Devastated over son getting gf pregnant.

1Newcreation

Veteran
May 5, 2006
E. Coast USA.
✟17,078.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am so upset and hurt but still trying to be supportive to my son too.
You know you raise your kids, teach them the best way you can, but stuff still happens. And there is no point going on about how could this happen etc.
So I am trying to be strong. But I am so anxious and crying and so upset. I have prayed and it has helped somewhat.

My son wants to marry the girl. Bless his heart. He is 18 and she is 19. I don't know how she feels about that.
It hurts because my husband and I love our son so much, he has a career set already and was to leave in June. He is still going to do that because it will lead to financial help. I am hurting over this so much.
I can't stop crying. I am trying to be strong as us mothers need to be for our children.
I don't know how the mother of the young lady is doing, I heard that she was angry but is taking her daughter to the doctor and is supportive.
I have not met her the young lady's mom yet.
As much as I want to rush over there and see what is happening, I am having to take a back seat and just wait.
My son is over there at the girlfriend's house and me and my husband are here left out in the cold.
My husband had tears in his eyes when he found out. That is how much this is effecting us, but my husband is a rock and he is the voice of reason much of the time and he tells me it will be ok, it will be ok.

Our hopes are that we can be part of this babies life in some way. I know the girlfriend has a mother and parental support, so I don't know how were we may fit in. Unless of course she and my son gets married.

As much as they are so young, I feel that marriage would be a good start and somehow they will work it out.

I am having a hard time letting go and letting god but I know that is the best thing for me to do.

I am afraid of just another baby been born into this world with an unstable foundation, another single parent to add to society, I am afraid that the young girlfriend is not going to want us part of the babies life because she has her own mother and father.
This is all so new to me, my husband and I are in shock still but know that we want to be there for the baby.

Please advise and pray. I really need to hear some input. I feel very alone in this. I stopped going to church, I don't have a close network of friends.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will be praying.

I strongly urge you to find a good church.

This is not the end of the world and many, many people have been there before you.

I suggest having a dinner where you, your son, the girl and her parents can meet together and discuss this as a family. Everyone needs to know that everyone else is scared, frustrated, and desiring to work through this together. NO judging allowed! Do whatever you can to maintain peace and constructive dialogue. You do NOT need to settle every issue in one dinner.

Upvote 0

Drewski

Mar 15, 2010
Capetown
✟7,640.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You know you raise your kids, teach them the best way you can, but stuff still happens. And there is no point going on about how could this happen etc.
So I am trying to be strong. But I am so anxious and crying and so upset. I have prayed and it has helped somewhat.

My son wants to marry the girl. Bless his heart. He is 18 and she is 19. I don't know how she feels about that.
It hurts because my husband and I love our son so much, he has a career set already and was to leave in June. He is still going to do that because it will lead to financial help. I am hurting over this so much.
I can't stop crying. I am trying to be strong as us mothers need to be for our children.
I don't know how the mother of the young lady is doing, I heard that she was angry but is taking her daughter to the doctor and is supportive.
As much as I want to rush over there and see what is happening, I am having to take a back seat and just wait.
My son is over there at the girlfriend's house and me and my husband are here left out in the cold.
My husband had tears in his eyes when he found out. That is how much this is effecting us, but my husband is a rock and he is the voice of reason much of the time and he tells me it will be ok, it will be ok.

Our hopes are that we can be part of this babies life in some way. I know the girlfriend has a mother and parental support, so I don't know how were we may fit in. Unless of course she and my son gets married.

As much as they are so young, I feel that marriage would be a good start and somehow they will work it out.

I am having a hard time letting go and letting god but I know that is the best thing for me to do.

I am afraid of just another baby been born into this world with an unstable foundation, another single parent to add to society, I am afraid that the young girlfriend is not going to want us part of the babies life because she has her own mother and father.
This is all so new to me, my husband and I are in shock still but know that we want to be there for the baby.

Please advise and pray. I really need to hear some input. I feel very alone in this. I stopped going to church, I don't have a close network of friends.

For starters, I can see that you love your son dearly and that the family is close, wonderful. Please dont adopt the belief that what has happened is the result of failure on your part, human beings will do what they will do given the right circumstances and although this error in judgement seems huge now, it will get better, what's more, you are going to have a grandchild. A grandchild I might add that will be enjoying your lovely family and I doubt that your son has made a poor choice in partner either.

I also think that it is noble of him to consider marriage given the situation but this is not something that should be rushed given how young they are and it could just be too much right now with all that is happening. I reckon that they both need time and a fair bit of objective counceling by a person qualified to give advice before any decisions are made. I understand that this approach is probably counter intuitive when you consider your beliefs but then, if they are meant to be together and this may not be the case, pressure will not be useful.

Lastly, I hope things pan out for the best, good luck!

Upvote 0

Wanda Lee

Feb 5, 2011
Upland, Ca
Visit site
✟7,813.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will be praying.

I strongly urge you to find a good church.

This is not the end of the world and many, many people have been there before you.

I suggest having a dinner where you, your son, the girl and her parents can meet together and discuss this as a family. Everyone needs to know that everyone else is scared, frustrated, and desiring to work through this together. NO judging allowed! Do whatever you can to maintain peace and constructive dialogue. You do NOT need to settle every issue in one dinner.

These are great suggestions. Cover your son, his girlfriend - especially the baby, in prayer. May the Lord guide your steps and give you strength through this time. If this draws all of you closer to the Lord then what the enemy planned for evil God has arranged for good.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

Think of it this way, you raised a son who, even though he made a mistake, is looking to correct it by being a father to a child and a husband to the child's mother. So many would either run away from responsibility or seek an abortion, but he is trying to fix the problem he has caused doing something that, statistically speaking, the majority of young adults do.

Upvote 0