Lagos
✟33,268.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth’ (Deuteronomy 28:1 KJV)

God's voice gives us access to God's commandment that makes us commanders on the earth. When we have access to his instruction we are well placed for distinction in everything we do!

'And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any 'more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, this is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left... And the Lord shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones. For through the voice of the Lord shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.'(Isaiah 30:20-21, 30-31 KJV)

The voice of God is the voice of distinction and the voice of victory, for we will hear a voice behind us saying 'this is the way'. His voice brings clarity in the midst of confusion! His voice highlights the way to success and profits (Isaiah 58:14). Through his voice the odds against us are defeated. For through the voice of the Lord shall the 'Assyrian will be beaten down'. Whatever has been smitten you till now will be stricken out by the voice of God!

This is the beauty of thus saith thee Lord: "And who is it that saith and it cometh to pass when the Lord has not commanded it?'(Lamentations 3:37). But when God commands it according to Deuteronomy 28:1 it is signed sealed and delivered!

For the believers God's voice is our security and immunity against the failure in the world system. Season of fasting and prayer creates the spiritual atmosphere that gets us attune to heaven frequency, so we can hears God's voice!

When Elijah fasted for 40 days and nights in 1 King 19, what he got after that season was 'thus saith thee Lord' for every aspect of his ministry. He took decisions that preserve the legacy of his ministry.

Moses came down from that 40 days with the Lord, with commandments from the Lord for the Children of Israel.

In Acts 13 as the Apostles fasted the Holy Ghost said to them, 'Separate me Paul and Barnabas...'.

‘Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away.’

Fasting is not just a time of talking to God, it is much more a time for God to speak to us expressly on every issue of concerns that will bring to him in prayers!

Look at this passage of scripture.

"Paul and Barnabas handpicked leaders in each church. After praying—their prayers INTENSIFIED by fasting—they presented these new leaders to the Master to whom they had entrusted their lives. Working their way back through Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia and preached in Perga. Finally, they made it to Attalia and caught a ship back to Antioch, where it had all started—launched by God’s grace and now safely home by God’s grace. A good piece of work."(Acts 14:23-24 msg)

The emphasis here is on the word 'intensify'. The prayers of the apostles were Intensified by fasting. So, fasting creates spiritual intensity. Better still let's look at the meaning of the word intensify.

Intensified is the adjective form of the verb intensify, which means "to make stronger, sharper, deeper" or "to heighten." So, something that is intensified has been made stronger, sharper, or deeper, or has been heightened, like an intensified search for a missing person.

The prayers of the leaders were intensified through FASTING. Meaning that FASTING made them STRONGER. SHARPER. DEEPER AND HEIGHTEN THEIR SPIRITUAL SENSITIVITY.

It is this heighten spiritual sensitivity that makes us highly receptive to the voice of God and it is the voice of God that gives us the edge in the world! Therefore, as we fast we begin to see that fasting will make us sharper, deeper, stronger and closer to God as you hear his secrets instructions for you as regard every area of our lives.

A season of fasting is therefore a season of 'thus saith thee Lord’s, a season of thus saith thee Lord is a season of victory and distinction!

There is no better way to live life than by having a bank full of thus saith thee Lord and instructions for every point of one’s life. His instruction surely brings distinction

SHARES

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this study on fasting. We should want any way to become closer to God. It would seem a 1 day fast is going to help, or a 2 or 3 day, if we would use our time to pray, read, sing, meditate on the things of God.

Upvote 0

Peter Adeshina Babalola

Nov 4, 2017
Lagos
✟33,268.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this study on fasting. We should want any way to become closer to God. It would seem a 1 day fast is going to help, or a 2 or 3 day, if we would use our time to pray, read, sing, meditate on the things of God.

Thank you for reading and your comments. How long or short we fast depends on individual, and the length of fasting is not as important as having a purpose for and a desire to see something done. But fasting should be a part of our spiritual diet on a regular basis

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe in fasting as the best way to balance body and mind for good health and spiritual cleansing.
For years i have not eaten breakfast, so i fast 18 hours a day. During these hours i am at my best. When your body is relieved of the job of digestion your mind is cleared. Mornings are the best time to pray. Of course fasting from all distractions is good, to seek peace and just convene with our Lord. It's about discipline and brings great reward.

Upvote 0

Peter Adeshina Babalola

Nov 4, 2017
Lagos
✟33,268.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe in fasting as the best way to balance body and mind for good health and spiritual cleansing.
For years i have not eaten breakfast, so i fast 18 hours a day. During these hours i am at my best. When your body is relieved of the job of digestion your mind is cleared. Mornings are the best time to pray. Of course fasting from all distractions is good, to seek peace and just convene with our Lord. It's about discipline and brings great reward.

Well put Sister. Thanks for the input

Upvote 0