Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I bet the devil is rubbing his hands laughing and sniggering:

Catholic churches preparing to suspend Mass
This Coronavirus issue is showing just how fragile the world system is. Satan is panicking, not sniggering. He controls the world through greed, and vain hopes that life will get better. His financial house of cards is crumbling. People are faced with a problem that has turned their lives upside down. Some at least will turn to God for help. Some Christians will be convicted of their spiritual shallowness and repent.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This Coronavirus issue is showing just how fragile the world system is. Satan is panicking, not sniggering. He controls the world through greed, and vain hopes that life will get better. His financial house of cards is crumbling. People are faced with a problem that has turned their lives upside down. Some at least will turn to God for help. Some Christians will be convicted of their spiritual shallowness and repent.

Yup.

Revelation 11:18
The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But CF is no example of how CF members, supposed Christians, are running to God. No, it seems more panic and running to strip supplies from store shelves. I just posted in another thread on our faith in God. We should be believing and trusting, that's true, and I am. But good point here, Satan will stop at nothing to kick us when we are down. There is without any doubt in my mind that particular spiritual element in this whole thing. So, if there are no or limited services/masses where we worship, we must ban together in what way we can in prayer ( even online) to our living God who has power over this thing. But is that happening ? The focus more seems to be on self preservation from what we at least see here in the forums. I'm not judging, just observing and I seem to be observing our weakness in Christ being displayed, more than our strength in Christ being displayed.

God did not give us a spirit of fear ( 2 Timothy 1:7 ), that comes from elsewhere. And you know what, I hope I'm wrong in my observation ! We have an undeniable truth, God/Jesus/Holy Spirit is more powerful than our enemy.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, it seems more panic and running to strip supplies from store shelves.

I did panicked, ran to the grocery, and stripped the cheese curls section clean!

Cheese curls, can't live without them!

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I did panicked, ran to the grocery, and stripped the cheese curls section clean!

Cheese curls, can't live without them!

Hey I'm probably getting two packs of Klondike bars today but that's because they're on sale 2 for $6. My weakness. And not so bad but also Kind Bars. And mixed nuts, minus peanuts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well thank God for EWTN!

I will sure be watching Mass on EWTN--and they've posted a prayer on their site for those who can't get to Mass. Still a bummer, but at least I can hear the scripture readings and prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Archdiocese of Seattle that I'm in has cancelled all public masses - it covers western Washington state. It's until Easter, unless further notice. I'll be very surprised if it's better by then! Grocery stores are being broken into at night, food delivery trucks are afraid of crossing the Ore/Wa border for fear their truck will be attacked. I'm starting to think we should expect zombies next.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,718.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The pandemic will be over when it's over. I think for most Australians though, life is going on pretty much the same as usual.

Masses are still on (generally) although we've been discouraged from shaking hands during the sign of peace, taking the cup, and it's recommended the host be taken by hand.

I went to an Apple store in a large shopping centre to get a battery replaced in my Iphone (6), but I had to go elsewhere as it was closed (granted there were a few staff there, but mainly just pointing people in other directions), due to the Apple policy of closing all stores worldwide till the 27th March so the lady said. Every other store in the shopping centre appeared to be open, without doing an exhaustive check.

After seeing our attitude to this particular crisis, with panic buying and all the rest, I'm wondering how we'd fare in a war which hit home.

Whether the devil is laughing I wouldn't know. I'm not privy to demonic strategy Down Under (pun intended) and I think the devil would know a real emergency can drive people towards God out of desperation. But I don't think we're at that stage yet, or that this particular pandemic will do the trick.

It reminds me a bit of Screwtape's advice to Wormwood in CS Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" which was first published in Great Britain in 1942 when World War Two was well underway with the Battle of Britain recently finished.

...There is here a cruel dilemma before us. If we promoted justice and charity among men, we should be playing directly into the Enemy's hands; but if we guide them to the opposite behaviour, this sooner or later produces (for He permits it to produce) a war or a revolution, and the undisguisable issue of cowardice or courage awakes thousands of men from moral stupor.

This, indeed, is probably one of the Enemy's motives for creating a dangerous world-a world in which moral issues really come to the point. He sees as well as you do that courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means, at the point of highest reality. A chastity or honesty, or mercy, which yields to danger will be chaste or honest or merciful only on conditions. Pilate was merciful till it became risky.....

.... The main point is that precautions have a tendency to increase fear. The precautions publicly enjoined on your patient, however, soon become a matter of routine and this effect disappears...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,052.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think the devil is very happy that Catholics will not be able to go to church, to be unable to receive the Body and Blood of Christ. Anything to disrupt the life of a Catholic.

But! We can counter him by prayer! Be strong in our prayer life and love of God!

Upvote 0