided added encouragent and edification... crazy! but if a car will assist you in finding your way naturally (like onstar.com) why not finding your way spiritually... :)

these ideas are soo kooky that i'm in the middle of a bidding war over my services with chevy and ford... :D (just kidding... i'd prefer vw anyways)

Upvote 0
that is one thing i cannot stand is when christians assume that technology is bad because it is used incorrectly..... MArtin Luther said, "why does the devil have all the good music?" hehe he was quoted saying that as a response toward christian lack of quality in general.

technology is a tool.. we need to use and promote it.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by marmaladePRO
if i could just get a car that read me daily devotionals while i drove and provided added encouragent and edification... crazy! but if a car will assist you in finding your way naturally (like onstar.com) why not finding your way spiritually... :)

these ideas are soo kooky that i'm in the middle of a bidding war over my services with chevy and ford... :D (just kidding... i'd prefer vw anyways) [/B]

marmaladePRO,
Unfortunately, here in California a persons car is their life,
who they are, and their spirituality.

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
solo that sounds like a great Steve Martin movie :D
consumer materialism isn't just in the water in Calif though, even up north here we've got it. In fact we've probably drunk water from the same resevoir casue we are super liberal's too (cape optional) ;)
you've probably heard we all live in igloo's and drive dogsleds?
well there are some pretty amazing igloos that folks oogle over then :D

Upvote 0
yea the cellphone thing, as far as i know .. works fro every country as long as the carrier supports sms through email ... it is mostly supported but somecarriers have yet to implement it as of yet.

i think it is very cool... i was on the phone recently with a friend of mine who gets them and he was telling me that he actually gets them and writes them down and thinks about them during the day.... most of my friends are tech guys and dont have alot of time to read the bible at work and stuff so it is cool that something so simple can be such a real blessing.

Like teh romans road that was built for the roman empire to come in and destroy all of jerusalem and the european world in general.. though it was made from a "enemy of god" in order to do evil, the same roads that were built to silence and lay low the nations were the same ones used to carry the gospel message of christ to the world. this is the modern day internet, or technology in general, they are or could be used as evil (****, stealing etc...) but they are also the very ordained tools that
God set in place for His work.

Just something to think about

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
i think if solo66 man may not have read your post right....

:) :) :)

i am such a nerd.

did you guys get todays mobileinspiration?

"Psalms 146:3
Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation."

That is totally an awesome verse...
It reminds me that in this huge world full of fear and despair, there is one who resides over all the confusion. The one in whom holds salvation.
Mortal man does not save, nor do his thoughts, ways, religions and practices. It is the Lord that saves.

I love getting these.

Upvote 0

FFX

PS2 Chick with Passion
Dec 11, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟15,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
PopeJoe - that verse is just so true!! :D
But sometimes, for me, I always seem to try and achieve things by my own means :( , when really I should trust in God to take care of it!!! Or sometimes I will trust other people too much, and when that happens, I'll end up getting hurt too :o ... so that's why I'm going to be relying on God's strength, and not the strength of others, because God won't let us down! :)

StogusMaximus - HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! WOW, I noticed you've posted a lot already!!! I hope you like it here ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.