• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Deuteronomy 28:28 curse?

JennaB33

Jun 10, 2020
Abbotsford
✟12,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a truly born again believer in 2015- baptized in the spirit into new life...
A while ago I gave into temptation and my heart feels like it hasn’t been the same or received anything from God the same. Like hardened..
I recently read Deuteronomy 28:28 about the curses that fall upon those that don’t obey the Lord in loving Him with all your mind, heart, soul and strength. At first there was fear of Hebrews 10:26 which I have fallen under to believe after a season of sin- that was months ago.
Now I have had so many mental issues with seeing, or conceiving spiritual things (fear, blindness, confusion, disorientation with reality) my physical body hasn’t been doing well. So it literally feels like I’ve been living in this curse.
Has anyone els been experiencing this?
I hope not, but i’m Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks,
Jenna.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I was a truly born again believer in 2015- baptized in the spirit into new life...
A while ago I gave into temptation and my heart feels like it hasn’t been the same or received anything from God the same. Like hardened..
I recently read Deuteronomy 28:28 about the curses that fall upon those that don’t obey the Lord in loving Him with all your mind, heart, soul and strength. At first there was fear of Hebrews 10:26 which I have fallen under to believe after a season of sin- that was months ago.
Now I have had so many mental issues with seeing, or conceiving spiritual things (fear, blindness, confusion, disorientation with reality) my physical body hasn’t been doing well. So it literally feels like I’ve been living in this curse.
Thanks,
Jenna.
You are being lied to. Lord Jesus redeemed believers from the curse of the Law. The curses were specifically for the old covenant God made with Israel. Even that covenant was second best. Israel did not want to draw near to God as Moses did.

Anyone who claims to obey the Law perfectly is deluded on two counts. The first count is that no, they do not obey perfectly. The second is that the Law that came through Moses is only a shadow of God's desire for humanity. If you want to know God's heart, check out the sermon on the mount. It's not just harder than the 10 commandments, it is impossible. Except for the One who delivered the sermon.

Christians need to know that God expects nothing from sinners but sin. There is nothing wrong with God's Law. We could obey if we wanted to. Israel proved that even the terrible consequences of disobedience were not enough to motivate people to obey God. There is no desire whatever in the heart of man to obey God.

Those who are born again are different. We have a new nature that wants to please God. We have the Lord Jesus to be our life so that we are pleasing to God right now. God does not see us in isolation. We died and our lives are hidden in God with Christ. God's will is to bless, not curse. Jesus was cursed so that we could go free.

How does it work in experience? When we accept that we died with Christ, when we see that we were raised with Christ, when we see that we are new creations, when we ask the Lord Jesus to live instead of what we used to be, we will make progress. The less we try to change ourselves, the better. Jesus came that we might have Life. It's a different kind of life from what we inherited from Adam. if we will turn away from the old, we will enjoy the new.

This is why it is so important to have a renewed mind. We bring our old thought patterns with us into the new relationship that we have with God. Those notions have to be replaced with truth according to God's word. Then we will have peace and blessing, even when things are not working out as we might like. We will see that all things work together for our good. I'm frustrated right now because our network printer has decided to give up and I don't know how to fix it. Yet I am at peace within. God is in control!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks,
Jenna.

Yes i have also been under God's curse because of my sin and had to travel through the great desolation because i had been serving an abomination, satan ruling my big I my god to be. i ran like hell when i saw that in my life, back to Jesus. Sin brings slavery and unwillingness to do what is right. That is the lesson you and i had to learn.

Faith in His love needs to come to life in you again before you can even properly repent of your sins. Honest understand that Jesus knew you would go astray and sin as you have, He knew you would do that and paid your price so you don't have to. It is for you to believe that.

The moment you put your faith in God's love because of Jesus you will begin to experience Him again. That is the problem with living a life of sin, it kills our Lord right from within us, the good thing is that faith in His love resurrects our good life and gives us the ability to fight back and claim our inheritance anyhow. Jesus is always very happy to see us back again.

Please don't let satan convince you otherwise. He is very clever for he controls our unfaithful love as well as our guilty conscience and can truly torture us with our own dirt, satan loves doing that. Get you to sin or hurt you with your past sins, that is the game he loves to play with the human heart. To die to your big I is the way to go and to get God's word into you to defend you against the enemy living in your heart and mind.

So the hardness of your heart you don't need to believe when you realise that this is what Scripture warned us about and this fate Jesus wanted to save us from. So when the hardness of your heart speaks go to Him instead of from Him. Go against your own masters and surrender your bad life into His hands. Put your trust in Him and understand that know one can pluck us out of Father's hand, not your own unbelief and hardness of heart either. God will simply destroy you being like with His loving truth, so get that into you every chance you get.

Heed The Truth of God when He says;

Isaiah 55
Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.
See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a ruler and commander of the peoples.
Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations you do not know will come running to you,
because of the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor.”

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the Lord’s renown,
for an everlasting sign,
that will endure forever.”

Upvote 0

JennaB33

Jun 10, 2020
Abbotsford
✟12,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do understand old vs. New covenant.. i’m Looking at sewing and reaping according to the flesh even after the new birth.
I know God’s Grace is the empowerment to live holy and set apart, but after a couple cycles of disobedience I have felt so far away and like my love has been taken away. It’s hard to describe. I know what the Word of God says about sin and it feels like i’m reaping what i’ve sown in the flesh now. I want to believe He still loves me, but Holy Spirit including the fruits of (love, peace, patience, joy, long suffering, self control & kindness) hasn’t been felt in a long time. Almost have felt overcome by this feeling of lust- so many thoughts when I look at anything it’s taken the wrong way. Also apathy ...Please pray for my mental and physical health.
Thanks.

Upvote 0