• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

devil harassing me

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Satan is harassing me. I think I have bipolar, and get depressed. I take psychotropic medicine. I am seeing the official psychiatrist and therapist for my county. I have an appointment to see the new doctor with an official degree high enough to prescribe medicine. I have been stable on my current meds, but my emotions, moods, change, obviously. Sometimes I feel stressed and sad and I cry, I get upset. I try not to take out my bad moods on innocent people, like my parents. It is hard for me to hide my feelings. Satan harasses me by talking to me inside my head, pretending to be a psychologist, I know he's lying, it bothers me because he asks questions that are offensive and lying, ones I already know the answer to. i know it is the devil and his demons that harass me, not a psychiatrist or a nurse or God or an angel, I think I need to decide what side I'm on, what I believe, read the Bible and pray more often. I need to tell Satan to shut up, from now on I will. I watch Joyce Meyer and Charles Stanley, the other preachers on the Christian channel are nutty far-right extremists Republicans, The are deceitful, they lie about democrats, those preachers are false and greedy, shame on the industry for its lies and manipulation, they are so far from Jesus, the 'religious right' should be called the 'religious wrong.' So you see, I am a Christian Democrat, that is a rare being.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Cheer up. God will be your guide and strength if you seek Him prayerfully through His Word and through believing Gods' Word obey what He says. Don't be tempted away from prayer and the scriptures. These are your weapons in our warfare against temptations that come to our mind. Temptation is not sin until we make those thoughts our own. Cast them down draw near to God through prayer and believe his promises and He will draw near to you. This is the victory the over comes the world even our faith.

God bless. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s just your mind unbalanced by the disease. (Voices). Rebuke satan until he goes, if the voices remain…hence. I take them captive, I close the door to them. I identify them as my mind. They are scoundrels but have no power with the door closed.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @AgapeBible, I'm sorry to hear about the struggles that you are facing right now :(

However, I'm glad to hear that you are doing all that you can to get better/to make things better and, especially, that you know God's word well-enough to recognize Satan's lies/half-truths when they come your way so that you can take them captive and give them over to the Lord to deal with instead :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

In fact, I believe that taking his lies "captive"/REFUSING to believe them .. 2 Corinthians 10:5, is the principal way that we obey the command found in the verse below, and the way, as well, that we receive the wonderful promise from God that accompanies that command.

James 4
7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Have you considered memorizing God's word (key verses and passages, not the whole Bible ;)).

I was faced with a HORRIBLE, PAINFUL, RELENTLESS "thought-life" in my earlier days as a believer, but a pastor told me that I could get rid of it by emptying my mind of all of the stale, stinky garbage that came along for the ride when I became a believer ... and that the way to do that, was by filling my mind with something FAR better, the word of God.

And it worked (I am happy to report years later), FAR better than I had hoped or dreamed that it could or would :) It also helps me to be far more prepared fend off Satan's flaming arrows, and it makes it much harder for me to sin (because every time I want to do so, the Holy Spirit uses the verses & passages that I've memorized to remind me why I shouldn't).

It's not an easy Christian spiritual discipline, but you will be blessed by it if you decide to pursue it (and if you do, and you'd like some help getting started, just PM me, as I'd be happy to help :)).

Finally, have you talked to your pastor about all that you are going through right now? If not, I would recommend doing so as soon as possible, both for his counsel/help, and so that he'll know how to pray for you, specifically .. cf Hebrews 13:17.

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - as a believer, you may want to consider beginning to walk away from the politics of this world (as much as you can anyway ... I had to), as I believe that Satan is using it as he never has before as a means of dividing us (believer from believer, that is), which is the very opposite of what the Lord intends, yes .. e.g. John 13:34-35; Ephesians 5:1-2; 1 John 4:20-21. We are called, after all, to be the Lord's "peacemakers", to do good to all people, but especially to those who are our brothers and sisters in Christ .. e.g. Matthew 5:9; Galatians 6:9-10.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am willing to walk away from politics. I have seen how destructive they are. They bring me and my family pain. It's not like our vote counts for much or can make that much of a difference. I am sick of phone calls and letters begging for money! If people could learn to love each other and be kind, gentle, caring and compassionate, to forgive each other, then there would be no need of politics. They lie, sling mud, attack each other, behave like toddlers throwing a temper tamptrum. I could do without getting angry with republicans, I should not have to be a democrat just because my parents are. I want to be free from the harm of politics, and quit watching the news.

btw, I don't go to church. My parents don't want to go. Part of my mental illness effects my ability to do things, driving is one of them. I cannot drive a car, a motor vehicle. My parents don't want to get up early and get ready to go to a church. Plus the problem is which church to go to. We have a whole lot of churches in this town. There's a lot of Baptist, both southern and independent, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Penteposcal, Charismatic, Jehovah's witness, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Jewish, Buddhist, and Muslim. Of course I would go to a Christian church, a protestant Christian fundamentalist church, maybe a Methodist one.

I've talked to mom and dad about this. They are firm and don't want to go back to church. Mom usually sleeps late. Dad and I watch Dr. Charles Stanly on Christian TV. He gives a positive Bible-based message. Dad and I usually watch Joyce Meyers positive Christian speaking on week days on Christian TV in the morning. She is very uplifting.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish I could go to church on Sunday. It would be good for me spiritually, mentally and socially. I would get out of the house and get to talk to people. I have some nice clothes I need to wear. I just hope they don't have free dough nuts to tempt me. I need to cut back on sugar. And loose weight. I thank the Lord for providing for me and helping me to love and care for myself. I want to help other people who are lost as I once was. God bless you all, smile Jesus loves you!

Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wish I could go to church on Sunday. It would be good for me spiritually, mentally, and socially. I would get out of the house and get to talk to people. I have some nice clothes I need to wear. I just hope they don't have free doughnuts to tempt me. I need to cut back on sugar. And lose weight. I thank the Lord for providing for me and helping me to love and care for myself. I want to help other people who are lost as I once was. God bless you all, smile Jesus loves you!
It is time to love yourself. Jesus said to love your neighbor as thyself. You cannot love others unless you love yourself first. You can't have patience with others if you don't have patience with yourself first. Much of what you project onto others is really what you think of yourself.

Upvote 0