✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Parsing Deut 6:4: The Hebrew word Echad translates ONE & means "ONE in UNITY" not singularity. Top synonym for the word unity = oneness.

Another examples of echad:

Gen 2:24 echad speaks about the husband & wife being ONE flesh. Husband & wife aren't a singular being. They become "ONE in UNITY" with each other.

1 Cor 12:12 The apostle say's; For as the body is one & has many members & all the members of that one body, although many, are one body:.

Additional oneness text:
Jn 10:30 I and my Father are one.
(MY NOTE: I and my Father = 2. These 2 are SPIRITUALLY ONE in UNITY)

Jn 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
(MY NOTE: The Father is in me & I in him = 2 = SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Jn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
(MY NOTE: I am in the Father & the Father in me = 2 = SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Jn 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
(MY NOTE: I am in the Father & the Father in me = 2 = SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Jn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
(MY NOTE: Here it's the Father, Son & EVERY SPIRITUALLY INDWELT believer = MANY = ARE CONNECTED VIA SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Jn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(MY NOTE: Here again Spiritual oneness, includes ALL those/believers that Christ has baptized/indwelt with is eternal salvation sealing Holy Spirit)

Rom 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
(MY NOTE: Does one body = one person? NO! The millions/billions = ONE SPIRITUALLY CONNECTED BODY/ONE in UNITY)

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.
(MY NOTE: Christ is the head of the church: He is the savior of a NUMEROUS SPIRITUAL BODY OF ONE IN UNITY)

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brotherjj, thank you for these scriptures.

Reminds me of these verses friend.

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. Eph 4

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0